Shoutout to US Military

dan in daytona

This sub contained 17,000 lbs of cocaine with a street value of $232,000,000 and was stopped late last month off the Pacific coast of South America by the U.S.Coast Guard cutter "Munro.".... I grew up watching fake cowboys on TV jumping on supposed wild horses. That was play, play. This is the real thing. These young men are true hero's. Hat's off to all men/women in uniform...past and present. Peace. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

This sub contained 17,000 lbs of cocaine with a street value of $232,000,000 and was stopped late last month off the Pacific coast of South America.... I grew up watching fake cowboys on TV jumping on supposed wild horses. That was play, play. This is the real thing. These young men are true hero's. Hat's off to all men/women in uniform...past and present. Peace. 

That was bad ass seriously. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Thats awesome. I think it is funny when dumbasses say the Coast Guard isn't really  military. 

You can bet money when that soldier lifted the hatch he had cover from automatic weapons on both vessels ( Navy men have a thing about proper naming of boats or ships, I stand ignorant on which it is ).  Still that was crazy dangerous. Everybody can't do that.

3 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

You can bet money when that soldier lifted the hatch he had cover from automatic weapons on both vessels ( Navy men have a thing about proper naming of boats or ships, I stand ignorant on which it is ).  Still that was crazy dangerous. Everybody can't do that.

Hell the frick know they cant. I couldn't.  Frick I wdnt staight up. Going that fast on the water and jump on a moving sub. Frick that. 

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Hell the frick know they cant. I couldn't.  Frick I wdnt staight up. Going that fast on the water and jump on a moving sub. Frick that. 

Thats something you have to really train for... You wouldn't under normal circumstances, but after months of training I bet you would have in your 20's. Of course you better know how to swim.

32 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

That was bad ass seriously. 

I totally agree. Wasn't no trick pony show that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Thats something you have to really train for... You wouldn't under normal circumstances, but after months of training I bet you would have in your 20's. Of course you better know how to swim.

I totally agree. Wasn't no trick pony show that's for sure.

no man straight up I dont like the ocean enough for that shit. I can swim like a fish...in a frigging swimming pool.

• Haha 2

Swimming in Blue Water... 100's of feet deep. It's not the water that freaks me out so much as the sea life that lives below. 

I had a 12 foot tiger shark turn on me 200 yards of the beach. I was on a 6 foot piece of fiberglass and foam. Dude, I looked into it's eye as it passed me and then circled back. Every stroke I made I was sure I was going to get bit and dragged under. I promise you, adrenaline save my life. I caught a wave 30 feet away and not ready to break that no one under normal conditions could have caught.

Point of this post, Fuck yeah, the big has my respect.

• Like 3

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

I told you mine... tell me yours. 

I was learning how to surf in Kailua. Im paddling trying to catch a wave and out of the corner of my eye I see a fin. I frigging lost it started screaming for help swimming like I am Phelps back to shore. When I get to shore the locals are all laughing telling me "bro it was only a dolphin, yea". 

When your out there all fins look the same 

• Haha 2

On 7/11/2019 at 9:20 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Swimming in Blue Water... 100's of feet deep. It's not the water that freaks me out so much as the sea life that lives below. 

I had a 12 foot tiger shark turn on me 200 yards of the beach. I was on a 6 foot piece of fiberglass and foam. Dude, I looked into it's eye as it passed me and then circled back. Every stroke I made I was sure I was going to get bit and dragged under. I promise you, adrenaline save my life. I caught a wave 30 feet away and not ready to break that no one under normal conditions could have caught.

Point of this post, Fuck yeah, the big has my respect.

Yeah ….You caught the wave...but I'll bet you were prone the whole ride in...

Been there done that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2019 at 8:44 PM, thc6795 said:

Thats awesome. I think it is funny when dumbasses say the Coast Guard isn't really  military. 

I'll agree here, but just have to mention...

When I saw this video I was laughing because to me it was hilarious, and was thinking of a decent Knock Knock joke...🤣

Taking nothing away from these brave men, I actually was just comparing it to any REAL RESCUE where some conditions make this look like child's play......

Can't say which is actually more dangerous...(given a possibly armed opponent)...but jumping on a tub and playing knock knock didn't look half as bad, as what these same men do everyday

still a nice thread 👍

On 7/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, thc6795 said:

I was learning how to surf in Kailua. Im paddling trying to catch a wave and out of the corner of my eye I see a fin. I frigging lost it started screaming for help swimming like I am Phelps back to shore. When I get to shore the locals are all laughing telling me "bro it was only a dolphin, yea". 

When your out there all fins look the same 

You learn REAL quick what each fin looks like, and more importantly how it moves....

That being said the biggest scare of my life turned out to be a 1000 lb Sunfish  LOLOL

Usually they roll their fins and you can spot them a mile away, but while sitting outside this thing plows thru a set from the beach side and pops thru a couple feet from me, between me and the beach, coming straight at me.  

Was set to punch the nose tip and go for the eye gouge on the biggest freaking shark I've ever seen...….and then It's a sunfish 🤣   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Troll said:

You learn REAL quick what each fin looks like, and more importantly how it moves....

That being said the biggest scare of my life turned out to be a 1000 lb Sunfish  LOLOL

Usually they roll their fins and you can spot them a mile away, but while sitting outside this thing plows thru a set from the beach side and pops thru a couple feet from me, between me and the beach, coming straight at me.  

Was set to punch the nose tip and go for the eye gouge on the biggest freaking shark I've ever seen...….and then It's a sunfish 🤣   

Same with a manta ray. When they come close to shore and their wing tips come out of the water by a foot sometimes, and when that tip is about 3 feet from your leg, it sends a banger through your system. It's called zee "Freak Out" moment. Dolphin fins are curved and shark fins are more triangular. You learn after a few times. Troll gets Great White's, we get Tiger. Both are no play thing. Black tips are on the rise in Florida waters lately.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 10:28 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Same with a manta ray. When they come close to shore and their wing tips come out of the water by a foot sometimes. And when that tip is about 3 feet from your leg, it sends a banger through your system. It's called zee "Freak Out" moment. Dolphin fins are curved and shark fins are more triangular. You learn after a few times. Troll gets Great White's, we get Tiger. Both are no play thing. Black tips are on the rise in Florida waters lately.

Threshers and Hammerheads too.  In the surf here most often you see blue sharks and smaller dogfish, sand, etc. But any day anytime you never know what you get. Never minded the big mantas, a lot of times would paddle over them just to check them out, but I can't stand the smaller skates, If they come in, they will cover the bars and basically will rip your foot open if you step on them. 

If I were down there in Florida, I think I'd be leery of those bulls you got the most...

4 hours ago, thc6795 said:

no man straight up I dont like the ocean enough for that shit. I can swim like a fish...in a frigging swimming pool.

When deployed to Middle East we got Scuba trained by some Navy seals attached with us  there in the Red Sea . They were our buddies so they really fucked with us during training dives. Taking our regulators out and opening there’s up above and worse, below us creating enormous amount of bubbles. 

We had to swim every am before sunrise for hours and seen hundreds of sharks while in sea there when sun came out. Several training dives included getting dumped few miles out and getting back in to beach. Several other encounters during rec dives there, massive hammer heads, whale sharks, barracudas, huge groupers in caves. There’s hundreds of ship wrecks there so many sharks preying on fish and reefs. 

When stationed in Hawaii, only seen 1 shark while surfing and we would surf every day if not in field training. Massive Tiger shark came 10 feet from us. We swam a lot in Scouts for “training” in ocean there. Obviously seen many while diving there but that’s expected. Never a great white, which I’m not mad at. 

• Like 1