U.S. Open at Pebble Beach

1DayPGA

It's going to be great weather at Pebble. 70's Thurs/Fri. then a little cooler on the weekend. I was at Pebble in 1992, 2000, 2010, and will be there this week watching my buddy who qualified for it. He's already met Tiger, Jason Day, and a few other pro's.  Hopefully he'll make the cut and play the weekend but it is all pretty surreal for him so we'll see. 

Lots of folks picking Tiger to win but Rory played lights out the last 2 days in the Canadian Open flirting with a 59. Koepka is feeling very confident and rightfully so and Phil winning at Pebble getting his U.S. Open and the grand slam would be storybook. Others to look out for is DJ who has won at Pebble and lost the Open at Pebble in 2010. Spieth has also stepped up his game.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I will be there with bells on.  Well maybe bae wears them.  Thank God my mom lives up the hill so we can just walk down to the course, but mos def will be Ubering or Taxing it on the way back. Looking forward to some pretty fun times to be had this weekend.  If y'all see a crazy Mexi streaking across 18 on TV this weekend, you'll know who it is. 

• Haha 2

Going to be a great weekend. Looking forward to watching it. I would love to see Tiger pull it off again. If he doesn't I see DJ winning it. My dark horse however is Sneds. Brandt Snedeker. He has won 2 or 3 times at PB. He plays really, really well there. Plus he is playing good right now. My other dark horse is Billy the kid Horshel.

Was at Pebble yesterday for a practice round. Weather was perfect. About 75 and no wind. My buddy got us inside the ropes passes so we followed him he was paired with Louie Oostuizen. Louie very nice guy. Small in stature but hits it long. Here are a few picts. We walked over to the practice range and my buddy was hitting balls next to DJ so he introduced us to Butch Harmon (DJ's coach) and his son who coaches Koepka. Then we went over to the Titleist van and met Bob Vokey (invented Vokey wedges) and then Peter Cowen, walks in and says hello. He works with Rory Graeme McDowell, Sergio, Louie O, and a few other European Pro's. One thing I'll say all these guys were very friendly. Looking forward to tomorrow.   

Pebble.jpg

Tee Shot.jpg

Titleist Van.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

A bit foggy out there today. But I’ll take that marine layer AC were getting now to bring this nice cool down after yesterday.

Could've used a breeze yesterday it was pretty warm and you do a lot of walking at a golf event. Come tourney time the weather will be good. Hopefully the wind stays down.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Going to be a great weekend. Looking forward to watching it. I would love to see Tiger pull it off again. If he doesn't I see DJ winning it. My dark horse however is Sneds. Brandt Snedeker. He has won 2 or 3 times at PB. He plays really, really well there. Plus he is playing good right now. My other dark horse is Billy the kid Horshel.

US Open style course will be no joke.  The grass around the course is super high!!

• Like 1