at what cost?

taojoe

26 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Like I said, "your a SCUMBAG"......of the highest order....Do you understand me, your a scumbag who denigrates and disparages anything ......You will get yours one day...

I guarantee you he already is... I was lucky enough to obtain this picture of Los while he was browsing PrepGridiron...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Hey LOS!!!!   REMEMBER THIS?

20-10

24-7

Hotel trashed because the #1 team in the country got punched square in the mouth!

3 bad apples that were suspended the next game vs Miramar I believe.  

Seemed to be a USchool transfer click that season early.  Had Cogdell stayed at Miramar in ‘14, they would have made it 4 in a row vs STA.  One OT game they were screwed on a 4th down call, but you aren’t getting that in Miramar.  There were several angles showing the rb’s knee down before crossing the line on 4th and goal in OT.  

Flashback to the week after the DBP loss, STA beat Miramar sort of the way Cooper City beat STA in 2011.  QB Rizzo was ruled out for Miramar (concussion symptoms maybe, precautionary... not sure vs DBP) and the backup Blake Dever I don’t think attempted 5 passes the entire game and I’m not sure there was even a single completion?   They had no business winning that game at Miramar, but the D and special teams for a change was to STA’s advantage.   That was one of the strangest games I’ve seen STA play.   They should have been 1-2 to start 2014 if that was game 3.  

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

3 bad apples that were suspended the next game vs Miramar I believe. 

And it wasn't even a trashed room. It was like a broken phone jack and a broken lamp shade.

But, hey, what's 9 dead former players when a hotel room was left in slight disrepair, right?

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And it wasn't even a trashed room. It was like a broken phone jack and a broken lamp shade.

But, hey, what's 9 dead former players when a hotel room was left in slight disrepair, right?

They didn’t travel in 2015 as a result of that incident? ... sort of a behave and earn it again theme from Smith and/or admin or just scheduling turned out that way?   

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

They didn’t travel in 2015 as a result of that incident? ... sort of a behave and earn it again theme from Smith and/or admin or just scheduling turned out that way?   

Initially, yes, but when Roger came aboard the restriction was lifted. It was too late by then. That was another 9-game schedule because of Boca Raton dropping out.

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

He didn't go to the hotel, how would he know a damn thing about how it looked when they left??

All speculation and assumptions, he can't back up a damn thing he saying

On 7/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm gonna say something... read carefully, it ain't hard to figure out...

Are you with me?

These high profile HS programs(& coaches) and these driven families are a big part of the problem.

These players are landing at the college level with overuse injuries.

The players that are drafted or make a team are injured and have incorrect bio-mechanics which leads to collateral injuries.

It is magnified in basketball due to the sports demands on the body.

So there, is part of the issue.

Regards,

BGW

The Factor... everyone sweeps under the carpet and no one wants to talk about.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, HSFBfan said:

Ok but as a parents as you are where does your part come in? Why are these parents letting kids do these things esp before the age of 18. After 18 it's their life I get it 

Lol  im not even gonna bother to reply at your ignorant comment. Its not the parents fault.

At Marietta we have the Wet Bulb Globe thing that measures everything and let’s the staff know what they have to do to ensure the safest environment possible for heat. 

We have many trainers and support staff keeping kids hydrated and as cool as possible. We also have a few cooling tubs at the ready, just in case a bad situation arises. 

Not sure if the staff can do more to keep kids safe from a heat/dehydration standpoint. I know some practices for the rising 7th graders (my Sons group) we will stop four times an hour to hydrate.