Whiteshoes Top 100

whiteshoes

19 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

For the record, Folsom has a few sophs starting on Varsity this year. The reason I even brought up the JV game is because I need something to hang my hat on. 😂

HA!!!... For-sure!!... :) 

I do not think that Folsom will be taking some big step back next year, Obviously Nagata and badger will be missed, But they will have talent... And isn't the Back up QB only a Soph and isn't he getting a lot of playing time this year?... I thought I read on the Nor Cal Board he was playing most of the game against Rocklin?....

The only thing that I have read about Folsom on the Nor Cal Board that gives me pause is there is alot of talk about how undisciplined they are under the New Coach.... You have also brought this up over here and their propensity for turn overs....

I do really Hope that DLS and Folsom keep the games going, because that game is really good and necessary for Nor Cal Football.... It would be awesome for Nor Cal Football as well if Folsom could Schedule PITT and Maybe Serra next year...

I don't know what Serra will look like Next year, but PITT is Young and very talented with a really good QB... They changed some offensive coaches over there.... That would be a great Nor Cal Match-up and it is Surprising that those 2 teams have never played over the years... :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!!!... For-sure!!... :) 

I do not think that Folsom will be taking some big step back next year, Obviously Nagata and badger will be missed, But they will have talent... And isn't the Back up QB only a Soph and isn't he getting a lot of playing time this year?... I thought I read on the Nor Cal Board he was playing most of the game against Rocklin?....

The only thing that I have read about Folsom on the Nor Cal Board that gives me pause is there is alot of talk about how undisciplined they are under the New Coach.... You have also brought this up over here and their propensity for turn overs....

I do really Hope that DLS and Folsom keep the games going, because that game is really good and necessary for Nor Cal Football.... It would be awesome for Nor Cal Football as well if Folsom could Schedule PITT and Maybe Serra next year...

I don't know what Serra will look like Next year, but PITT is Young and very talented with a really good QB... They changed some offensive coaches over there.... That would be a great Nor Cal Match-up and it is Surprising that those 2 teams have never played over the years... :) 

Folsom will be losing it's three best players next year and 2 of them are big time play makers with Ngata and Badger. I really think we could end up seeing Badger in the NFL eventually. Folsom's lines are going to be much better next season which gives me hope. Their lines are going to be huge. They have a couple linemen on JV who are 6'4 and over 260lbs already. 

I see their offense taking a step back and their defense being improved next season. Their best player on the freshmen squad is Onterrio Smith Jr who's related to Grant legend and NFL product Onterrio Smith Sr. He has the potential to be the next big thing but he'll only be a soph next season. 

Norcal needs DLS-Folsom every season and no I do not see Folsom winning but it at least gives DLS a norcal game where their starters can play the whole game... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I am curious why you do not have Either 7-1 SD Cathedral Catholic or 7-1 Helix in your top 100...

SDCC Beat the #47 Team and #54 Team in your List and Their only loss was to Helix...

How do you leave off a team that has 2 wins over teams you ranked, yet you have a 7-1 Folsom team Ranked #45 who’s has beaten absolutely no one??....

Other then that glaring omission, nice poll!!

I have Helix ranked 14th in the state and Cathedral Catholic right behind them at 15.    Your case is well stated but I could also make a pretty good case for San Mateo Serra, Corona del Mar, Pittsburg, Monterey Trail, and San Clemente.    All would probably be included if I ranked 125 teams.     They are that close.   As I get near the bottom each week there are perhaps thirty teams for ten spots and as I have stated many times, the bottom ten is a lot tougher than the top 10.    The teams I added this week, Covington Catholic, Dorman, Cincinnati LaSalle all had signature wins last week.

4 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

I have Helix ranked 14th in the state and Cathedral Catholic right behind them at 15.    Your case is well stated but I could also make a pretty good case for San Mateo Serra, Corona del Mar, Pittsburg, Monterey Trail, and San Clemente.    All would probably be included if I ranked 125 teams.     They are that close.   As I get near the bottom each week there are perhaps thirty teams for ten spots and as I have stated many times, the bottom ten is a lot tougher than the top 10.    The teams I added this week, Covington Catholic, Dorman, Cincinnati LaSalle all had signature wins last week.

Wow!... So a Team that Actually Beat Corona Centennial on the Field is somehow Ranked 15th in the State of CA?... Have you actually seen SDCC Play?...

There is no way that they are 15th in CA, and Serra San Mateo, PITT, Folsom, Mission Viejo and Those other teams you mentioned do not have any wins as good as SDCC... They even beat your 47th Ranked team that must be a Top 2 or 3 in AZ to be on your list...

