Racist garbage

Nolebull813

On 7/8/2019 at 4:51 AM, Horsefly said:

That certain groups are not defined by color is not necessarily accurate.  As an example, what created some banking deserts and other negative lending characteristics was the result of redlining which was intentionally racially biased.  Subsequently, even though a lender tries to execute policies fairly, there’s a disparate impact to one group.  

actually it IS necessarily accurate....as defined by law.

You talking 'history' again? 

Not that it was never done... but even then... you have to find a businessman whose hatred for color overrides his greed for money...and they don't stay in business for very long usually...

37 minutes ago, Troll said:

actually it IS necessarily accurate....as defined by law.

You talking 'history' again? 

Not that it was never done... but even then... you have to find a businessman whose hatred for color overrides his greed for money...and they don't stay in business for very long usually...

Of course I’m talking history.  You can’t dismiss it and believe all is fair and balanced just because laws are passed. 

Again, what created the bank deserts and loan characteristics were racist laws to begin with.  That’s why I said that it has had a disparate impact on minorities in some cases.   

Redlining discriminated against poorer communities, restricted businesses from being established and subsequently made those residing in those areas a higher credit risk.  

The ECOA of 1974 addresses intentional bias and not unintentional regardless of the impact from past redlining practices.  

On 7/8/2019 at 7:38 AM, Horsefly said:

Of course I’m talking history.  You can’t dismiss it and believe all is fair and balanced just because laws are passed. 

Again, what created the bank deserts and loan characteristics were racist laws to begin with.  That’s why I said that it has had a disparate impact on minorities in some cases.   

Redlining discriminated against poorer communities, restricted businesses from being established and subsequently made those residing in those areas a higher credit risk.  

The ECOA of 1974 addresses intentional bias and not unintentional regardless of the impact from past redlining practices.  

YES the word POORER being key....note that it does not specifically say 'African American' or black or any other ''oppressed group''...

I certainly know what redlining is...and apparently you do not...

By the very definition of drawing the line on the MAP (or geographically) you have made color and other factors ENTIRELY irrelevant...

Yes that is what ACTUAL REDLINING does....it actually eliminates what you propose it promotes...but nice try

28 minutes ago, Troll said:

YES the word POORER being key....note that it does not specifically say 'African American' or black or any other ''oppressed group''...

I certainly know what redlining is...and apparently you do not...

By the very definition of drawing the line on the MAP (or geographically) you have made color and other factors ENTIRELY irrelevant...

Yes that is what ACTUAL REDLINING does....it actually eliminates what you propose it promotes...but nice try

Troll you are living up to your namesake....troll.  You really are clueless and aloof if you think redlining was just a policy on economics.   

Of course you have no answer as to why then the Fair housing act and equal credit opportunity act were created to protect against RACIAL discrimination if the basis of discrepancies was simply economic. Smh

Heres some reading 

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/526655831/a-forgotten-history-of-how-the-u-s-government-segregated-america

“...At the same time, the FHA was subsidizing builders who were mass-producing entire subdivisions for whites — with the requirement that none of the homes be sold to African-Americans.”

now, let’s see your credible reference material that shows redlining was a purely economic practice, with race as a non factor.  

I’ve got some errands to run, enjoy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, Horsefly said:

Troll you are living up to your namesake....troll.  You really are clueless and aloof if you think redlining was just a policy on economics. <<<  Starting with a personal attack??  My my, this must not be your day...

Of course you have no answer as to why then the Fair housing act and equal credit opportunity act were created to protect against RACIAL discrimination if the basis of discrepancies was simply economic. Smh<<< Answer to what? That some lobbies convinced some laws to be passed??? Good for them, nothing to answer for tho….

Heres some reading 

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/526655831/a-forgotten-history-of-how-the-u-s-government-segregated-america

<<<Now why would I want to read a suggestion from someone who apparently knows very little, and is misguided on the topic?? 

now, let’s see your credible reference material that shows redlining was a purely economic practice, with race as a non factor.  <<Redlining is a practice still used to this day and still very much legal in most business...It is a quick and easy way for businesses to choose not to do business in geographic areas....that some "oppressed group" managed to convince some court that they were negatively impacted has very little impact on the practice...see below>>> 

I’ve got some errands to run, enjoy...

