Saban and 'Bama: Shouldn't be NEAR the top 25

badrouter

per the approach to rankings that many here use. It's quite simple, actually. They wouldn't be ranked in any "tiers" because the schedule that they had control over making is weaksauce. Duke (lost their QB too), New Mexico St., Southern Miss, West Carolina. Soooo weak. Therefore, we can obviously conclude the team isn't very good. Right? Stanford, with games against Big 10 title game participant Northwestern, @ national top 10 UCF, and Notre Dame is a MUCH stronger OOC schedule. As such, we can conclude Stanford should be ranked ahead of Alabama. Duh! Even if Stanford gets waxed in a couple of those games, at least THEY PLAYED THOSE GAMES. Right?

Of course I'm being a sarcastic prick. Because such "rationale" encourages as much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, badrouter said:

per the approach to rankings that many here use. It's quite simple, actually. They wouldn't be ranked in any "tiers" because the schedule that they had control over making is weaksauce. Duke (lost their QB too), New Mexico St., Southern Miss, West Carolina. Soooo weak. Therefore, we can obviously conclude the team isn't very good. Right? Stanford, with games against Big 10 title game participant Northwestern, @ national top 10 UCF, and Notre Dame is a MUCH stronger OOC schedule. As such, we can conclude Stanford should be ranked ahead of Alabama. Duh! Even if Stanford gets waxed in a couple of those games, at least THEY PLAYED THOSE GAMES. Right?

Of course I'm being a sarcastic prick. Because such "rationale" encourages as much.

Not gonna lie: As good as bama is, they always seem to schedule inferior opponents for their openers and non conference games. Who makes their schedule? Because that's unacceptable. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Not gonna lie: As good as bama is, they always seem to schedule inferior opponents for their openers and non conference games. Who makes their schedule? Because that's unacceptable. 

Say and think what you will. Doesn't change the fact that they will almost certainly be among the top 3-4 teams in the country. Anyone who'd actually rank Stanford ahead or favor them over Alabama would be the ultimate tool.

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

This is obvious nonsense.

They've played Louisville, Florida State (2x), USC, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Virginia Tech (2x), Michigan, Penn State (2x) and Clemson.

Who else has played non-conference like this?

And they committed to these kickoff classics and home-and-home games way ahead of time.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

This is obvious nonsense.

They've played Louisville, Florida State (2x), USC, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Virginia Tech (2x), Michigan, Penn State (2x) and Clemson.

Who else has played non-conference like this?

And they committed to these kickoff classics and home-and-home games way ahead of time.

Oh, interesting. So, the fact that they've proven themselves many times against undeniably excellent competition in years past may tell us something about the same program in the present? I think you may be on to something here. Still, THIS season has a poor optional schedule featuring teams that have NEVER been known to be formidable. Go through the history of Duke, New Mexico St., Southern Miss and Western Carolina and you'll never find a time when scheduling them would've been seen as ballsy or impressive. 

Just now, badrouter said:

Oh, interesting. So, the fact that they've proven themselves many times against undeniably excellent competition in years past may tell us something about the same program in the present?

These are the last 11 years.

As in consecutive. As in they always play a Power 5 team with some stature.

If they played a team that wasn't good, it wasn't by design. If Lakeland plays a team that is good, it wasn't by design.

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Duke is an 8-win P5 team and has been consistently for the last 5-6 years.

This thread is stupid which is par for the course.

They win 8 games against a weak schedule and lose their star QB, but that's worthy of respect? Hmm. Let's see if we can find some other teams who won 8 games against a weak schedule in a power region. Perhaps a team that won 8-9 games in Dade county??

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I have not mentioned any specific HS teams. That's you that just did that.

Puhlease.

Everybody knows your shtick. It's all that you do around here.

Start dumb threads about Grace Brethren or Alabama to insinuate that Lakeland should be ranked higher.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

Let's see if we can find some other teams who won 8 games against a weak schedule in a power region. Perhaps a team that won 8-9 games in Dade county??

Duke is a far better college football team than Hialeah is a high school team.

And plays a much tougher schedule comparatively.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No, I just have some sense and know badrouter's intention.

I don't think you have as clear a picture of my intentions as you think. Because you've done next to nothing to attack the actual argument. You just inserted one school into the mix that I had not mentioned.

I don't think you have as clear a picture of my intentions as you think. 

This is laughable.

You are the biggest homer on this forum, by far.

It's baked into every post that you make. You don't make an effort unless Lakeland's name can be dropped or their ranking can be argued for.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Puhlease.

Everybody knows your shtick. It's all that you do around here.

Start dumb threads about Grace Brethren or Alabama to insinuate that Lakeland should be ranked higher.

Maybe electroconvulsive treatment is in your future....

Yup, Im convinced Droo da GooRoo.

Your wires are crossed and melting.

BGW

• Haha 1

This is laughable.

You are the biggest homer on this forum, by far.

It's baked into every post that you make. You don't make an effort unless Lakeland's name can be dropped or their ranking can be argued for.

Indeed, I am laughing at every reply. 😂

Pure conjecture.

No, I just know what I'm talking about.

Like, for instance, that the bad Dade teams are scheduled against each other. So Hialeah won 9 games against some of the worst teams in the state. Then lost by 35 against the only decent team they played.

Duke is a competent college football team. Hialeah is not a competent high school football team.