at what cost?

taojoe

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

If STA looks like pussies tackling robots and limiting physical tackling preseason and during the season, which may affect their W's and L's so be it.   Parents are in good hands.  

STA isn't perfect but it's gets all the things right that are related to their # 1 charge: keep their students as safe as possible and advance them in their education and life.

Meanwhile, we got bozos from New Jersey lamenting efforts to keep high school kids alive and well.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Do you hold every program responsible for players who have died? Just curious

I don't know of any other program that has had 9 players die in such a short time span. I would evaluate any others the same as I evaluate DBP.

And if they had as much of a toxic culture as DBP did, and that's obvious, then I'd judge them the same.

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I don't know of any other program that has had 9 players die in such a short time span. I would evaluate any others the same as I evaluate DBP.

And if they had as much of a toxic culture as DBP did, and that's obvious, then I'd judge them the same.

You cannot blame DBP for players dying in a car accident

A hawaii player just died. Should they be held accountable?

An ex arkansas player and NY Giant just died of heat related issues. Should those organizations be held accountable. 

Players at age 18 are legal adults making adult decisions. We have 18 year old playing Hs football. If they are using substances that are harmful to their bodies than that's on them as adults. 

Dbp is the most successful NJ program in the past 15 years. Toal is a winner and continues to be a winner

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Players at age 18 are legal adults making adult decisions. We have 18 year old playing Hs football. If they are using substances that are harmful to their bodies than that's on them as adults.

It's highly unlikely that these players only began taking drugs after they turned 18.

This is the kind of eyes-closing, head-turning behavior I'm talking about. A bunch of fake tough guys trying to ignore a potential problem within the program.

Just now, The Guru said:

But he's a loser in the important stuff.

You're nothing but a toady and an apologist.

I respect toal absolutely. He put NJ football on the map

He broke through and set up the OOS future of NJ football

He won at hackensack

He won at DBP

He won at BC 

All the guy does is win. When he booted from DBP many former and current players went to his house to support him. He is highly respected 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's highly unlikely that these players only began taking drugs after they turned 18.

This is the kind of eyes-closing, head-turning behavior I'm talking about. A bunch of fake tough guys trying to ignore a potential problem within the program.

That is true. As a recent hs grad i can assure you kids are doing drugs since before 18 marijuana is common but its the least of my worries since id consider it worse than alcohol. Pills are the bad ones out there killing kids.

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But they continued to. See as an adult you make choices good or bad and while making adult decision you live with adult consequences. And if you were doing anything as a minor with parent knowledge than yes I would agree that's an issue. 

Just now, Texasvic said:

That is true. As a recent hs grad i can assure you kids are doing drugs since before 18 marijuana is common but its the least of my worries. Pills are the bad ones out there killing kids.

Ok but as a parents as you are where does your part come in? Why are these parents letting kids do these things esp before the age of 18. After 18 it's their life I get it 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

All the guy does is win. When he booted from DBP many former and current players went to his house to support him. He is highly respected.

And a lot of his players have serious mental and physical issues upon graduating from his program.

The culture he instilled was toxic as anybody who has followed these forums can vouch for. You don't even have to listen to outside sources. Simply read what you and others have posted. Completely toxic to its core.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

And a lot of his players have serious mental and physical issues upon graduating from his program.

The culture he instilled was toxic as anybody who has followed these forums can vouch for. You don't even have to listen to outside sources. Simply read what you and others have posted. Completely toxic to its core.

Well now you dont have that culture that you dont like and DBP is now basically become irrelevant. Losing season galore

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But they continued to. See as an adult you make choices good or bad and while making adult decision you live with adult consequences.

You are apparently just as stupid about substance abuse as you are about anything else. When it becomes an addiction it's no longer a choice. It's an illness.

You start mixing toxic culture with HSBFan levels of stupidity and bad things start happening.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well now you dont have that culture that you dont like and DBP is now basically become irrelevant. Losing season galore

And they'll likely have less kids die agonizing deaths due to drugs and addiction issues.

But, hey, you'd trade 9 dead kids for a few wins, right?

Just now, The Guru said:

You are apparently just as stupid about substance abuse as you are about anything else. When it becomes an addiction it's no longer a choice. It's an illness.

You start mixing toxic culture with HSBFan levels of stupidity and bad things start happening.

I know all about addiction. I've buried family and friends to it. So dont come preaching to me about the subject of addiction. 

Just now, The Guru said:

And they'll likely have less kids die agonizing deaths due to drugs and addiction issues.

But, hey, you'd trade 9 dead kids for a few wins, right?

You know whose capitalizing on the downfall of bosco programs like Bergen and Joe's. So as bosco goes backwards expect better football from the other 2 programs 

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Two of the deaths were a result of car accident and the rest happenened after they left Bosco....A few, several years....

The eyes-closing and head-turning continues.

Embarrassing.

As if they got severe concussions and became addicted to painkillers immediately after attending Bosco and not at all during their time there.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

You are scumbag.....Toal had nothing to do with this....Sad, yes,very.....Two of the deaths were a result of car accident and the rest happenened after they left Bosco....A few, several years....No, just a sad,sad event that only you would use in this forum to castigate...Toal was devestated by their loss.....Hopefully, you will get what's coming to you as an arrogant, opinionated, condescending .......POS, of the highest order.........Your the only one on this board that I have real disdain for.....

Are you surprised?

Los has no regard for anything or anyone who isn't with STA

Los probably hopes for players on teams they play to be injured so they can have a easier road to winning

• Like 2