Colquitt County, A Saturday Morning Armchair Coach's Review 8/17/19

HawgGoneIt

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're forgetting that seven of Columbia's best players didn't dress. So I read.

We read that as well. Apparently they needed time to heal before the season opener. 

I'd say that speaks to depth. If those guys being out caused Columbia to not be a top 100 squad last night, they may have depth issues. 

I think Colquitt did just enough to win the day. Nothing more and nothing less. I think they would have done just enough to win the day even with the whole team that was missing back on the field. If all those guys were in, Edwards would have taken more carries. Jaycee would have thrown more. Etc. 

7 guys is a lot. 4 more and you have a team. 

The rule is you play with what you have and you are apparently supposedly ranked accordingly. 

It was a scrimmage. I gave what I thought about what I saw. Everything outside of that is just noise in my opinion. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Let me say....Rab was not happy with Colquitt's scrimmage last night.  Coach Rogers is on thin ice.  

Rufus>>

I would have liked to have seen Roger's tempo offense some. We never really saw it. That offense that we saw at Troy. That one gases the defense and opens a lot of doors for plays and rythm of calling them. 

If we were running the same tempo we did at Troy, the play by play would have been impossible via mobile phone. I can type pretty fast, but I'm no Tommy Two Thumbs Thompson! Hahaha

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would have liked to have seen Roger's tempo offense some. We never really saw it. That offense that we saw at Troy. That one gases the defense and opens a lot of doors for plays and rythm of calling them. 

If we were running the same tempo we did at Troy, the play by play would have been impossible via mobile phone. I can type pretty fast, but I'm no Tommy Two Thumbs Thompson! Hahaha

I don’t see how you can call a team a top 100 team this year when the last time they won a state championship was when @HawgGoneIt was still shitting in his Pampers 

if not way way longer than that

• Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. B.

I think it was held to a B somewhat intentionally by the coaches though. 

Outside of some miscues by the O-line, a couple of overthrows by the QB and the vanilla offense calling, it could just as easily been an A. 

Just being honest with my take away vs. a top 100 squad. 

I don't think posting a B against a top 100 squad is bad at all. 

Hawg....Honestly.😁

BGW

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Our friend GaWebDev jas posted a short ground level highlight video of the scrimmage game. I figure this thread is as good a place as any to post it. 

I definitely like your coach, he seems like a good guy and hope he does well at Colquitt, very respectful and it was a honor to play Colquitt

Plus i like he views Columbia as a team worthy of respect, and unlike the internet troll Los boy who knows nothing about football, your coach knows his stuff

• Like 2