Can anyone beat Clemson in the regular season?

ChimpGrip

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

They must retool their defense a bit (mainly the defensive line) but their offense is loaded. 

Besides Texas A&M, can anyone really challenge Clemson in the regular season?

Hoping Bama gets Round 5 with them and returns the favor with a beatdown in the championship. 

Syracuse 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

This is possible

Syracuse beat clemson 2 years ago in the dome

They gave clemson a hell of a game last year and were in the lead in the 4th quarter

Now they have a qb with a better arm in tommy devito. I believe they have solid athletes on offense.

I'd have to look more into their defense but if they can just take out TL like they did to the qb 2 years ago they got the game in the bag. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Syracuse beat clemson 2 years ago in the dome

They gave clemson a hell of a game last year and were in the lead in the 4th quarter

Now they have a qb with a better arm in tommy devito. I believe they have solid athletes on offense.

I'd have to look more into their defense but if they can just take out TL like they did to the qb 2 years ago they got the game in the bag. 

True. The hard part will be neutralizing TL since he can basically do anything. 

As Bama fans, do we want Clemson to lose a game? 

Just now, 954gator said:

I was looking at their schedule earlier in the year and honestly Texas AM is really the only one I see on Paper that can match up with them.   That being said Clemson tends to have an off game vs one in conference opponent that has no business playing with them.   

U dont think syracuse can keep up with them in the dome?

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Saunders the highly touted freshman Rb from IMG. Broke his foot out for season. 

According to phil steele who is usually very much on the money has alabama experience rank #86

No way....

No fucking way

I was looking forward to seeing Sanders. Wow. That is very disappointing. 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

No way....

No fucking way

I was looking forward to seeing Sanders. Wow. That is very disappointing. 

Extremely disappointing 

So now Rbs are harris robinson and I dont remember the other kids name. 

Saban was very impressed with saunders this spring and summer as well

7 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Saunders the highly touted freshman Rb from IMG. Broke his foot out for season. 

According to phil steele who is usually very much on the money has alabama experience rank #86

Its Sanders*

Bama has Tua, Najee Harris, Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, & Waddle on offense... They'll be fine. The OL wont be as good as last year though.

As far as the D... Raekwon Davis, Dylan Moses, Diggs, McKinney, Mayden, Surtain II, Shyheim Carter.... I mean the talents there.

Id like for Georgia to get a crack at Clemson this year. Georgias style is better to beat Clemson, Clemsons is better to beat Alabama & Alabamas is better to beat Georgia.

If Clemson gets by TAMU... Theyll beat everyone else by 3+ TDs.

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Its Sanders*

Bama has Tua, Najee Harris, Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, & Waddle on offense... They'll be fine. The OL wont be as good as last year though.

As far as the D... Raekwon Davis, Dylan Moses, Diggs, McKinney, Mayden, Surtain II, Shyheim Carter.... I mean the talents there.

Id like for Georgia to get a crack at Clemson this year. Georgias style is better to beat Clemson, Clemsons is better to beat Alabama & Alabamas is better to beat Georgia.

If Clemson gets by TAMU... Theyll beat everyone else by 3+ TDs.

Sorry I put the extra u in there

Yes they have talent but they have taken a hit on the depth chart on both defense and offense. 

Dont be surprised if syracuse keeps it closer than that

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Clemson by 14+. Their biggest test should be Syracuse a week later on the road

Syracuse more of a test than TAMU? Yeah, no.

If thats the case Clemson will roll everyone. Clemson lost that entire defensive line. No more gettin tons of pressure with a 4 man front... Itll impact their entire D. They wont be as good this year but still way better than everyone on their schedule... Except TAMU, IMO atleast.

I dont even understand how Clemson is as good as they are. Other than the fact theyve had some great QBs.... And one thing they have over other top teams is staff continuity. They kept pretty much their entire staff intact again. Georgia, Ohio St., Alabama all changed both OC & DC this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Syracuse more of a test than TAMU? Yeah, no.

Yes, more of a test because of the way the schedule is set up. If they played Syracuse at home then A&M the following week on the road,  A&M would be the tougher game

If thats the case Clemson will roll everyone. Clemson lost that entire defensive line. No more gettin tons of pressure with a 4 man front... Itll impact their entire D. They wont be as good this year but still way better than everyone on their schedule... Except TAMU, IMO atleast.

Clemson will be just fine on defense at home against A&M who has a mediocre QB. Syracuse the week after will be a much much tougher test. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:10 PM, ChimpGrip said:

They must retool their defense a bit (mainly the defensive line) but their offense is loaded. 

Besides Texas A&M, can anyone really challenge Clemson in the regular season?

Hoping Bama gets Round 5 with them and returns the favor with a beatdown in the championship. 

You did not post their schedule. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, 954gator said:

I was looking at their schedule earlier in the year and honestly Texas AM is really the only one I see on Paper that can match up with them.   That being said Clemson tends to have an off game vs one in conference opponent that has no business playing with them.   

The only way Clemson losses is if they take a day off. The acc is down so it's not likely. A&M they will respect so they will bring their A game.