Swamp Rat Vs Texas Longhorns The official Thread

imaGoodBoyNow

1 minute ago, westbankeagle said:

Texas is going to be tough to beat in TS next year, especially with a new QB. Brennan is a more typical game manager type LSU QB and that may hurt us next year when we need to put up 400 passing yards. On the flip side, UT has to travel and their fans will be few and far between in the stadium just like they did us this year so the team will have to contend with the noise of 100k people yelling during their pre-snap.

How do you figure Texas will be harder to beat. Im thinking they take a step back.

They lose all 3 starting WRs (Johnson, Duvernay, Burt), Ehlinger is a JR and Im not sure what the chatter has been but I assume he goes Pro? 

It looks like the D is pretty young though actually & theyll only lose 3 starters. A large majority of their defense are sophomores.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Bijan Robinson looks like the best RB in the class.

No one really knows who the best rb in the class is.  There are two running backs in Cincinnati coming out this year that are rated 3 stars.  I've seen them both in person against real comp and if they are 3 stars, my aunt is really my uncle.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

No one really knows who the best rb in the class is.  There are two running backs in Cincinnati coming out this year that are rated 3 stars.  I've seen them both in person against real comp and if they are 3 stars, my aunt is really my uncle.

No, no one REALLY knows. But Zach Evans & Bijan appear to be the best 2. 

This 2020 RB class is pretty deep. 

Apparently Zach Evans is having some discipline issues though. He had to sit out North Shores game on Thursday.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

No, no one REALLY knows. But Zach Evans & Bijan appear to be the best 2. 

This 2020 RB class is pretty deep. 

Zack Evans is a top 2 running back like James Wilder was a 5 star running back.  I watched Maurice Clarrett get 46 yards on 26 carries and still he wanted the ball another 20 times.  Evans aint going to make it.

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Zack Evans is a top 2 running back like James Wilder was a 5 star running back.  I watched Maurice Clarrett get 46 yards on 26 carries and still he wanted the ball another 20 times.  Evans aint going to make it.

How many games have you watched him played besides vs Katy a week ago.

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

How do you figure Texas will be harder to beat. Im thinking they take a step back.

They lose all 3 starting WRs (Johnson, Duvernay, Burt), Ehlinger is a JR and Im not sure what the chatter has been but I assume he goes Pro? 

It looks like the D is pretty young though actually & theyll only lose 3 starters. A large majority of their defense are sophomores.

They get another year under a new head coach. I'm sure they will have more than one true RB on the squad by this time next year and with the gaping holes downfield, Ehlinger will easily be able to spread the ball around even if they lose several WRs.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They will be better next year.  Year 4 under Herman.  Several healthy running backs.

They will have to replace 3 on the offensive line, but the depth they are building, that shouldn’t be a problem.

Losing Colin Johnson and Duvernay will hurt the most.  Burt is a track guy, that has not produced at all in his time in Austin.  The young receivers they have (Eagles, Epps, Jake Smith, and Jordan Whittington is actually a WR) will be good players.  

IMO, and I’m a Longhorn fan, Ehlinger is not a pro QB.  He’s a helluva college football player, but he’s got the same limitations as Tebow.  And he will graduate and play all 4 years.  

Defensively is where they will be best though.  I think next year, the shoe will be on the other foot, regarding this matchup.