GA HSFB thread! Three top 10 matchups

ATLien12x

UPDATE: 

Three Top 10 matchups: 
No. 2 McEachern defeats No. 5 Marietta 14-12. Indians erased a 6-0 fourth quarter deficit to lead by eight. Marietta scored a touchdown with 19 seconds left but couldn’t make the 2PAT 

No. 4 Grayson defeats No. 9 Archer 34-31 in overtime. Back and forth contest. Grayson scored a touchdown with 17 seconds left to force overtime. Blocked Archer’s OT field goal to win 

No. 3 Colquitt defeats No. 10 Camden 34-17. Packers outscored the Wildcats 28-3 over the final three quarters

——————————————————————————

McEachern at Marietta
When, where: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Northcutt Stadium, Marietta
Records, rankings: McEachern is 6-0 overall, 1-0 in Region 3-AAAAAAA and No. 2; Marietta is 5-1, 1-0 and No. 5.
Last meeting: Marietta won 28-27 in 2018.
Things to know: This is the first game at Northcutt Stadium between top-five teams since Marietta lost to No. 1 Southwest DeKalb in 1990. The winner will emerge as the front-runner in Region 3-AAAAAAA, although Hillgrove, North Cobb and North Paulding remain in the mix. All are 5-1. This game will feature more high-profile offensive recruits than perhaps any in the state. For McEachern, those include QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson (committed to Florida, 981 yards passing), receivers Dacari Collins (Clemson, 314 yards) and Javon Baker (Alabama, 316 yards) and RB Jordon Simmons (Michigan State, 302 yards rushing). Marietta's lineup includes QB Harrison Bailey (Tennessee, 1,817 yards passing), receivers Arik Gilbert (uncommitted, 772 yards), Ricky White (Michigan State, 513 yards) and Taji Johnson (Boston College, 311 yards) and RB Kimani Vidal (Troy, 545 yards rushing). Gilbert is the No 1 tight end prospect nationally and the No. 2 player in Georgia. In last year's game, Ra'Shun Bass intercepted a pass in the end zone in the final seconds to preserve a one-point win, which ended Marietta's 10-game losing streak in a series that McEachern leads 18-12-1.

Grayson at Archer
When, where: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Archer Community Stadium, Lawrenceville
Records, rankings: Grayson is 5-1 overall, 1-0 in Region 8-AAAAAAA and No. 4; Archer is 4-2, 1-0 and No. 9.
Last meeting: Grayson won 41-14 in 2018.
Things to know: Grayson has won region titles six of the past eight seasons. Archer has won the others in 2017 and 2013. The 2018 game was competitive until Grayson returned an interception for a touchdown for a 33-14 lead in the third quarter. This season, Archer QB Carter Peevy, a four-year starter, is passing less (742 yards) but has thrown seven touchdowns and no interceptions. Renoldo Spivey, Jordon Swain and Schmari Campbell have one 100-yard rushing game each as Archer has become more of a ball-control team. MLB Kameron O'Rourke (36 solo tackles, six for losses) is a region defensive player-of-the-year candidate for a unit that ranks fourth in the class in scoring defense (11.5 points allowed). Grayson is more of a passing team now as C.J. Dixon (committed to Illinois) has thrown for 1,267 yards. Lafayette Gurvin has rushed for 654 yards, or about 75 percent of Grayson's ground game. Grayson ranks 18th in both scoring offense and defense.

Colquitt County at Camden County
When, where: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Chris Gilman Stadium, Kingsland
Records, rankings: Colquitt County is 6-1 overall, 0-0 in Region 1-AAAAAAA and No. 10; Camden County is 7-0, 0-0 and No. 10.
Last meeting: Colquitt County won 38-9 in 2018.
Watch the game: Online at NFHS Network.
Things to know: The winner of this game will be the logical main contender to challenge No. 1-ranked Lowndes in their four-team region. Camden is 7-0 for the first time since 2015, also the last time that Camden played a game matching two top-10 teams. In the 2018 game against Colquitt, Camden trailed 21-3 in the first quarter, but the issue wasn't decided until Colquitt scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns, one on a 97-yard fumble return. Camden leads Class AAAAAAA in scoring offense (45.2 points per game) with a balanced attack led by Logan Watson (1,174 yards passing) and Jamie Felix (605 rushing). Micah Morris is the consensus No. 6 tackle prospect nationally among juniors. Camden's defense has allowed 19.9 points, 24th best in class. Colquitt ranks fourth in scoring (38.6) and eighth in scoring defense (12.3). Jaycee Harden has the highest QB rating among AAAAAAA quarterbacks registered on MaxPreps as he's 124-of-189 passing for 1,916 yards and 24 touchdowns (eight to Lemeke Brockington) with only two interceptions. Daijun Edwards has 571 yards rushing, 332 receiving.
  • Thanks 1

I’ll take Marietta over McEachern in a close one. Think it’ll be relatively low scoring. Marietta’s played the better schedule and they have the better QB. Should be a 48 minute thriller though 

Grayson should beat Archer tonight but in rivalry games you never know. Rumor has it starting RB Phil Mafah (Clemson) and WR Ryan King (Texas A&M) will return tonight. They’ve both been out over a month and are needed for a playoff push 

Colquitt should roll Camden. Camden has played literally no one and their players aren’t as good as Colquitt’s. It’s a road game but I expect the Packers to win pretty handily

when I think a real football I don’t think of 65 of Southern California’s best players assembling on to two teams !!!!

