DCTF preseason TX 6A top 10

Horsefly

36 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Have they ever reached out to Trinity for a Home and Home?  Because the Tyler Schools have done that with them several times.  Actually 5A John Tyler hosts them this year and I know they have played Tyler Lee before as well.   ET have proven they will play anywhere

Now that's a game I don't think we've had....Longview vs ET.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Now that's a game I don't think we've had....Longview vs ET.  

That game would last about 1hr 10 mins. 🤣

Only about 38 miles up 1-20 from Tyler.  I am sure the Tongans could get enough Petro to get there.  I would surely drive out to Beast Texas for that one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

According to the bylaws:  Section 14,  par. 48.  Strictly states: "Tenured members are welcome to comment on any issue in any state.  Non tenured members should hone their craft on their local regional boards, and post sparingly in other states".

Its the subtle differences you have trouble grasping.

Actually you are the one having trouble grasping the subtleties.

You stepped on your dick (figuratively, of course; it’s too small for you to really step on it) so I’m afraid you’ll have to live with it.🦃

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Actually you are the one having trouble grasping the subtleties.

You stepped on your dick (figuratively, of course; it’s too small for you to really step on it) so I’m afraid you’ll have to live with it.🦃

Section 2 Paragraph 1: "Members on probation, who resort to personal attacks when the wheels fall off their argument, shall duly apologize to the offended person, and their peer on the forum." "Said members shall revisit their local boards, for (1) one week before posting in threads the said member does not have the necessary expertise or pedigree."

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Section 2 Paragraph 1: "Members on probation, who resort to personal attacks when the wheels fall off their argument, shall duly apologize to the offended person, and their peer on the forum." "Said members shall revisit their local boards, for (1) one week before posting in threads the said member does not have the necessary expertise or pedigree."

Personal attacks are not the same as justifiably pointing out horse’s-assery.

I would go so far as to say resorting to making up lame guidelines in a futile attempt to excuse bad behavior qualifies as “the wheels falling off.”

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

We will know quickly:    Permian has been decent over the last 5 years   This is Jeff Ellison's 2nd season as HC he was previously @ North Shore for 7 seasons as O-Line Coach.   They lost both of their good RB's to graduation and WR. Sellers.  They were a Sr. Heavy team and went 8 - 4 but was competitive losing to a very good SLC team 24 -20 and 38 -28 vs. Desoto.  Only Midland Lee beat them in District. They had 2 very good JV teams.  The JV. Black went 7 - 2 -1  and the JV White 8 -1.  I think they will be a good squad maybe top 30 in 6A.  I Think they will win between 7-8 in the regular season.  They will go D-1 and lose quickly

Their upcoming Pre-Season

at Desoto on 08/30

SLC @ Ratliff on 09/13

Palm Desert Ca @ Ratliff on 09/21.  Palm Desert went 11-1 last year and 10-2 the year before

Thanks for the insight.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, Horsefly said:

They play 5A ranked SOC in week 2, game was cancelled last year.(they will play the exact schedule as last year except they replaced evangel Christian with SJC)  SOC is a solid opponent for a number of reasons.   

The season is the season.  They’ll play the games, advance as far as they can in the POs and then we’ll review at the end.   

LMAO, SOC who struggled against Skyline who lost to DV by almost 60pts? ok!

46 minutes ago, Kalven said:

LMAO, SOC who struggled against Skyline who lost to DV by almost 60pts? ok!

Single game comparisons are silly to make in assessing a team in ‘19.  Especially ones from LAST YEAR. 😆 

In 2018:

SLC 25 SGP 8

Duncanville 30 SGP 14

one would expect SLC and duncanville be close, right? 

duncanville 51 SLC 7

stick to CA and let us Texans analyze Texas, I pay attention to TX schools detail way more then you.

SOC defense (7-8 D1 players) will challenge DV offense.  SOC is a good team, will be a strong competitor in 5A. 

The fact SOC students went to an alternative location for classes and football practices for all of 2018 school year b/c of campus renovations was impactful as well.  Things will be back to normal this fall. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Single game comparisons are silly to make in assessing a team in ‘19.  Especially ones from LAST YEAR. 😆 

In 2018:

SLC 25 SGP 8

Duncanville 30 SGP 14

one would expect SLC and duncanville be close, right? 

duncanville 51 SLC 7

stick to CA and let us Texans analyze Texas, I pay attention to TX schools detail way more then you.

SOC defense (7-8 D1 players) will challenge DV offense.  SOC is a good team, will be a strong competitor in 5A. 

The fact SOC students went to an alternative location for classes and football practices for all of 2018 school year b/c of campus renovations was impactful as well.  Things will be back to normal this fall. 

I hope to be proven wrong if not your credibility will be noted....