Redlining is a decent topic.....want a modern day example?  How about Obamacare?  Do you have any clue how many insurance companies "redlined" my state? (NJ)….how many left yours? or did you gain companies, like the ones that left ours.....

Or how about all those grocery deserts...how does THAT happen?

Do you know ANYTHING about redlining AT ALL ???

...…other than of course your belief that it must be your color and not your cash that all these businesses are really after....

Starting to see how silly you sound yet???

18 minutes ago, Troll said:

Redlining is a decent topic.....want a modern day example?  How about Obamacare?  Do you have any clue how many insurance companies "redlined" my state? (NJ)….how many left yours? or did you gain companies, like the ones that left ours.....

Do you know ANYTHING about redlining AT ALL ???

...…other than of course your belief that it must be your color and not your cash that all these businesses are really after....

Starting to see how silly you sound yet???

Seriously get educated and stop babbling bullshit just to talk.  It is ILLEGAL to redline on the basis of race, the FHA of 1968 mandated that

Blacks were segregated to the inner city and not allowed to sprawl to suburban communities.  Blacks had a racial barrier to this market whereas whites were only restricted by economics 

For more education we can discuss on how blacks are still impacted by redlining decades ago.  Of course my observations will be sourced unlike what you provide.  

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 9:03 AM, Horsefly said:

Seriously get educated and stop babbling bullshit just to talk.  It is ILLEGAL to redline on the basis of race, the FHA of 1968 mandated that<<<Exactly why any current claim of yours in invalid....whether you view it as BS or not...

Blacks were segregated to the inner city and not allowed to sprawl to suburban communities. <<<Now there is some bullshit LOL Blacks had a racial barrier to this market whereas whites were only restricted by economics <<<doubling down on the BS?

Sometimes you just need to step away from all of your fears and the BS others want you to buy into...

and admit the truth...

If they could make money off of you they most definitely will...

and if you live in a town where there is a higher loss from theft, than the margin on groceries, then you probably are not going to have any stores there...

That's reality.

Take your pick...Racial BS (claiming impact proves intention and not just causation) or reality...

BTW: you get the BOZO prize for the bolded quote...you should frame that one 🤣

While a disparate impact on minorities can in cases be true...it in no way proves anything other than results and causation...you contriving a business intent (to impact some 'race' at the cost of losing money) and trying to inject it into the mix is where you fail miserably... 

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

Sometimes you just need to step away from all of your fears and the BS others want you to buy into...

and admit the truth...

If they could make money off of you they most definitely will...

and if you live in a town where there is a higher loss from theft, than the margin on groceries, then you probably are not going to have any stores there...

That's reality.

Take your pick...Racial BS (claiming impact proves intention and not just causation) or reality...

You clearly don’t know the definition of Disparate Impact, I’ve used it exclusively.  It is not based on biased intent. 

Get a better handle on the topic and definitions then we can discuss further. Thx 

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

BTW: you get the BOZO prize for the bolded quote...you should frame that one 🤣

While a disparate impact on minorities can in cases be true...it in no way proves anything other than results and causation...you contriving a business intent (to impact some 'race' at the cost of losing money) and trying to inject it into the mix is where you fail miserably... 

🤡. Don’t look now, but this was my only claim.  😂 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, Horsefly said:

You clearly don’t know the definition of Disparate Impact, I’ve used it exclusively.  It is not based on biased intent.

Now you are starting to learn....good job 👍

Now repeat what you just stated a few times...

Disparate Impact.  It is not based on biased intent

Ok now apply it to everything else you try to claim....

Then maybe you will start to get a better handle on things...👍

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Now you are starting to learn....good job 👍

Now repeat what you just stated a few times...

Ok now apply it to everything else you try to claim....

Then maybe you will start to get a better handle on things...👍

I’m the one that introduced the term in the argument with that definition!  Geez you’re a fool!  

On 7/8/2019 at 9:39 AM, Horsefly said:

🤡. Don’t look now, but this was my only claim.  😂 

Don't look now....but you forgot your "framed quote"...🤡

You can’t dismiss it and believe all is fair and balanced just because laws are passed. 

