Ohio Week 5 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

26 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Iggy lost to Canada?

Haha I knew it would happen sooner rather than later. The Canadian all star team has been getting better every year. Knocked off some decent Ohio teams before this one

You bet ya

Eds trending up after impressive wins against Elder & WW especially after seeing the Southern Ohio folk saying they go down by 2 TDS 😀

15 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

You bet ya

Eds trending up after impressive wins against Elder & WW especially after seeing the Southern Ohio folk saying they go down by 2 TDS 😀

A lot of folk hear about Eds or just look at scores, and don't ever watch them. That mixed with their homerism gets you some of the outlandish score predictions. 

There were tons and tons of people that thought Colerain would roll Eds in the title game last year. I've watched tons of Eds games over the years; enough to know that those predictions were crap.

That said Eds looks pretty good right now. They always seem to "age" better than most teams as the season progresses. 

32 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Humor us more 

Iggy won’t make the playoffs this year but Ohio sucks 

One of us needs to get out more.  Explain #1 Mentor over Iggy by 7 then Iggy gets blown out by DeMatha + loses to Canada team

Ohio football fans are akin the frog in the slightly warming water.  They don't realize they are being boiled until its too late

frog.jpg

29 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

One of us needs to get out more.  Explain #1 Mentor over Iggy by 7 then Iggy gets blown out by DeMatha + loses to Canada team

Ohio football fans are akin the frog in the slightly warming water.  They don't realize they are being boiled until its too late

frog.jpg

Start watching some games like Mentor, Ed’s and X rather than reading scores and playing the daisy chain game

see if you recall I stayed up late and watched the west coast games and where did it get me? Undefeated champ.

im not even going to charge you for that advice but go ahead pound your chest on those 2 transferred up teams that will shut this board down in 2 years and the sport will become club teams like you back now

jump froggy jump 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Start watching some games like Mentor, Ed’s and X rather than reading scores and playing the daisy chain game

see if you recall I stayed up late and watched the west coast games and where did it get me? Undefeated champ.

im not even going to charge you for that advice but go ahead pound your chest on those 2 transferred up teams that will shut this board down in 2 years and the sport will become club teams like you back now

jump froggy jump 

I actually like Ohio football. 

Can someone explain Mentor + Iggy + Canada team

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

frog.jpg

Hoban was beating St. Ignatius worse than what Dematha was because Ignatius wasn't actually just giving the ball to Hoban.  The big difference is Ignatius qb getting knocked out of the game early against Dematha hence no chance of a big comeback.  

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I actually like Ohio football. 

Can someone explain Mentor + Iggy + Canada team

Simple. Mentor + Iggy aren't very good at defense.

Also Iggy's 3 best Defenders didn't play against Clarkson North. That said, Iggy fans still consider this loss to be the worst in program history. DeMatha loss probably #2 😆

The Canadian team is a Canadian all star team and has been playing the GCL, Eds, and Iggy for many years. They played Mentor already this year, although they only played a half due to weather. Over the years they've been closing the gap. Their offense is legit. Their defense is not very good. 

Mentor typically gets in shootouts with good teams. It's pretty common for them against good teams to score a lot and win by a score or so. A lot like past Cen10 teams.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2