Desoto's Peterman to be fired

thc6795

10 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Just as a side note, I know over the years that John King has been HC at Longview, there have been some Lobo parents that made it known without hesitation that they believed that Longview needed a black HC. No other reason. Just that.

So yeah, that short sided, race based mentality is nothing new as far as Ive seen over the last few years at Longview.

My remark to one of them I know well was, "I cant imagine the cries of racism if that were reversed". He actually agreed.

Its silly. A good coach that is also a good person and leader, is just that, regardless of color.

I hear people all the time saying.."cant we all just get past color"?  

I doubt it.

Yes, that happens but in your case you heard it directly from a parent that I'm assuming is not a part of the decision process.

.  In Orr's case, what he is claiming doesn't match up to reality.  He was tweeting that this school board was not in support of hiring Peterman bc he was white; however, they voted unanimously to hire him.  He's reckless going forward like he did.

• Like 2

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yes, that happens but in your case you heard it directly.  In Orr's case, what he is claiming doesn't match up to reality.  He was tweeting that this school board was not in support of hiring Peterman bc he was white; however, they voted unanimously to hire him.  He's reckless going forward like he did.

True. He may have a beef with someone on the board. He had to know this would stir the pot. Maybe I didnt see it all, but I heard nothing but positive from the parents. Has to to be more to it.

Never believe first reports.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The kids back him from what I was hearing last night.  And that I feel should hold a lot of weight.

It should I agree. I feel it wont. Whoever "they" are, "they" have  been trying for 3 yrs to get rid of the guy. Like I said unless it is something unethical there is not a good reason to let him go. Seems right now like other people trying to tell the good people of the Desoto program what is good for them.

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Orr should shut up..

-out of likes-

i agree %100

his claim is stupid

they have three white board members... they even named their gymnasium after their long time white basketball coach ...who happens to be my former high school teacher

though some will swear he had some black in him based on the way he wouldn't hesitate to beat our ass... Coach Dyer didnt play

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

-out of likes-

i agree %100

his claim is stupid

they have three white board members... they even named their gymnasium after their long time white basketball coach ...who happens to be my former high school teacher

though some will swear he had some black in him based on the way he wouldn't hesitate to beat our ass... Coach Dyer didnt play

I just find it illogical a board would terminate a coach solely for racial issues, without cause and think they would get away with it. I was listening to the board chairman, and he was very polite, didn't show emotion and even complimented Orr at the end for his support to the football team.  One of the members accused of racism is an attorney, I think they are smart enough to tie this to something tangible.  These folks have businesses and jobs outside of the board and it would be reckless for them to jeopardize that over blatant and open racism.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

I just cant believe this is even an issue. I give it to Coach Peterman. My ass would have said deuces Im out.

I will admit I am outside of the community and can't give an assessment based on facts. My rhetoric is more emotional based off of him going 6-6 and placed on probationary status to included the current year where he won State and increased academics.   That to me is a recipe for a keeper.  That is what I heard driving home last night and the news.  Again I don't know all the particulars like SOC.  I surely hope there is not racism involved in this.  To many battles won to turn and treat others the same way based on skin, religion, or other perceptions.  Again I'm waiting on more particulars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I will admit I am outside of the community and can't give an assessment based on facts. My rhetoric is more emotional based off of him going 6-6 and placed on probationary status to included the current year where he won State and increased academics.   That to me is a recipe for a keeper.  That is what I heard driving home last night and the news.  Again I don't know all the particulars like SOC.

I don't either, from outside looking in. 2 years ago team was in shambles new coach takes over after beloved coach leaves. Then the next yr that same coach leads the team to their first ever SC. What more is there to discuss?  Im not buying the race BS. Not saying it does not exist, just not in this case. I have to believe there is something more.

Again if it was me, they better back me soon. The board better come out saying they have my back 100% really soon. The longer this drags on the more likely I am to leave.

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

I will check,but Desoto HS may be a failing HS in many areas...Especially academics...Glades Central HS in Belle Glade,Fla got a principal a few years ago that wanted to downgrade football in favor a more disciplined academic environment .....She was forced to leave...Imagine that !!!!!!  When kids can't read at grade level,write a coherent letter,speak English correctly, the whole country is at risk....Desoto and Glades Central,among other minority high schools, may epitomize this problem...

