Kamala Harris was Strong Last Night...m

RedZone

24 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Sad part gunny is these accomplishments as well as our history both good and bad, is not being taught any longer. It is being wiped out of the history books. The constitution is not being taught any longer. Why do you think that is? Personally I believe if the youth never understands or knows their rights they will not demand them in the future.

A past forgotten will be repeated. 

I think a lot of it is to not focus on the negative parts of history and just teach the sanitized version because it makes the majority in any group feel good about themselves and accomplishments.  For instance as a Kid I loved George Washington because they taught me he chopped down a Cherry Tree,  had wooden teeth and never told a lie and was the Father of our country (indoctrinated). I grew up an learned he enslaved my ancestors, pulled their teeth out and had them in his dentures.  So I no longer looked at him the same. Why not teach me the whole truth about him.  Imagine believing a man has wooden teeth that he can eat and drink with.  Imagine the bacteria and rot that would cause.  Plessey vs. Ferguson should be troubling to anyone.   Yet ask anyone black or white what it was about and see how many know.  The Supreme Court in that case ruled that racism in America is in fact Constitutional and that was over 120yrs after this nation was founded.  

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/george-washingtons-false-teeth-come-slaves-look-evidence-responses-evidence-limitations-history/

The wooden tooth lie was to hide what he did to his slaves.   I will assure you most adults still believe the Wooden tooth Lie.  A nation that will lie about that will teach you a lot of nonsense.  Such as Jefferson being an outstanding person that respected human rights.  He was terrible. 

His first tooth was pulled in 1756, when he was just 24. By 1781, Washington was wearing partial dentures, and by 1789, he had only one tooth left in his mouth. That year, he started wearing full sets of dentures made from ivory and human teeth.  

Where is the wood?

image.jpeg.4b6a25d5f84bb1c27d1061e1dfc5d029.jpeg

By the way I only commented over here on this topic is because someone called my Culture Trash.  Not some Black people but Black Culture as a whole.   I come from that Culture and I am far from trash.   And no one gets to define me any longer.  Especially when that person is ignorant about his own culture. 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I think a lot of it is to not focus on the negative parts of history and just teach the sanitized version because it makes the majority in any group feel good about themselves and accomplishments.  For instance as a Kid I loved George Washington because they taught me he chopped down a Cherry Tree,  had wooden teeth and never told a lie and was the Father of our country (indoctrinated). I grew up an learned he enslaved my ancestors, pulled their teeth out and had them in his dentures.  So I no longer looked at him the same. Why not teach me the whole truth about him.  Imagine believing a man has wooden teeth that he can eat and drink with.  Imagine the bacteria and rot that would cause.  Plessey vs. Ferguson should be troubling to anyone.   Yet ask anyone black or white what it was about and see how many know.  The Supreme Court in that case ruled that racism in America is in fact Constitutional and that was over 120yrs after this nation was founded.  

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/george-washingtons-false-teeth-come-slaves-look-evidence-responses-evidence-limitations-history/

The wooden tooth lie was to hide what he did to his slaves.   I will assure you most adults still believe the Wooden tooth Lie.  A nation that will lie about that will teach you a lot of nonsense.  Such as Jefferson being an outstanding person that respected human rights.  He was terrible. 

His first tooth was pulled in 1756, when he was just 24. By 1781, Washington was wearing partial dentures, and by 1789, he had only one tooth left in his mouth. That year, he started wearing full sets of dentures made from ivory and human teeth.  

Where is the wood?

image.jpeg.4b6a25d5f84bb1c27d1061e1dfc5d029.jpeg

Did not know this. Thank you. 

I believe if we dont not teach our history both the good as well as the bad, we will repeat it. 

11 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Did not know this. Thank you. 

I believe if we dont not teach our history both the good as well as the bad, we will repeat it. 

Yes most don't.  I asked 4 African Americans yesterday if they knew what Plessy vs. Ferguson was about and my Girl who is very smart couldn't answer.  She knew of the case but could not ID what it was about.  Fascinating is what it was and what the Supreme court ruled.  It gave way to the rise of Jim Crow and separate but Equal which we know was not equal.  

What's funny Ferguson by any stretch was a white Man 7/8th white 1/8th Black and was selected to challenge racism and they ruled like this.   So no one can preach to me when the highest court in this nation ruled that Racism was as American as Betsy Ross' Flag.   Isn't it amazing that over 70 years later in the 60's Rosa Parks challenged the same system under the same circumstances.  

Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court issued in 1896. It upheld the constitutionality of racial segregation laws for public facilities as long as the segregated facilities were equal in quality – a doctrine that came to be known as "separate but equal".  