Again, what created the bank deserts and loan characteristics were racist laws to begin with.  

Wow...first personal attacks...

Now...just flat out lies about your own claims...

Looks like it's REALLY not your day today....

Just now, Troll said:

Don't look now....but you forgot your "framed quote"...

Wow...first personal attacks...

Now...just flat out lies about your own claims...

Looks like it's REALLY not your day today....

Yes you fool!! Racial redlining restricted businesses from going into black communities...that’s a fact!!   Care to argue the merits of that?  I’ve got plenty of articles to back it up!! 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:48 AM, Horsefly said:

Yes you fool!! Racial redlining restricted businesses from going into black communities...that’s a fact!!   Care to argue the merits of that?  I’ve got plenty of articles to back it up!! 

Actually it is a business's DECISION to redline by geography...

And there is no such thing as "racial redlining" by geography...

So who's the fool again?

giphy.gif

PS. If it's those articles that have you all twisted up and stupid...well...maybe you should toss them... 

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Actually it is a business's DECISION to redline by geography...

And there is no such thing as "racial redlining" by geography...

So who's the fool again?

giphy.gif

PS. If it's those articles that have you all twisted up and stupid...well...maybe you should toss them... 

In the 60s it wasn’t business, it was discriminatory. 

Once again for the intellectually slow, we are talking racial redlining.  

Im convinced you still don’t know what that was. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:55 AM, Horsefly said:

Troll you are really having a hard time understanding segregation and it’s impact.    It affected housing, education, business, public facilities, etc.  are you this naive on the subject? 

No...I'm the non-African American who is the classic example of being redlined against...due to neighborhood.

You are the one trying to claim that I have not been, because I don't share your color...

It's called reality...remember?

6 minutes ago, Troll said:

No...I'm the non-African American who is the classic example of being redlined against...due to neighborhood.

You are the one trying to claim that I have not been, because I don't share your color...

It's called reality...remember?

You weren’t RACIALLY redlined you NEVER were.  That’s the topic...remember? 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, Horsefly said:

In the 60s it wasn’t business,<<it most certainly was 🤣   it was discriminatory. <<no it was... what was your only claimed term again? oh that's right... Disparate impact yes.....which is certainly not the same as 'discriminatory'

Once again for the intellectually slow, we are talking racial redlining.  <<what an oxymoron 🤣 Still can't understand the concept that when you draw a line on a map you are eliminating EVERYTHING else...as in religion, race, etc. from the equation.

Im convinced you still don’t know what that was. <<it's a unicorn 👍 duh

giphy.gif

On 7/8/2019 at 10:05 AM, Horsefly said:

You weren’t racially redlined you NEVER were.  That’s the topic...remember? 

I have a home in a grocery desert...as grocery stores have redlined Paterson...

Yet according to you  that's racial redlining.

Looks like you are just 100% wrong yet again...

for the umpteenth time in this thread...

good job 👍

not your day today? 

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

giphy.gif

Disparate impact is what we see today from the discriminatory practices in the 60s.  So now your brilliance is claiming there was now housing discrimination based n the 60s it was all based on sound business decisions?  Ok, gotcha,  that’s a play straight out of the KKK handbook 😆 

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

I have a home in a grocery desert...as grocery stores have redlined Paterson...

Yet according to you  that's racial redlining.

Looks like you are just 100% wrong yet again...

for the umpteenth time in this thread...

good job 👍

not your day today? 

You weren’t restricted because you’re white!   It’s never your day, you fail again on understanding the basic argument 

racial redlining was outlawed in ‘68.  I already said that, however the impacts from those past policies still exist.  

What helped create the negative loan characteristics for an area was racial redlining which has resulted in disparate impact TODAY for certain groups 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 10:12 AM, Horsefly said:

Disparate impact is what we see today from the discriminatory practices in the 60s.  So now your brilliance is claiming there was now housing discrimination based n the 60s it was all based on sound business decisions?  Ok, gotcha,  that’s a play straight out of the KKK handbook 😆 

Business only runs on sound business decisions...

Those that don't, don't stay in business...

I'm sure you might find some example of some jackass somewhere discriminating,

but that in no way changes how real business works.

now your talking KKK ?... this REALLY must not be your day..