I have SDCC as #5 In CA, only Ranking Cen 10 Ahead of them because the game was so close and I do believe Cen10 would win a Re-Match... SDCC Has Better wins the Mission Viejo who has a very soft schedule, I don't think they would beat SDCC...

The Helix Loss was the week after SDCC Pulled one of the Biggest Upsets in SDHSFB history knocking off Cen10... I look at that alot like last years SJB Blowout win over MD after MD had their Biggest win over IMG and underestimated Bosco... The SDCC kids had a letdown and Helix made them Pay... SDCC will win the Re-Match in the playoffs...

Plus SDCC Dominated your 47th Ranked Saguro team, they could not do anything against SDCC's Defense...

There is no way SDCC is #15 in CA... Even Cal Preps has Folsom #13 or something like that...

I would Luv to hear your case for all those teams you mentioned Above SDCC, not one of them has a Better Resume... Including Mission Viejo,  Cen10, Folsom and Saguro who you all have ranked...

Like I said, you list is good, but This doesn't make any sense... :) 

• Like 1

I think Mentor May be the most overrated team in all the polls. They are getting credit for the St ed’s 1 point win which is good and the Iggy 7 point win which is not. Does anyone really think thy would beat SJC or dematha after seeing what dematha did to Iggy? Seems like most all the polls have them higher just because they are undefeated.

1 hour ago, BigBobT said:

I think Mentor May be the most overrated team in all the polls. They are getting credit for the St ed’s 1 point win which is good and the Iggy 7 point win which is not. Does anyone really think thy would beat SJC or dematha after seeing what dematha did to Iggy? Seems like most all the polls have them higher just because they are undefeated.

I've seen Cen10 get credit and top 10 rankings  for years for beating good teams by slim margins because that's their style. Emphasis on offense, far less on defense. Same goes for Mentor. They try to outscore you. 

That said, do they deserve their ranking? Probably. I'd have them in the top 25. 

1 hour ago, BigBobT said:

They are a very talented offensive team and will score points on most anyone

Defense has some holes but pretty decent

Mentor & Ed’s a head above the rest in Ohio

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBobT said:

The Tiers have Mentor in Tier 4.  What do you think about that placement

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

I've seen Cen10 get credit and top 10 rankings  for years for beating good teams by slim margins because that's their style. Emphasis on offense, far less on defense. Same goes for Mentor. They try to outscore you. 

That said, do they deserve their ranking? Probably. I'd have them in the top 25. 

Do you think they would beat the big WCAC teams? Those teams seemed to be ranked lower pretty much everywhere. If you want them at the bottom of the Top 25 I can understand but they are 12 in the comp poll. I just don't understand how they are ahead of the two teams I mentioned originally. Not to go full daisy chain but the Dematha win over Iggy has to mean something when comparing.

1 minute ago, BigBobT said:

Do you think they would beat the big WCAC teams? Those teams seemed to be ranked lower pretty much everywhere. If you want them at the bottom of the Top 25 I can understand but they are 12 in the comp poll. I just don't understand how they are ahead of the two teams I mentioned originally. Not to go full daisy chain but the Dematha win over Iggy has to mean something when comparing.

I honestly don't know. I would probably favor DeMatha, Gonzaga, and SJC. But I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that Mentor could win against them.

Iggy/Mentor is kinda a rivalry like Colerain/St. X. They've been playing every regular season for many years and they often meet in the playoffs too. 

Mentor just played a good Euclid team tonight whom avg 40 ppg and have a bunch of athletes. My prediction would've been Mentor 45-31. Mentor won 45-0.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:35 PM, BigBobT said:

All those teams are objectively more talented than Mentor. Whether or not they would dispose of Mentor as easily as DeMatha did to Ignatius is another story. Mentor has one of the best offensive systems you will find, and their guys have been running it since grade school in their youth programs. Even with average talent, they move the football and score points. When they have good talent, they can really get after you. This year, they have a very good three-headed monster in QB Ian Kipp, RB Brian Trobel, and WR Luke Floreia.  And it also appears they have their best defense since 2003 (arguably the best team Mentor has ever had that unfortunately ran into a red-hot St. Edward team in the playoffs). While their exact placement in the top 25 can be debated, their inclusion somewhere in that group is warranted at this point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, Extremely Humble said:

Sure isn't 

That would be the best thing for Folsom if they got dropped. Hiding behind playing  dela in a can't lose situation does them no good. This would force them to go out for once and schedule a top oos and maybe a top socal. Getting smoked again by dela would just further damage their image imop