Week 9 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Just now, Omaha Vol said:

The teams they’ve both played and the way they have destroyed all of them are the reasons they are both ranked so high.

A team that's barely in the top 1000 could destroy all of the slapdicks that Oakland has played.

It's stuff like this that proves that you don't know anything about high school football.

• Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The OOS teams participating in our Trinity vs The USA event received $10k each. DLS offered more, plus the oppty to be showcased to a national audience on ESPN. Like I said before, the decision was an easy one. 

What's funny is that the timeline has already been well documented.

You lied.

Repeatedly.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 11/9/2019 at 8:48 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

The OOS teams participating in our Trinity vs The USA event received $10k each. DLS offered more, plus the oppty to be showcased to a national audience on ESPN. Like I said before, the decision was an easy one. 

My point is the best playing the best. STA and DLS are already nationally recognized and Private (pay tuition), and $10k barely covers airfare for MD’s jockstraps.

I get the money thing...and moreso for Publics. But don’t tell me money/ESPN were the only factors In essentially avoiding MD, because it just doesn’t pass the sniff test. 

STA scared...but hey, nice payday (*hold breath @ Lakeland)

On 10/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, badrouter said:

Electing to travel 2500 miles to play De La Salle at De La Salle is taking a layup? How fucking stupid...

Yes it is when compared to the opportunity to play MD, which is also 2000+ miles away. If you think about it, STA had 1 open spot to play a top OOS team and hold onto their UST #1 ranking; praying it’d be enough. Whoops, you get what you pay for.

Can’t say that about 8/10 of the other top 10 teams in the nation and their schedules...but don’t take my word or it, just take a look at SOS and the top 10 and see for yourself.

This isn’t boxing and STA isn’t Canelo. If you want to be the best, you play the best, especially if they’re available/game and wait for it...are the 2-time defending Nat Champs.

Now if you still don’t get why STA chose DLS over MD, you’re the dummy Tigercub and I give up.  Maybe these for us aren’t for you and you might feel better grabbing a 6-pack of Zima and head over and catch the 7A playoffs w/ DaGuru. 

2 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Yes it is when compared to the opportunity to play MD, which is also 2000+ miles away. If you think about it, STA had 1 open spot to play a top OOS team and hold onto their UST #1 ranking; praying it’d be enough. Whoops, you get what you pay for.

Can’t say that about 8/10 of the other top 10 teams in the nation and their schedules...but don’t take my word or it, just take a look at SOS and the top 10 and see for yourself.

This isn’t boxing and STA isn’t Canelo. If you want to be the best, you play the best, especially if they’re available/game and wait for it...are the 2-time defending Nat Champs.

Now if you still don’t get why STA chose DLS over MD, you’re the dummy Tigercub and I give up.  Maybe these for us aren’t for you and you might feel better grabbing a 6-pack of Zima and head over and catch the 7A playoffs w/ DaGuru. 

This is one example of why interest in the sport has waned significantly. It;s an incredibly stupid take, but one I acknowledge might have some truth for some people.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

This is one example of why interest in the sport has waned significantly. It;s an incredibly stupid take, but one I acknowledge might have some truth for some people.

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

And I suppose based on your negative response and lack of supporting info (other than acknowledgement that my opinion is shared by others), your post is trying to communicate what?

Use words, if you’re going to personally attack build an argument and make your case. It’s just football and I’m receptive to others opinions even if I disagree. But when you just attack the person or opinion, kinda makes you sound ignorant

8 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

My point is the best playing the best. STA and DLS are already nationally recognized and Private (pay tuition), and $10k barely covers airfare for MD’s jockstraps.

I get the money thing...and moreso for Publics. But don’t tell me money/ESPN were the only factors In essentially avoiding MD, because it just doesn’t pass the sniff test. 

STA scared...but hey, nice payday (*hold breath @ Lakeland)

He's lying to you.

You look like a clown taking him seriously.

• Thumbs Down 1