I think of Georgia public high school football’s highest classification!!!! 7AAAAAAA!!!!  It has it all!!  Bone crushing defense. Highflying offense. Power O.  And some land sharks shutting bitches down!!!

You arm chair quarterbacks are gonna have a lot to talk about around the water cooler this Monday motherfuckers!!!!!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I’ll take Marietta over McEachern in a close one. Think it’ll be relatively low scoring. Marietta’s played the better schedule and they have the better QB. Should be a 48 minute thriller though 

Grayson should beat Archer tonight but in rivalry games you never know. Rumor has it starting RB Phil Mafah (Clemson) and WR Ryan King (Texas A&M) will return tonight. They’ve both been out over a month and are needed for a playoff push 

Colquitt should roll Camden. Camden has played literally no one and their players aren’t as good as Colquitt’s. It’s a road game but I expect the Packers to win pretty handily

I don't know about the "handily".  Camden is legit.  They have proven time and time again....you don't hafta play a tough schedule to have a good football team.

If we play our best game...and Camden plays their best game....Colquitt wins.  But it don't hardly ever happen that way.  Especially in Gilman.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

You do know ryan king has been back, right? And I thought he was committed to Georgia Tech?

51 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You do know ryan king has been back, right? And I thought he was committed to Georgia Tech?

King is committed to Tech. I was thinking of their WR Jackson last year committed to A&M. An error there. 

And yes I knew King was back for the first time since week 2 vs Shiloh last week. I was just saying that Mafah and King being back in the offense is big and needed for the postseason 

• Like 1

I want Marietta to win, but I think they'll lose tonight. McEachern will probably chew up clock by running the ball with Simmons (recently committed to Michigan State) and force Marietta to actually stop them. 

I want to see how Camden does versus their first real opponent. They have quite a few studs on their team, so it'll be interesting to see how to stack up against Colquitt......who will probably win by a touchdown or two. 

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I want Marietta to win, but I think they'll lose tonight. McEachern will probably chew up clock by running the ball with Simmons (recently committed to Michigan State) and force Marietta to actually stop them.

Big part of the game for sure. McEachern has to run the ball effectively to win. Shootout favors Marietta. I see this game being under 50 total as I see both defenses stiffening in the red zone

14 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Big part of the game for sure. McEachern has to run the ball effectively to win. Shootout favors Marietta. I see this game being under 50 total as I see both defenses stiffening in the red zone

Also, I don't think the marietta corners will be able to stop Collins and Baker. BJ Ojulari has to perform how he performed in the St. Joe's game if Marietta wants to win. Arik Gilbert has to have another big game like he did last week (I think he had 9 catches, 200+ receiving yards and a couple of TDs). 

Tons of talent on these 6 teams tonight.... Especially McEachern-Marietta...

Marietta:

5* WR Arik Gilbert - #1 TE, #10 Overall

4* QB Harrison Bailey - #3 Pro QB, #134 Overall (Tennessee Commit)

4* WDE BJ Ojulari - #9 WDE, #136 Overall (Tennessee Commit)

3* S Rashad Torrence II - #32 S, #376 Overall (Florida Commit)

3* OT Jake Wray - #47 OT, #595 Overall (Colorado Commit)

3* WR Ricky White - #118 WR, #754 Overall (Michigan St. Commit)

3* RB Kimani Vidal - #65 RB, #1080 Overall (Troy Commit)

3* WR Taji Johnson - #158 WR, #1095 Overall (Boston College Commit)

3* CB Dawson Ellington - #117 CB, #1346 Overall 

3* S Rashun Bass - #137 S, #1992 Overall (Akron Commit)

3* ILB Kiersten Lee - #117 ILB, #2776 Overall 

OLB Daniel Martin (2022) - Tennessee, FAU Offer

CB Andre Stewart (2022) - Auburn Commit

McEachern: 

4* WR Javon Baker - #25 WR, #124 Overall (Alabama Commit)

4* WR Dacari Collins (2021) - #30 WR, #146 Overall (Clemson Commit)

4* QB Carlos Del Rio (2021) - #13 Pro QB, #196 Overall (Florida Commit)

4* DT Jamil Burroughs - #31 DT, #340 Overall (Alabama Commit)

3* RB Jordon Simmons - #40 RB, #608 Overall (Michigan St. Commit)

3* CB Tajiri Smith - #97 CB, #1180 Overall (Memphis Commit)

3* DT Kyle Mann - #97 DT, #1451 Overall

3* CB Kevon Angry - #164 CB, #1933 Overall (Kent St. Commit)

3* WR Gary Simpson - #277 WR, #2173 Overall

2* CB Jamari Bellamy - #209 CB, #3057 Overall (Air Force Commit)

ATH Chief Borders (2021) - 25+ FBS offers

ILB Byron Green (2021) - Akron Offer

• Haha 1