SJB - 31 v Good Counsel - 8 F

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Game One of the Trinity League vs The USA down. Milton vs JS next!!! 

I’m actually very surprised the score was this close. GC’s defense is good, but that offense is anemic and I would have had Bosco O being on the field all game, against a tired GC defense. And today was also very hot. 

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

I’m actually very surprised the score was this close. GC’s defense is good, but that offense is anemic and I would have had Bosco O being on the field all game, against a tired GC defense. And today was also very hot. 

SJB offense looked a bit off tonight, though the GC defense was good. SJB had too many dropped passes and penalties which kept the score close-ish.

46 minutes ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Their offense really was not that bad.  Just watch how well they do against normal teams.  They have a good line and RB.  The QB is pretty good.  They just are lacking WR.  Their scheme is good and will work against most HS teams

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

SJB offense looked a bit off tonight, though the GC defense was good. SJB had too many dropped passes and penalties which kept the score close-ish.

More of a reflection of the GC defense rather than SJB being off.  The up temp and Oline punished the GC front 7 in the 2nd half.

I will say that the SJB d-line was getting gassed themselves in the 3rd qtr

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Their offense really was not that bad.  Just watch how well they do against normal teams.  They have a good line and RB.  The QB is pretty good.  They just are lacking WR.  Their scheme is good and will work against most HS teams

I like Andy as a coach, good dude but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. I hate their offensive scheme. Unless he pulled some tricks out of a hat today, as I didn’t see the game, their scheme is youth league-ish. 

Also, I think I read something on here that they switched QB’s, I hope that is the QB you’re speaking of. Because the starter Campbell, has not shown that he’s any good either. He’s been everywhere. Started at Gilman, then DeMatha, then Gilman again last summer, only to go back to DM, now GC. Never has seem to be able to find a home. 

4 hours ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

I like Andy as a coach, good dude but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. I hate their offensive scheme. Unless he pulled some tricks out of a hat today, as I didn’t see the game, their scheme is youth league-ish. 

Also, I think I read something on here that they switched QB’s, I hope that is the QB you’re speaking of. Because the starter Campbell, has not shown that he’s any good either. He’s been everywhere. Started at Gilman, then DeMatha, then Gilman again last summer, only to go back to DM, now GC. Never has seem to be able to find a home. 

Have to disagree as well.  Not sure why they just don't go with the sophomore QB (Williams) who was their starter towards the end of last year.  He is more suited to Andy's offense and did well against the other WCAC teams as a freshman.