Has Roswells lease ran out too?

Heard that after Coach Ford left Roswell for Buford a few of his star Athletes wasted no time hauling ass to other schools... 

And one of the schools I heard mentioned was Marietta HS. 

Marietta HS has Oscar Smiths old HC Richard Morgan. He did rough his 1st year.  5-5.  But if its true that 6 of Roswells all-stars left for Marietta then he will be making headlines very soon. 

However I have no confirmation on this aside from word of mouth from some posters on the GA board. I originally doubted it until I saw 4 other members also mention it. 

But I figured @ATLien12x @Fred or ECHS might have some information on it.... 

I doubt ATLien will though... 

Hes a cobb hater....

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Heard that after Coach Ford left Roswell for Buford a few of his star Athletes wasted no time hauling ass to other schools... 

And one of the schools I heard mentioned was Marietta HS. 

Marietta HS has Oscar Smiths old HC Richard Morgan. He did rough his 1st year.  5-5.  But if its true that 6 of Roswells all-stars left for Marietta then he will be making headlines very soon. 

However I have no confirmation on this aside from word of mouth from some posters on the GA board. I originally doubted it until I saw 4 other members also mention it. 

But I figured @ATLien12x @Fred or ECHS might have some information on it.... 

I doubt ATLien will though... 

Hes a cobb hater....

Two points of contention, IF I may? FIRST of all, I believe that the Maryetter head coach was an assistant at Oscar Mayer! And Maryetter was 3-7 in 2016!

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

For those who dont know I have voiced my disdain over the "benefit of a doubt" given to Roswell... 

Roswell was also a transfer ladden team much like Grayson... 

All of their D1 players save for 1 or 2 where transfers. 

I did see something on twitter about this. Harrison Bailey is gonna play ball @ Marietta.

Can you elaborate on the bold statement?

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

Yeah, apparently Marietta has picked up 11 or so DI recruits recently.

They are a city school like Buford, and are under enrolled. That is transfer breeding ground in Metro.

Morgan has way more talent to choose from now.

Keep an eye on them over the next few years.

what's marietta's classification? 

I know one thing.... These coaches better raise hell about D1 recruits all flocking to Marietta like how they did with Grayson

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I did see something on twitter about this. Harrison Bailey is gonna play ball @ Marietta.

Can you elaborate on the bold statement?

Harrison Bailey played at Marietta last year, so yeah he is. Kid played well for a Freshman. Hes going to be another 5* QB for GA in 2020.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

For those who dont know I have voiced my disdain over the "benefit of a doubt" given to Roswell... 

Roswell was also a transfer ladden team much like Grayson... 

All of their D1 players save for 1 or 2 where transfers. 

Roswells transfers, aside from their QB Malik Willis and WR Corey Reed, were NOT Seniors when they transferred in though. Unlike Grayson... who pretty much had all Senior transfers outside of DT Tru Thomlson (soph.)

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Harrison Bailey played at Marietta last year, so yeah he is. Kid played well for a Freshman. Hes going to be another 5* QB for GA in 2020.

He beat out Trevor Lawerance in a recent MVP QB camp. Not bad for the youngster.

But yeah, people will raise hell just as they have done with Buford and Grayson last year. The new director of the GHSA will have his hands full.

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Yeah, apparently Marietta has picked up 11 or so DI recruits recently.

They are a city school like Buford, and are under enrolled. That is transfer breeding ground in Metro.

Morgan has way more talent to choose from now.

Keep an eye on them over the next few years.

what is "under enrolled" mean?

18 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I figured but explain how this has anything to do with football. 

thanks

They are accepting any student transfer at the moment due to this. Being a city school, anyone can attend despite where they live. Once they reach capacity, that is less likely to occur if you do not live in the school district.

How does it relate to football? Coach Morgan can now stack his team without them making a physical move into the district like one would have to do at any county school. Its an inherent advantage in which Buford built their athletics programs off of.

I'm not sure of the current total, but apparently they have brought in 11 DI football recruits in a matter of a few months. Marietta is not receiving these types of transfers without some sort of influence.

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They are accepting any student transfer at the moment due to this. Being a city school, anyone can attend despite where they live. Once they reach capacity, that is less likely to occur if you do not live in the school district.

How does it relate to football? Coach Morgan can now stack his team without them making a physical move into the district like one would have to do at any county school. Its an inherent advantage in which Buford built their athletics programs off of.

no rules on transferring for athletics or impossible to prove? (like in NJ)

Also, how do the kids that transfer in get to school. State pays, town pays or parents pay? 

12 minutes ago, noonereal said:

why forfeit games? 

and what does this have to do with transfers

thank again

Well the forfeit is only in extreme cases.

For example.... 

A school lies about enrollment... 

Then they will be forced to forfeit... 

Marietta is a larger Buford for the most part.... 

Marietta is a Nice area as well... so they attract alot of people....