Swamp Rat Vs Texas Longhorns The official Thread

imaGoodBoyNow

Great game.  LSU has the best team they’ve had in a decade.  They finally have an offense and a QB that can win it all.

Texas is still growing and getting better.  They aren’t good enough right now on the defensive line to win it all.  They have to blitz entirely too much, and get their safeties way too involved in the run game and pressuring the QB and it leaves the young corners exposed.  

They roles will be reversed next year in Baton Rouge.  Texas is still a year away.

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

ESPN quote " Burrow completed 31 of 39 passes for 471 yards, a whopping 12 yards per pass, with four touchdowns."

Somebody from here, quote "Burrow sucks"

Just putting it out there boys, I didn't agree with it last year and still don't...

I think @ECHS05 posted the suck comment... maybe not.

BGW

😂

Wouldn’t surprise me if he did.  Only sucking going on, is ECH05 sucking LSU in this thread.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If Mack Brown was coaching Texas wins hands down

Texas has the right coach in place.  Texas has made tremendous strides in 2 years under Herman.  He’s changed the culture, and made the kids much tougher and accountable.

They still have work to do, and losing to that LSU team is not an indictment on Herman or his staff.  The last few years under Macon Brown, and 3 years under Charlie Strong that woulda been a 30 point loss.

Just now, FloTex said:

Texas has the right coach in place.  Texas has made tremendous strides in 2 years under Herman.  He’s changed the culture, and made the kids much tougher and accountable.

They still have work to do, and losing to that LSU team is not an indictment on Herman or his staff.  The last few years under Macon Brown, and 3 years under Charlie Strong that woulda been a 30 point loss.

I know how bad it was  when Mack left, but possibly losing those games weren’t his fault., shit he’s doing Big things at North Carolina 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

ESPN quote " Burrow completed 31 of 39 passes for 471 yards, a whopping 12 yards per pass, with four touchdowns."

Somebody from here, quote "Burrow sucks"

Just putting it out there boys, I didn't agree with it last year and still don't...

I think @ECHS05 posted the suck comment... maybe not.

BGW

Son, I've been higher on LSU than anyone this year & made that pretty clear pregame. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I know how bad it was  when Mack left, but possibly losing those games weren’t his fault., shit he’s doing Big things at North Carolina 

What the culture changed into, the ridiculous sense of entitlement kids had was Mack’s fault.  He’s a great coach, and by all accounts a great person, but it was time for him to go.  I’m glad to see him having success at his reunion with NC.

Same with Les Miles, IMO..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloTex said:

What the culture changed into, the ridiculous sense of entitlement kids had was Mack’s fault.  He’s a great coach, and by all accounts a great person, but it was time for him to go.  I’m glad to see him having success at his reunion with NC.

Same with Les Miles, IMO..

I just don’t get with current coaching staff how do you not have Multiple 5 🌟 and 4 star ️ running backs on that roster 

shocked how their #2 and #3 running backs is your 3rd string QB and True freshman linebacker 

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I just don’t get with current coaching staff how do you not have Multiple 5 🌟 and 4 star ️ running backs on that roster 

shocked how their #2 and #3 running backs is your 3rd string QB and True freshman linebacker 

They got hurt.  I believe they have 3 in total injured.  Jordan Whittington is a stud.  4**** recruit out of Cuero. He’ll be back later in the season 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What HorseFly said below.

Jordan Whittington is a stud.  The rest of the RB depth, not so much. 

They do have a 5* from Arizona committed.  I just hope he signs.

Roshon Johnson impressed me as much as anyone. To be 3rd strong QB, then step up, and play a position he don’t play, and make the impact he did...  that’s was great.  Loved his intensity and fire.

You have a team of young men like him, watch out!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rockinl said:

LSU D was looking a little gassed the 2nd half.

Both defenses did.  91 degrees at 8:00...  

I thought Herman made great adjustments offensively.  Texas just don’t have the horses up front defensively yet..  they can’t generate any pressure with their D Line, and the LBers aren’t what you need currently in a championship defense.  They put entirely too much stress on a young, but talented secondary.

4 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Both defenses did.  91 degrees at 8:00...  

I thought Herman made great adjustments offensively.  Texas just don’t have the horses up front defensively yet..  they can’t generate any pressure with their D Line, and the LBers aren’t what you need currently in a championship defense.  They put entirely too much stress on a young, but talented secondary.

I disagree about the Texas d line.  Joe Burrow was getting rid of the ball quickly.  He was throwing dimes under heat.  Honestly imo Texas won the lines because their pass protection was very good.  Texas adjust ment was to go to the slot more in the second half because the outside receivers were getting completely shut down.

Texas is going to be tough to beat in TS next year, especially with a new QB. Brennan is a more typical game manager type LSU QB and that may hurt us next year when we need to put up 400 passing yards. On the flip side, UT has to travel and their fans will be few and far between in the stadium just like they did us this year so the team will have to contend with the noise of 100k people yelling during their pre-snap.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FloTex said:

What HorseFly said below.

Jordan Whittington is a stud.  The rest of the RB depth, not so much. 

They do have a 5* from Arizona committed.  I just hope he signs.

Roshon Johnson impressed me as much as anyone. To be 3rd strong QB, then step up, and play a position he don’t play, and make the impact he did...  that’s was great.  Loved his intensity and fire.

You have a team of young men like him, watch out!!

Bijan Robinson looks like the best RB in the class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

Happy to see an Ohio boy doing well down in the bayou. He was an impressive player in high school. Didn't work out with the hometown Buckeyes, but he was a fan favorite and most are happy to see him succeeding down there. 

I think some people might forget or never knew (most likely) that Joe Burrow wasn't exactly chopped liver coming out of high school...

4* and #8 rated Dual-threat.....in the recruiting world.

https://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Burrow-36575/high-school-60304/

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

I disagree about the Texas d line.  Joe Burrow was getting rid of the ball quickly.  He was throwing dimes under heat.  Honestly imo Texas won the lines because their pass protection was very good.  Texas adjust ment was to go to the slot more in the second half because the outside receivers were getting completely shut down.

Texas O-Line impressed me.  Very rarely does Texas get a pass rush with their D-Line.  That’s why Orlando has these exotic blitz packages.  Texas plays a lot of dime and Orlando brings the safties to pressure the QB.  Lots of 1-on-1’s and loose coverages with a young secondary.

Burrow is the best QB LSU has had in a long time.  They are a legit threat because of him.  And Orgeron hiring the new passing game coordinator from the NOLA Saints turned out to be a genius hire.

• Like 1