Catholic-BR vs STM (Live Stream Info)

RedZone

7 p.m. Friday

Top Players

Catholic: OL Joseph Alexander (6-2, 295), RB Joshua Parker (5-8, 180), OL/FB Brian Hibbard (6-0, 220), OL Connor Finucane (6-3, 270), QB Jackson Thomas (5-11, 170)

St. Thomas More: QB Caleb Holstein (6-5, 210), WR Jack Bech (6-1, 205), S Joshua Stevenson (6-0, 190), TE Luke Howard (6-4, 220), LB Bryce Boullion (6-0, 225)

Both teams check in the Top 3 of the MaxPreps' Computer rankings for Louisiana. The Cougars are 4-0 and have outscored the opposition 170-46. It helps having one of the top quarterbacks in Holstein. The 2020 Harvard commit has thrown for over 5,000 yards and 62 touchdowns since 2018. The scary thing is they have another quarterback waiting in the wings in sophomore Walker Howard. He's already landed offers from Alabama, LSU, and a handful of other programs. The Bears enter this one 4-0 and are coming off a 47-12 win over Edna Karr (New Orleans).
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, abbatt said:

despite the board criticism of LA football.

.....the "board" criticizes every state. 

No one does football as well as Louisiana. 

Don't expect to see Mater Dei vs St  John Bosco tomorrow night though...BUT, these teams know how to play the game.

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

.....the "board" criticizes every state. 

No one does football as well as Louisiana. 

Don't expect to see Mater Dei vs St  John Bosco tomorrow night though...BUT, these teams know how to play the game.

Sorry to disagree with you, Red.  My wife is from Lafayette and I have watched tons of LA HS football and attended multiple state championships in the Superdome.  I am being very unbiased when I say this but I have only seen a couple of really quality La state championship teams.  And I am talking about the John Curtis, Edna Karr, St. Aug, W. Monroe, Evangel, Rummel, etc.  Not saying that there weren't some very good teams but they just don't stack up.  There are tons of great athletes in La. but the depth is not there and the quality of coaching is lacking and not to mention the facilities are generally poor. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Canyon Mike said:

Sorry to disagree with you, Red.  My wife is from Lafayette and I have watched tons of LA HS football and attended multiple state championships in the Superdome.  I am being very unbiased when I say this but I have only seen a couple of really quality La state championship teams.  And I am talking about the John Curtis, Edna Karr, St. Aug, W. Monroe, Evangel, Rummel, etc.  Not saying that there weren't some very good teams but they just don't stack up.  There are tons of great athletes in La. but the depth is not there and the quality of coaching is lacking and not to mention the facilities are generally poor. 

Whatever.....

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Canyon Mike said:

rebelstadiumdsfield9-28-19.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Canyon Mike said:

😂 preach

1 hour ago, Reb72 said:

rebelstadiumdsfield9-28-19.jpg

No QB West Monroe "stacked up" ok with Longview this year.....better than Rockwall obviously. 

I don't think any state in the US does more with 4.5 million people....or, has more depth per capita.

I'm amazed how many of "these guys" claim to have Louisiana wives and girlfriends. Evidently we have the babes too. lol

7 hours ago, Canyon Mike said:

@Nolebull813 I wake up to this beautiful morning expecting it won’t get any better today, then I logged in and see Texas ripping Louisiana a new One lmao 😂 I’m lovin it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Nolebull813 I wake up to this beautiful morning expecting it won’t get any better today, then I logged in and see Texas ripping Louisiana a new One lmao 😂 I’m lovin it

Look who it is?

The little drama bitch junkie.

Looking for affection and attention.

Texas/Louisiana have been ripping each other for decades. What's new.....oh yeah, your punk ass.

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

No QB West Monroe "stacked up" ok with Longview this year.....better than Rockwall obviously. 

I don't think any state in the US does more with 4.5 million people....or, has more depth per capita.

I'm amazed how many of "these guys" claim to have Louisiana wives and girlfriends. Evidently we have the babes too. lol

Can't disagree with you on those points, Red. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, RedZone said:

3* STM QB Caleb Holstein is like a big robot.....he's 6-5 (tall) and rarely moves. He sits back there, scans the field, uses his Harvard brain and fires lazers to whoever is open...

If Catholic can't move him some he will pick them apart.

Haven't seen Holstein but he sounds similar to Cole Kelly who signed with Arkansas. Told good friend when I saw him play that he is not an SEC QB and will be a bust.

8 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Texas has been beating the living shit out of Louisiana state champs for decades. And with their average teams too! 

Remember AllenGate?? That was where Cajun called Devil Dog the N word because Allen was beating Evangel,LA so badly. 

So if he is willing to that on a message board just off a TX team destroying a Louisiana team, then this guy must hold Klan rally’s when he logs off. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Texas has been beating the living shit out of Louisiana state champs for decades. And with their average teams too! 

Remember AllenGate?? That was where Cajun called Devil Dog the N word because Allen was beating Evangel,LA so badly. 

So if he is willing to that on a message board just off a TX team destroying a Louisiana team, then this guy must hold Klan rally’s when he logs off. 

Ha, pot meet kettle.