I have a confession to make.

TheMaximumHornetSting

Is it wrong to be a fan of more than one team...  

My loyalty lies with the Buckeyes we are the best through and through... But there is another team that I am a closet fan of and support on the side... because they rarely if ever play us but when they do I bleed my red proudly for the Buckeyes...

But I have to confess that I do cheer for...

N O T R E D A M E when Ohio State isn't playing.... 

@nptb17 you're still just a salty buckeye hater... 

@hardhit1

@ThunderRam

I am sorry... 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My loyalty lies with the Buckeyes we are the best through and through... But there is another team that I am a closet fan of and support on the side... because they rarely if ever play us but when they do I bleed my red proudly for the Buckeyes...

@hardhit1

@ThunderRam

I am sorry... 

I understand my son “ say 5 Hail Marys and never have those evil thoughts again! “

Father .... Johnnie 😂

• Haha 2

When I was younger around 6 years old I was just getting into football as in asking my uncle and Aunt questions about the sport and what teams where what,etc. We where living in Dayton during the time I sat down in the living room by myself and decided to watch a game. I'll never forget it... 

Ohio State was playing those dastardly bastards from the forbidden city of Ann Arbor I sat still the whole time. Of course I really didn't know entirely what was going on but I caught on as the game went on. But watching Ohio State was like watching magic I knew right then I wanted to be a Buckeye.  I told my uncle I wanted to go to Buckeye game in person he had a look on his face that I can never forget looked like he chugged a gallon of sour milk... 

He agreed to take me if my father paid for the tickets. And believe me my dad wasn't happy because he hated Ohio State... I found out my father was a Wolverine he never expressed in front of me until I was 12.

he hid it pretty damn well for long time... Not the only thing he hid from me but that's a story for another day... 

Anyway... My father actually bought the tickets and he would never talk about it again after that. 

My aunt tried to tell me that I was just saying that because I saw them on TV and what I really wanted to be was a Trojan because y'know my mom's side is a bunch of filthy Trojans because they're from Long Beach...  All except for uncle Dave... He's a Bruin just to spite his brothers and sisters... 

But I knew what I wanted to be... 

I wanted to be a Buckeye and nothing was going to change my mind. 

• Haha 2

Now for the Darkside I never thought I'd discuss

How I came to root for ND on the side... 

It all started when I turned 12.  

And I can sum it up in 2 words 

Beautiful woman

I developed a crush on this gorgeous girl who always wore Notre Dame gear. 

When it hot ND tank top or shirt

Cold ND Hoodie... 

So one day I struck up a convo with her. And when I asked her what team she liked and what teams she didn't like. In the angriest tone I had ever heard come from a woman other than my aunt she said Michigan and Ohio State. Now I should've known right then  that this woman was the Devil in tights... 

But In order to impress this girl I committed a cardinal sin... I abandoned my Buckeye family for 2 whole weeks in order to learn all I could about the Irish.... And I mean everything. Just to impress this girl... I even committed the atrocious act of buying an ND hoodie Because I wanted to prove I wasn't a fraud...  

When my aunt saw me wearing she looked like she wanted to snatch it off me and spray me with the garden hose... 

I managed to impress this girl and I took her to the 8th grade dance... 

But then she found out I was lying thanks to that snitch ass punk...we'll just call him Jaquan... 

She legit told me that I was disgusting because I was a Buckeye fronting as an Irish... Turns out her family was the die hard Irish types... And what I did was disgusting to her... 

But here I am 11 years later wondering... Was it really a front... Because those 2 weeks as a fake ND fan has left me with a soft spot for the Irish... 

• Haha 2

Well I hate everyone except for ND.  I love college football though so I watch everyone.  I have a ginormous atheltic family that has always been close and everyone likes someone different depending on where they are located.  Most of the family is Bama or Auburn because most of the family is in Alabama.  The Cincy area family is OSU.  My uncle who lived in South Bend (RIP) and had season tickets was ND and like the black sheep.  A couple of my cousins and myself liked being black sheeps, so we too are ND.  If you go to a ND game as a 6, 7 or 8 year old especially back in the 80's or 90's you would be an ND fan too.  I was at the OSU- ND game in 95 and cried like a baby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@hardhit1

@ThunderRam

I am sorry... 

E4BDDD81-15AC-421E-8E9C-EC0F01FE8606.gif

BEB237EB-5A78-4A9E-A7AC-889D1ADD11B9.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Well I hate everyone except for ND.  I love college football though so I watch everyone.  I have a ginormous atheltic family that has always been close and everyone likes someone different depending on where they are located.  Most of the family is Bama or Auburn because most of the family is in Alabama.  The Cincy area family is OSU.  My uncle who lived in South Bend (RIP) and had season tickets was ND and like the black sheep.  A couple of my cousins and myself liked being black sheeps, so we too are ND.  If you go to a ND game as a 6, 7 or 8 year old especially back in the 80's or 90's you would be an ND fan too.  I was at the OSU- ND game in 95 and cried like a baby.

My California family is all Trojans... Again except Uncle Dave. 

My Georgia family is Bulldogs. I do have a cousin in Decatur  whose a Yellow Jacket...  and a relative whose an Aggie. 

Florida family is also Bulldogs... Odd I know... 

Utah family-Utes 

Texas family is just Georgia family relocated so also Bulldogs... 

10 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I bet family gatherings around the TV on Saturday are a fun experience... 

I have been to: 

Ohio state-Michigan in person... That was truly an experience...

USC-UCLA. 

Georgia-Florida 

I have been to a South Carolina game before... @Bormio y'all have a decent stadium but parking though... 

11 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I suspect many of us know an Uncle Dave. Don't be an Uncle Dave.

Uncle Dave is wise.  Uncle Dave is kind.  Uncle Dave is infinitely patient...Mostly the latter because he has to be.

Now, back off Uncle Dave, or I'll sternly clap at you eight times, spell U-C-L-A twice, and say 'fight fight fight!'

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Uncle Dave is wise.  Uncle Dave is kind.  Uncle Dave is infinitely patient...Mostly the latter because he has to be.

Now, back off Uncle Dave, or I'll sternly clap at you eight times, spell U-C-L-A twice, and say 'fight fight fight!'

Uncle Dave is most certainly patient... 

He's dealt with alot of shit and honestly I'm surprised he's as patient as he is... 

He must've learned something during his time as a police officer...  

• Like 1