(#434) OakRidge - 33 vs. Folsom - 28 (4th) Just sayin

Sammyswordsman

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They beat this team 62-6 last season...

Yep. But Lamson was a SOPH and was on the bench in favor of a different QB -- which many OR fans didn't quite understand because he looked to be the better QB.

OR also blew a chance in 2016 on a failed 2 pt conversion to win the game outright. Lost by 2 TD's in 2017.

Now add this last second loss to the ledger.

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom squeeks out a victory against a good Oak Ridge team. OR is top 5 in NorCal IMO.  

Folsom on the other hand is going to have a tough time winning the bowl this year. They’re definitely down from the past couple years. Playoffs will be very interesting. 

Translation:

Oakridge is somewhere between 20-30 in CA.

• Haha 1

OR had their chances at the end. On 3rd down they drew a clear PI penalty in the end zone but in true HS football fashion it didn't result in a 1st down.

On the next play an outside rusher came free from the right side -- completely untouched -- and blindsided OR's QB Lamson who somehow held on to the ball. That forced the FG attempt on 4th down from Folsom's 17 1/2 yard line. Ball was spotted for the kicker at the 22, almost centered and slightly toward the right hash mark.

Couldn't tell exactly from a side angle, but it looked like he hooked it.

It's clear to me that Folsom's defense is quite vulnerable and not what it was last season, but I got to give them credit for stepping up when the game was on the line. The blindside sack was huge because I think a receiver was about to uncover.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

So, will Folsom hang on to that coveted California #5 rating or will Palm Desert get the CalPreps Out of State boost and move Folsom to #6? Only the CalPreps computer knows for sure.😀

Calpreps won't dare move the devil down.  Their mom's are very vocal.  Just ask Pete Saco

• Haha 2

Just now, Pops said:

Damage?

this is terrific news 

now when Folsom goes down and beats whoever the 3rd beat team in socal we’ll know that oak ridge is on that level 

That's what I stated earlier.  Calpreps has to put Oak Ridge in the Top 50 too now.

Teriffic news for the critics of Lasy polls.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That's what I stated earlier.  Calpreps has to put Oak Ridge in the Top 50 too now.

Teriffic news for the critics of Lasy polls.

Oak ridge has had teams ranked that high by human pollsters — they’re better than you think 

they’re not ponderosa 

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Only in Nor Cal do fans pencil into the SBG, a team that trailed #434 Oak Ridge with 5 min left.

Such a crappy section.  Sad

Your using the same rating system that had DLS, at #9 in the state, as the only Norcal team right before they 4-parted by 14 (taking a knee), 40 (very mercifully), 35 (double ditto), and 20

oh and that team from folsom’s League beat the Pac5 champ 

the socal/ Norcal bias is actually wise than socal/ GA and I’ve retained @ECHS05 to write a strongly worded letter to Ned 

#434 in Norcal = Santa Margarita 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Your using the same rating system that had DLS, at #9 in the state, as the only Norcal team right before they 4-parted by 14 (taking a knee), 40 (very mercifully), 35 (double ditto), and 20

oh and that team from folsom’s League beat the Pac5 champ 

the socal/ Norcal bias is actually wise than socal/ GA and I’ve retained @ECHS05 to write a strongly worded letter to Ned 

#434 in Norcal = Santa Margarita 

Santa Margarita vs Oakridge would be a good game.  A toss up.  Santa Margarita isn't very good this year either.

No team that was in Folsom's league  in 2012 beat the Pac 5 champ in 2012.  #FakeNews

Calpreps was slow to recognize DLS true worth.  As usual