Desoto is not Glades.

I swear most of the time I read a reply from you I picture a clansmen.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I am talking about the outstanding black educator..

What are you babbling about?  Here's desoto's breakdown this season of seniors.  They had 28 seniors sign to play football at the next level, to such schools as TCU, wisconsin, Baylor and Army.  They had 18 all state academic honorees, second only behind highland park.  Not a dumb football team by any stretch.    Now chill and relax and stop trying to disparage this team and coach.  

Even my attempt at a lil humor was attacked as crap by some supposedly old lady who hates rap and Hip Hop.  That must make it a fact.  Just damn.  At least we got Booker T. Washington dug up as a reference.  I see Frederick Douglas on the horizon somehow relating to Desoto and its coach.  Many think of Desoto as some poor urban area, with crack heads everywhere that runs fast and catch footballs.  I tell you stereotypical ignorance is hard to overcome.  I read thru the slight gestures about most predominately African American high schools as well in his failed attempt at the truth.  Maybe that old lady should have been asked about Desoto instead of Rap :D

http://www.focusdailynews.com/2016/12/14/eighteen-desoto-eagles-players-make-texas-academic-state-team/

DeSoto Athletes Make The Grade On, Off The Field

DESOTO—Recently 18 student-athletes from the Eagles football program earned a spot on the Texas Academic All-State Team. The Texas High School Coaches Association recognizes school athletes who excel in the following categories: GPA, class rank and ACT/SAT score.

“We have amazing young men who are intelligent, caring and passionate about their team, who are also skilled athletes,” stated DeSoto Head Football Coach Todd Peterman. “In addition, we have built a solid support system with teachers, administrators, and parents to emphasize the importance of academics. Our students must first succeed in the classroom before they can excel on the field.”

Similar to colleges, DeSoto ISD has an academic advisor. Doug Cox provides tutoring and additional academic resources for football players.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Even my attempt at a lil humor was attacked as crap by some supposedly old lady who hates rap and Hip Hop.  That must make it a fact.  Just damn.  At least we got Booker T. Washington dug up as a reference.  I see Frederick Douglas on the horizon somehow relating to Desoto and its coach.  Many think of Desoto as some poor urban area, with crack heads everywhere that runs fast and catch footballs.  I tell you stereotypical ignorance is hard to overcome.  I read thru the slight gestures about most predominately African American high schools as well in his failed attempt at the truth.  Maybe that old lady should have been asked about Desoto instead of Rap :D

http://www.focusdailynews.com/2016/12/14/eighteen-desoto-eagles-players-make-texas-academic-state-team/

DeSoto Athletes Make The Grade On, Off The Field

DESOTO—Recently 18 student-athletes from the Eagles football program earned a spot on the Texas Academic All-State Team. The Texas High School Coaches Association recognizes school athletes who excel in the following categories: GPA, class rank and ACT/SAT score.

“We have amazing young men who are intelligent, caring and passionate about their team, who are also skilled athletes,” stated DeSoto Head Football Coach Todd Peterman. “In addition, we have built a solid support system with teachers, administrators, and parents to emphasize the importance of academics. Our students must first succeed in the classroom before they can excel on the field.”

Similar to colleges, DeSoto ISD has an academic advisor. Doug Cox provides tutoring and additional academic resources for football players.

Yeah you know those frigging minority schools not teaching kids to read and write are hurting America.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Yeah you know those frigging minority schools not teaching kids to read and write are hurting America.

Yep exact quote: "When kids can't read at grade level,write a coherent letter,speak English correctly, the whole country is at risk....Desoto and Glades Central,among other minority high schools, may epitomize this problem"...

I would bet my left nut the Desoto and Glades Central kids among others speak better English than all of Appalachia.  But no concern to fix their unintelligible English. Hell English is so bad in some parts of La. that all those damn Swamp Shows have subtitles.  Just damn many areas of America have problems in schools urban and rural mainly.

• Like 2