NJ student gets into all 8 ivies....obvious question

waltwhitman

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

[...]

blacks have made tremendous strides in this country post slavery and we are represented in all aspects of society (doctors, lawyers, CEOs, Ivy League grads, 4  star generals, POTUS, mayors, senators, business owners, etc. ) commendable achievement by a race in this country that was subjected to centuries of slavery and Jim Crow laws.  

[...]

Nobody should deny this. 

It's one thing to express concerns either about the justice or the efficacy of affirmative action admissions policies.

It's quite another thing to deny that black people have made and continue to make major contributions to our nation in spite of slavery, Jim Crow laws, and all sorts of other grave and systematic injustices. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Well, continue the good work and in another 57 years some more improvement can be expected... Question is  how many more billions must be spent and will self reliance and accountability become omnipotent and pervasive rather than sporadic ???? 

...not doing what I'm doing for validation from you nor to give a report on status in 57 years.   

do you hold the self reliance and accountability narrative for all welfare recipients and for those corporately bailed out?

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Don't be concerned about my words as Iam sure you got thye point. rather your own agenda,which at times appears that of one who does not always care when facts are presented.. Ps I used the word correctly and in the context of it being useful as in "resolve and commitmen" to self improve...

Haven't you done enough damage for one day, old man?

Why must you be in every single thread?

9 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Don't be concerned about my words as Iam sure you got thye point. rather your own agenda,which at times appears that of one who does not always care when facts are presented.. Ps I used the word correctly and in the context of it being useful as in "resolve and commitmen" to self improve...

omnipotent doesn't mean "resolve and commitment" it means all or unlimited power, as a deity characteristic.

but anyway, you know where I'm coming from. I'm looking forward to mentoring and tutoring more students tomorrow and helping them achieve the American dream. You can continue whatever it is you do...

cheers

• Like 1