(#434) OakRidge - 33 vs. Folsom - 28 (4th) Just sayin

Sammyswordsman

Folsom has become a bit desperate. #4 Daniyel Ngata suited up but didn't play the 1st half with a leg/hip injury. But with the team down 20-14 at half, I guess he was really well enough to play. He's looked good considering, but Folsom is still in trouble.

Oak Ridge's QB Lamson is legit. The kid can play and is extending plays all over the field.

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

Is Oakridge a public school? Lol

Most the schools in the Sac-Joaquin Section in the Valley are. The Sac area really only has 1 large school private, which is Jesuit.

St. Mary'-Stockton is the next closest large private but it's 60 miles away. All the other privates in the area are lower division schools, such as Capital Christian.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

For all the lazy polls that ranked Folsom #50 then I am looking forward to seeing Oakridge in the Top 40 next week.  

I pretty much called this on the NorCal board. I didn't know Ngata wasn't going to start the game, but I said there was a good possibility of a DLS hangover effect and if Ngata wasn't 100% the game would be close and even ripe for an upset.

You never know how these things will transpire, but it has developed into a tight game at the very least. But Ngata is has been inserted into the game and is making a big impact.

3 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I pretty much called this on the NorCal board. I didn't know Ngata wasn't going to start the game, but I said there was a good possibility of a DLS hangover effect and if Ngata wasn't 100% the game would be close and even ripe for an upset.

You never know how these things will transpire, but it has developed into a tight game at the very least. But Ngata is has been inserted into the game and is making a big impact.

How it turns out isn't relevant at this point from a National perspective.

But it could have ramification on the SBG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I gotta give you credit for facing the music on the boards tonight.  A lesser man would have ghosted us.

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Oakridge is ranked #42 in the State.

For reference, Servite running clocked  (#40) 45-9 tonight

In fairness, the above means nothing. #40 might not be as good as they were supposed to be and #42 might be better.

Regardless, it's clearly obvious this Folsom team isn't as good as last season and possibly not even as good as 2018 -- because of their defense. And probably changing their entire coaching staff.