Desoto's Peterman to be fired

thc6795

2 minutes ago, sportsnut25 said:

Many are saying 4/7 board members want him out cause he's a white guy that is HFC a school that is mostly African-American. 

No ruling yet though.  

Interesting.   Was there no issue with him etc?   I mean right after Destoto finally won that title?  That'd be a PR nightmare!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sportsnut25 said:

Many are saying 4/7 board members want him out cause he's a white guy that is HFC at a school that is mostly African-American. 

No ruling yet though.  

I'm having a hard time believing that as 3 of their board members are white.  I highly doubt that type of sentiment is that transparent, but it would have been these same board members that hired him just two years ago.

Another explanation is he went behind the board's  back and interviewed for another HC position at a local HS, they question his loyalty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm having a hard time believing that as 3 of their board members are white.  I highly doubt that type of sentiment is that transparent, but it would have been these same board members that hired him just two years ago.

Another explanation is he went behind the board's  back and interviewed for another HC position at a local HS, they question his loyalty.

I think that's too much explaining for the populace.... this would be a disaster

which is a shame because I expect them to take many steps back this year....

''even at 16-0 .... I'm not a fan... and I've been vocal about that since day one 

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I mean people tend to like to be lead by people of similar culture/values.   There's just better ways of responding, but we don't even really know the real story.   Something had to have happened that hasn't become public yet.

I watched the board meeting, there was overwhelming support for the HC, the words spoken about him were powerful as they highlighted his achievements on the field and what he has done in molding these young men into men.  The "people tend to like to be lead by those of similar cultures" was not valid tonight from the community standpoint.  Please don't let Lamarfan ignorant ass give a false narrative.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Horsefly, just curious, what brought up the issue in the first place? 

Board was called into session to review and vote on his hire.  It was all of a sudden.  The speculation is that he went behind the school boards back and interviewed for another job, there is also speculation he cheated (no details provided) I tend to think it was one of these factors as opposed to some random urge to suddenly exorcise some racist demons, there probably is cause.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I watched the board meeting, there was overwhelming support for the HC, the words spoken about him were powerful as they highlighted his achievements on the field and what he has done in molding these young men into men.  The "people tend to like to be lead by those of similar cultures" was not valid tonight from the community standpoint.  Please don't let Lamarfan ignorant ass give a false narrative.

FYI this was on the news and a former black player admitted it. This behavior of blacks against whites is common and just be glad we have real leader now that will keep everything fair on all sides.

5 hours ago, Lamarfan said:

FYI this was on the news and a former black player admitted it. This behavior of blacks against whites is common and just be glad we have real leader now that will keep everything fair on all sides.

That former player is Zac Orr,  who just retired from playing with the Ravens last year.  He was living in Baltimore when Peterman was hired unanimously as HC two seasons ago .... by the school board.  Zac Orr didn't admit anything as he's not on the school board, he recklessly speculated it's about race.

no facts have been presented by the board yet as to why they were considering not rehiring him.

• Like 1

Just as a side note, I know over the years that John King has been HC at Longview, there have been some Lobo parents that made it known without hesitation that they believed that Longview needed a black HC. No other reason. Just that.

So yeah, that short sided, race based mentality is nothing new as far as Ive seen over the last few years at Longview.

My remark to one of them I know well was, "I cant imagine the cries of racism if that were reversed". He actually agreed.

Its silly. A good coach that is also a good person and leader, is just that, regardless of color.

I hear people all the time saying.."cant we all just get past color"?  

I doubt it.

I have no connection to Desoto, but it will be interesting to see the outcome.

• Like 2