GA HSFB thread! Three top 10 matchups

ATLien12x

Three Top 10 matchups: 
No. 2 McEachern defeats No. 5 Marietta 14-12. Indians erased a 6-0 fourth quarter deficit to lead by eight. Marietta scored a touchdown with 19 seconds left but couldn’t make the 2PAT 

No. 4 Grayson defeats No. 9 Archer 34-31 in overtime. Back and forth contest. Grayson scored a touchdown with 17 seconds left to force overtime. Blocked Archer’s OT field goal to win 

No. 3 Colquitt defeats No. 10 Camden 34-17. Packers outscored the Wildcats 28-3 over the final three quarters

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Camden has some dudes. #99 Glover on the DL is tough to do much with. Their primary rb is a load as well. They are playing inspired ball tonight. 

It took Colquitt the entire half to recover from a disasterous start on special teams. Can not have a weak spot like that in Region 1. 

This game played out just about how I figured. They are a young team and I really believe next year has a chance to be pretty darn good.

• Like 2

There is always some sore loser Camden fans that sit on the visitor side. It doesn't matter where we sit, there is always a bad fan story can be told. 

This year, the coach's wife was cheering and making a good bit of noise and a group of Camden ladies told her she needed to be quiet. Well, that backfired bigly because a few of us from up at the top slid down there and ran interference. We got super loud and made them get real small. We didn't drive 3 hours to sit on our hands. Not a one of us. Told Melissa, that's region 1 baby. It doesn't really get much better from here. xD

Got that win though. 

• Haha 3

On 10/18/2019 at 2:27 PM, ATLien12x said:

I’ll take Marietta over McEachern in a close one. Think it’ll be relatively low scoring. Marietta’s played the better schedule and they have the better QB. Should be a 48 minute thriller though 

Grayson should beat Archer tonight but in rivalry games you never know. Rumor has it starting RB Phil Mafah (Clemson) and WR Ryan King (Texas A&M) will return tonight. They’ve both been out over a month and are needed for a playoff push 

Colquitt should roll Camden. Camden has played literally no one and their players aren’t as good as Colquitt’s. It’s a road game but I expect the Packers to win pretty handily

Ryan played last week against Shiloh.  He was making NFL grade catches.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, ATLien12x said:

My guy reading those twitter updates 🤣

He dang sure wasn't posting them live.  Really poor cell coverage with both AT&T and Verizon. 1/2 to no bars all night long and I couldn't post any updates.  I've just now gotten cell service from that black hole and I've been home 2 days!  😂

• Haha 1

I'm gonna say this rather quietly...but there's TWO teams that somebody needs to keep eyes on....

One is Hillgrove...

The other is North Gwinnett.

And if Archer ain't careful....I'm gonna throw them in with those two dark horses.  

AAAAAAA playoff football is a different animal.  We ain't there yet...and a lot can happen until we do get there...but I'm just saying.

Everybody needs to see the ENTIRE picture.

Rufus>>

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Can we get this kid some more offers than Fort Valley State? Jesus. Idk why colleges are missing on the Harden train. The game has really slowed down and come to him this year. He's topping kids like Harrison Bailey who supposedly has much more D1 talent to throw to. (Reiteration: Supposedly) 

Location, Location, Location... 

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Location, Location, Location... 

I think some saw he had temper issues last year, but, he has settled in very nicely. The coaches have done a good job with him mentally this year as well as he has matured a lot too. 

He has good intangibles. Size, weight and strength. Some schools are missing out imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think some saw he had temper issues last year, but, he has settled in very nicely. The coaches have done a good job with him mentally this year as well as he has matured a lot too. 

He has good intangibles. Size, weight and strength. Some schools are missing out imo. 

Jaycee is doing much better.  And like you said...a lot of his transformation has been due to his maturing.  I know the coaches have really worked hard with him and he has responded positively.  And like he saidon the video...the kid is a competitor and a winner.  Similar attributes to another Packer QB named Chase.

And did you ever hit the nail on the head...some of these smaller D1 schools really need to do their homework.  This kid can PLAY.

Rufus>>

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll tell ya what else... Some of these DII and smaller D1s are missing on these offensive linemen as well. 

They'd probably have some big tall soft doughboy types than these hardnosed mean muggin' tough as nails type from Moultrie. 

I believe you mean...Norman Park.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1