Word is Marietta looks much improved

ECHS05

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

The word on the skreet is, Marietta looks like a much improved team over last season.

They also added another WR to their already loaded offense, 3* Michigan St. commit Ricky White ... https://247sports.com/Player/Ricky-White-46080062/

Marietta vs. St. Joes Prep PA is looking like a legit Top 25 matchup.

were not you one of the rocket scientists that was arguing with me when I supported their inclusion in the national top 25?

Good that you opened your eye, little fella. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's all over for us. We gonna have to go back to the local vent to talk about Colquitt. 

The gurus here there and yonder have Marietta taking the silver cup at Georgia State Stadium in December. 

And add to that....Todd Holcomb doesn't think Marietta is beatable.  Not even by Lowndes !!!!!

I reckon we just win them that we can...and stockpile hybrid grits.....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

I don’t know whose street this word is on, but they’d be misinformed. 

The lines are bigger, stronger and a little quicker, but whether or not that will turn into better production remains to be seen. Some significant gains in the weight room. 

The offensive skill players are solid and should make some noise if they can stay healthy. Deep at WR.

The LBs and DBs appears to be moving well and reacting well to the ball. I’ll know more after our Tucker scrimmage next week, though I have to be honest and tell you I’m not sure what Tucker brings to the table. 

Out depth will will be better this year, as we had quite a few Freshmen play significant minutes last year. One rising Sophomore CB committed to auburn last week.

Almost here boys. Keep em healthy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

The lines are bigger, stronger and a little quicker, but whether or not that will turn into better production remains to be seen. Some significant gains in the weight room. 

The offensive skill players are solid and should make some noise if they can stay healthy. Deep at WR.

The LBs and DBs appears to be moving well and reacting well to the ball. I’ll know more after our Tucker scrimmage next week, though I have to be honest and tell you I’m not sure what Tucker brings to the table. 

Out depth will will be better this year, as we had quite a few Freshmen play significant minutes last year. One rising Sophomore CB committed to auburn last week.

Larry....don't forget the HC and his staff.  All the pundits say they're the BEST in Georgia !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

This post makes no sense.

You start off saying they definitely arent better.

Then go on & tell us all the ways they are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

And add to that....Todd Holcomb doesn't think Marietta is beatable.  Not even by Lowndes !!!!!

I reckon we just win them that we can...and stockpile hybrid grits.....

Rufus>>

Sir, we’re just happy that a nationally known programs fan base would even think about a school that finished below .500 last year.  I’m not sure why y’all are thinking about us, but we appreciate it.

Usually when folks think about football in Cobb county they think of walton with their deep pockets and mceachern with their deeper pockets and deeper talent pool in jawja. Then a coach known for getting kids into colleges came to Marietta and got folks interested. 

Hopefully we can just stay healthy and get and get to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Sir, we’re just happy that a nationally known programs fan base would even think about a school that finished below .500 last year.  I’m not sure why y’all are thinking about us, but we appreciate it.

Usually when folks think about football in Cobb county they think of walton with their deep pockets and mceachern with their deeper pockets and deeper talent pool in jawja. Then a coach known for getting kids into colleges came to Marietta and got folks interested. 

Obviously...we only pick at Marietta cause we love y'all.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Obviously...we only pick at Marietta cause we love y'all.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

We love you more! 

It’s the little hick school in ps we aren’t so fond of. Worried about them more now that they have a different coach. OM folks, while knowing Marietta wasn’t a title contender, could take solace in knowing the injuns weren’t gonna win one either, regardless of their “homegrown” talent and all. 

Now we’re not so sure.......

(Xoxo) 

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

We thinking of y'all becaise the pundits say you are the school we should be chasing this season. 

Hell, a legit top 25 is the way I read the OP. 

We down here should be ecstatic that we could even be allowed to post @ you considering how great your team is and all. 

xD

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

We love you more! 

It’s the little hick school in ps we aren’t so fond of. Worried about them more now that they have a different coach. OM folks, while knowing Marietta wasn’t a title contender, could take solace in knowing the injuns weren’t gonna win one either, regardless of their “homegrown” talent and all. 

Now we’re not so sure.......

(Xoxo) 

Now for total disclosure...we don't love y'all as much as we love Lowndes.

But...it's close.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We thinking of y'all becaise the pundits say you are the school we should be chasing this season. 

We down here should be ecstatic that we could even be allowed to post @ you considering how great your team is and all. 

xD

You’ll always have a place to post here Brother.......the guy who runs the place told me so! 

😂 

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Larry....don't forget the HC and his staff.  All the pundits say they're the BEST in Georgia !!!!!

Rufus>>

Well.......I WAS approached last night about helping out the MS team last night. If you’re counting ME as part of the staff, the answer is definitive.......

HELL NO!

And like with my Cosa Nostra brethren, every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.......

49 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

You Colquitt fans get salty when any other team in GA gets any attention at all.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Masked in jokes and stuff. 

It is a hoot. But cc is the team to beat as they didn’t lose anywhere near as much as milton. 

Wtong answer. 

Most of the polls say something different. 

Thus the saltiness. 

We watch the polls be stupid every year. We let them have it both ways. They get to start with whatever they want to start with, then let them get away with it later as their originals fall by the wayside. Some of them even end up with losing records. We sit around and watch folks validate the polls when we know they're starting out on stupid because of some OOS matchups they're trying to stroke teams for rather than applying actual sense to the logic. 

When their "ones" fall to others inside their own state, they just play it smooth. "Oh it was just a preseason poll. We can't get them all right." 

No. No. No. You're being dumb and reverting to the same bullshit reasoning that was wrong last year and the year before and the year before... 

I ain't mad at Marietta. They deserve some accolades for having a talented team. Maybe even the most talented team in the state. Putting them ahead of others at this point is just dumb. Haha.

It's all good though. Once they lose a game in state, the polls will be all forgiven when they move someone else up ahead, and their pundits will still be the smartest dudes on the planet.