GHSA approves 2x multiplier...

7 hours ago, Bones said:

Does GA have a open enrollment issue? Here in IL I think the only way to even the playing field is a split. Problem is I actually like the schools being together, but you really can't quantify open enrollment.

What we currently have in the GHSA is a very few private schools that are being classified with public schools that are limited to a specific boundary when the private schools are open enrollment and can basically take players from the same public schools they play. 

This rule is more directed at them than any other schools, although a few open enrollment high schools are also involved.

There aren't many privates in the GHSA as most have their own independent association called the GISA.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bones said:

Does GA have a open enrollment issue? Here in IL I think the only way to even the playing field is a split. Problem is I actually like the schools being together, but you really can't quantify open enrollment.

Not really. Only city schools and private allow open enrollment. Buford & Cartersville are the two most well open enrollment “city” schools that have certainly benefited in years past. Buford got bumped up to 5A in 2016 over it and hasn’t won a title since. Weird

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The Gwinnett schools are safe as most of them are already 7A... 

Dacula is the only 6A school in Gwinnett... 

But idk what their ratio is...

@ATLien12x 

@Fred do y'all know?

I think Lanier is still 6A for now.  I doubt any Gwinnett public school would get moved.  The numbers don't work out.  I guess maybe Lanier and Dacula could as I don't know how close they are to the cutoff now.  Permissive transfers right now are only being accepted at Central Gwinnet, Dacula, Meadowcreek (that one surprises me, guess Discovery took a lot of their students), and South Gwinnett.  Dacula is the only one in 6A accepting transfers.  Overall I don't think the Gwinnett publics will be impacted.

GAC and Westminster are another story.  I really don't know that much about the student body at Westminster but GAC has kids from all over.  As privates, they may indeed get hit.

Edited to say that Gwinnett does have a couple of semi open enrollment high schools but they are target schools like Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology and the McClure Health Sciences High School, neither of which play football and to be honest I don't know if they play any other sports.  Both of those are pretty intense schools academically and don't focus on sports.  They might have club sorts but again I don't follow them and don't know.

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Right now the only schools I could think of that this would hurt are private schools and open enrollment schools.... 

Benedictine is already 3A (All boys school) with a 1A enrollment so I don't think they'll be affected. 

Buford could get bumped up to 6A or 7A.

Blessed Trinity possibly get bumped to 6A... 

Carrollton to 6A or 7A

Rome 6A or 7A

Cartersville could get bumped as well... 

That's all that hits me at the moment... 

Rome already at 6A numbers but elected to play 5A, Rome was given the option.

Rome would've boatraced 6A.

BGW

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Rome already at 6A numbers but elected to play 5A, Rome was given the option.

Rome would've boatraced 6A.

BGW

Rome and Richmond Hills used the isolation rule but that rule got revoked. So Rome and Richmond Hills will undoubtedly get bumped up... 

RH was susposed to be 6A back when the class first got created they should've been in Region 1 with 

Lowndes

Tift

Colquitt

Camden 

Brunswick and Valdosta(Back then anyway). 

But they got the isolation approved.... Which is stupid... Because Camden is literally on the coast but they didn't use it... 

28 minutes ago, Fred said:

I think Lanier is still 6A for now.  I doubt any Gwinnett public school would get moved.  The numbers don't work out.  I guess maybe Lanier and Dacula could as I don't know how close they are to the cutoff now.  Permissive transfers right now are only being accepted at Central Gwinnet, Dacula, Meadowcreek (that one surprises me, guess Discovery took a lot of their students), and South Gwinnett.  Dacula is the only one in 6A accepting transfers.  Overall I don't think the Gwinnett publics will be impacted.

GAC and Westminster are another story.  I really don't know that much about the student body at Westminster but GAC has kids from all over.  As privates, they may indeed get hit.

Edited to say that Gwinnett does have a couple of semi open enrollment high schools but they are target schools like Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology and the McClure Health Sciences High School, neither of which play football and to be honest I don't know if they play any other sports.  Both of those are pretty intense schools academically and don't focus on sports.  They might have club sorts but again I don't follow them and don't know.

GSMST is one of if not the best school in the nation... 

I've heard nothing but astounding things about that school I've heard it's academics actually put most private schools to shame. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had no sports. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GSMST is one of if not the best school in the nation... 

I've heard nothing but astounding things about that school I've heard it's academics actually put most private schools to shame. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had no sports. 

I wasn't going to say that but I agree with you on their academic ranking.  I said semi-open as it is very difficult to get in.  You don't just show up, pay your money, and you are in unlike many privates.

• Thanks 1