That ruling led to Jim Crow and Black laws especially in the South.   That only ended 57 yrs ago.  Did you know that in 1965 the AFL moved their all star football game to Houston because black players could not stay in hotels in New Orleans 

https://theundefeated.com/features/when-racism-drove-the-afl-all-star-game-out-of-new-orleans/

The trouble for the 20 black football players surfaced as soon as they stepped off the plane at New Orleans International Airport. It was Jan. 9, 1965, and the men were in town to play in the American Football League All-Star Game. But before 24 hours had transpired, events got so insufferably bad they all left.

White passengers watched as groups of African-Americans came out to the same curb as them and actually tried to hail cabs – their white cabs. And after 250 years of segregation, whites were making no concessions.

“The white players were going out, getting in cabs, and taking off, going to the hotels,” recalled Bobby Bell, the Kansas City Chiefs linebacker and future Hall of Famer. “When the black players would go out to get a cab, the white cabbie would say, ‘No can do.’ I guess we were out at the airport a couple of hours.”

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes most don't.  I asked 4 African Americans yesterday if they knew what Plessy vs. Ferguson was about and my Girl who is very smart couldn't answer.  She knew of the case but could not ID what it was about.  Fascinating is what it was and what the Supreme court ruled.  It gave way to the rise of Jim Crow and separate but Equal which we know was not equal.  

What's funny Ferguson by any stretch was a white Man 7/8th white 1/8th Black and was selected to challenge racism and they ruled like this.   So no one can preach to me when the highest court in this nation ruled that Racism was as American as Betsy Ross' Flag.   Isn't it amazing that over 70 years later in the 60's Rosa Parks challenged the same system under the same circumstances.  

Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court issued in 1896. It upheld the constitutionality of racial segregation laws for public facilities as long as the segregated facilities were equal in quality – a doctrine that came to be known as "separate but equal".

this is my point, people have no idea about this because they have never been taught. Few like yourself who dare to seek knowledge of history before believing it. But sir you are once again the minority. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

this is my point, people have no idea about this because they have never been taught. Few like yourself who dare to seek knowledge of history before believing it. But sir you are once again the minority. 

I pick a subject once a week and delve into it or a person.   What propelled me is that in the 6th grade we used to have black history week.  And I came home and told my mom that I no longer wanted to participate or go to school that week because they only taught about slavery, MLK and the underground railroad and that none of the Freedom Fighters were discussed and the next 2 years I didn't go to school during that week.  But did my homework from Home.  Yet 2 years later I was the 1st black Male salutatorian of my Jr. High.  When my Son was in the 6th grade in San Diego he came home and said he had to do a report on the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving.  I told him tomorrow ask his Native American classmate to help him 😒.  He came home and said Dad there isn't one in my class.  Off to the Library we went and lets just say his report shocked his class. 😂  And everything he presented came from John Smith's diary like this dude>  That Diary is amazing and the real history;  There was some detente with the Indians but don't believe all that damn Turkey eating stuff 

Master Thomas Hunt who was a shipmaster for Smith and did this in his 1614 voyage, during which he stole more than twenty Indians to sell into slavery in Spain, thereby damaging Anglo-Indian relations for many years.  🤣

Or how about this:  Obviously, the Indians had to supply the colony with food, since the colonists were too lazy to supply themselves by working in the fields, but the colonists had to reimburse the Indians through barter. 😎

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I pick a subject once a week and delve into it or a person.   What propelled me is that in the 6th grade we used to have black history week.  And I came home and told my mom that I no longer wanted to participate or go to school that week because they only taught about slavery, MLK and the underground railroad and that none of the Freedom Fighters were discussed and the next 2 years I didn't go to school during that week.  But did my homework from Home.  Yet 2 years later I was the 1st black Male salutatorian of my Jr. High.  When my Son was in the 6th grade in San Diego he came home and said he had to do a report on the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving.  I told him tomorrow ask his Native American classmate to help him 😒.  He came home and said Dad there isn't one in my class.  Off to the Library we went and lets just say his report shocked his class. 😂  And everything he presented came from John Smith's diary like this dude>  That Diary is amazing and the real history

Master Thomas Hunt who was a shipmaster for Smith and did this in his 1614 voyage, during which he stole more than twenty Indians to sell into slavery in Spain, thereby damaging Anglo-Indian relations for many years.  🤣

Or how about this:  Obviously, the Indians had to supply the colony with food, since the colonists were too lazy to supply themselves by working in the fields, but the colonists had to reimburse the Indians through barter. 😎

Thanks for sharing this gunny. 

• Like 1