And it's been so nice in here lately.....then this HS football story comes out today...

Troll

More YAHOO news about HS Football today....

Coaching staff fired over an essentially black team using the N-word in their locker room chants....

Some feel within their rights to use it at the school, others feel offended...

which side you on???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hs-football-coach-fired-after-team-chant-using-racial-slur-caught-on-video/ar-AAIvdbx?ocid=spartanntp

PS...did anyone notice which State this was in???  Maybe we should ask our local resident about it...🙄

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

More YAHOO news about HS Football today....

Coaching staff fired over an essentially black team using the N-word in their locker room chants....

Some feel within their rights to use it at the school, others feel offended...

which side you on???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hs-football-coach-fired-after-team-chant-using-racial-slur-caught-on-video/ar-AAIvdbx?ocid=spartanntp

PS...did anyone notice which State this was in???  Maybe we should ask our local resident about it...🙄

St. Augustine High NOLA

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

St. Augustine High NOLA

Local NOLA paper (or anyone else) has got to do a better job than Yahoo....LOLOL 

https://www.nola.com/news/education/article_9d60369e-ea11-11e9-95aa-4f0fda3b0958.html

Their quote..."But many others, including some connected to St. Augustine, say the term's use is common — in music, films and among black youth — and was not being used in a racist context in the chant."

Ok so I'll be the first to say some thoughts, you can't do that shiat today....do or say whatever you like on your own, but when wearing a uniform and representing a school or team, it's a no go for me....just sayin.

Just now, Troll said:

Local NOLA paper (or anyone else) has got to do a better job than Yahoo....LOLOL 

https://www.nola.com/news/education/article_9d60369e-ea11-11e9-95aa-4f0fda3b0958.html

Their quote..."But many others, including some connected to St. Augustine, say the term's use is common — in music, films and among black youth — and was not being used in a racist context in the chant."

Ok so I'll be the first to say some thoughts, you can't do that shiat today....do or say whatever you like on your own, but when wearing a uniform and representing a school or team, it's a no go for me....just sayin.

I was gonna post it's common language in the community. But if the school feels it doesnt belong there than they need to do what they need to do

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was gonna post it's common language in the community. But if the school feels it doesnt belong there than they need to do what they need to do

That's the way that I see it as well. This was probably going on as the norm for some time, and was okay...until it wasn't. Now the school's gotta do what they've gotta do as you said. I PERSONALLY would have never allowed that as a coach. The coaches, probably good dudes, paid for it for not having a little bit of common sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

At this point I don't even think it's a question of IF any school wants to (even if some there do), but given the political climate anyone managing a school would be suicidal to court that type of controversy...so they can't...and it's an 'automatic firing' if any Instagram footage gets out...

Also it would be one thing if the kids or a captain was invoking it, but it looked to be the asst. coaches leading it.....🙄 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Troll said:

At this point I don't even think it's a question of IF any school wants to (even if some there do), but given the political climate anyone managing a school would be suicidal to court that type of controversy...so they can't...and it's an 'automatic firing' if any Instagram footage gets out...

Also it would be one thing if the kids or a captain was invoking it, but it looked to be the asst. coaches leading it.....🙄 

For the win!

42 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

If one person has/was offended then it needs to stop. If it is just some goody, goody social justice warrior pretending to care about minorities. (We have a few of them here), then fuck them. 

I can appreciate the sentiment....

As a coach (at least here) on the playing field that will get you a DQ, a couple of those and you are barred from states and playoffs...

Firing up in the locker room, what can get your team run off the field, just doesn't seem like a great idea...

probably just the realist in me...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

👍🏿

Just an FYI I did not post this to throw any darts, but preferably so that both sides might see how exclusionary and counterproductive some things really are.   Possibly easier to see (from both sides) when things get reversed....

When I see things like this (from either side), I generally think it's a shame...but one that should not be ignored to be repeated.

just sayin'

👍

• Like 1