Week 9 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Just now, dntn31 said:

Source 1: Someone who's job is literally to arrange high-profile OOS HSFB games

Source 2: Someone who's job is literally to make below-average, homer posts on a message board

This has already been litigated on this very forum.

I decisively won and GSB admitted in a PM that he lied.

GSB sends mass emails to athletic directors. He basically moonlights as an email spammer. It's embarrassing that you require such little proof to carry someone's water.

I'd say do better but I'm not sure that you're capable.

17 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This past Jan at the AFCA convention -  STA was working with DLS and BC NJ on games and I reported this to @GardenStateBaller

I can't keep up with all the lies from you and the shyster.

It's all documented in this thread.

GSB lied from start to finish.

He claimed that STA was going to notify him on January 9th or 10th. Then he PMed me and said, OK, he had actually been told on January 4th.

So he was lying for several days when he told the board he was "working" on the deal with STA.

But, wait, there's more.

Now TexasBall is claiming that he told GSB about STA and DLS at the AFCA Convention in January.

But the AFCA Convention didn't start until January 5th.

Somehow TexasBall reported this to GSB while at the convention and GSB claims to have been told by STA on January 4th.

🤡

The guy is a cokehead and a liar.

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

STA is #1 in both current NFL players (2019) and current college players (2016 was the last year it was done).

They're also probably ESPN/Paragon's #1 partner for televised games every year.

So they're probably not in anybody's rear view mirror in terms of profile especially not Mater Dei.

https://bustedcoverage.com/2019/09/13/which-high-school-most-nfl-players/

2019-10-28_9-56-33.png.1d76b013609a962baa6ea64dd275cb3e.png

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/zXUMkodeekm9Wu2LtDZ6Ow/top-20-high-schools-that-produce-the-most-current-college-football-talent.htm

2019-10-28_9-51-51.png.2d7967eed09218cc2f15aa255e76646d.png

WTF is that garbage dump above 👆?  Start a separate thread about HSF-to-NFL and Top HSF Broadcast partnerships and have fun with STA top of the list. No one cares.

We are talking tiers here, as in who is the best HSF in 2019 based on available evidence including SOS, stats and expert opinion.

So Yes, based all of that, STA is lacking and you better pray you don’t lose to Lakeland again this year or dingle-berries won’t be the only thing you’re sucking year-end. 

🍆💦💩

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

How come these OOS elite teams Rarely come to Florida to play our IMG's, STA's, Miami Central - minus this year... etc?

Only Team with reall balls are DLS, DBP, Colquitt... to name a few that have come to Florida.

I'd day....there's no pesos in traveling to Florida.  I mean...if Colquitt were to travel to STA for a game...it would be a loser "financially".  If STA comes to Norman Park for that same game...both teams win "financially".

I think that's as fair of explanation as I can give.

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DBP did not play in the Trinity vs USA event. Different weekend. 

Yes, STA was in our original plans. When they bolted for DLS, which was the right move IMO, they were replaced with Milton. We then shuffled the matchups to make them more compatible. STA was originally scheduled to play MD, who then played SFA. 

Why did STA bolt for DLS and why was this the right move? Was it purely business?
Guru-dude is of the opinion DLS/STA contract agreed to Oct-18.

...kinda hard not to think STA took a lay-up vs. playing the tougher opponent in MD.

28 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

WTF is that garbage dump above 👆?  Start a separate thread about HSF-to-NFL and Top HSF Broadcast partnerships and have fun with STA top of the list. No one cares.

We are talking tiers here, as in who is the best HSF in 2019 based on available evidence including SOS, stats and expert opinion.

We were talking about high profile programs.

👇

6 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Ee: high profile programs...how far did you want to look back? I can’t even really see STA in my rear-view mirror..just giant red sun w/ 3 white stripes (recency’s a bitch). 

You would lose badly on that account and Mater Dei's not even close enough to be in STA's rear view mirror.

• Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

So Yes, based all of that, STA is lacking and you better pray you don’t lose to Lakeland again this year or dingle-berries won’t be the only thing you’re sucking year-end. 

I better pray that they don't lose to Lakeland again or else what?

They'll come back next year and still be the highest profile program in the country?

Oh no. The horror. What ever will I do then?

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'd day....there's no pesos in traveling to Florida.  I mean...if Colquitt were to travel to STA for a game...it would be a loser "financially".  If STA comes to Norman Park for that same game...both teams win "financially".

Did you get your financial education at Moultrie Community College?

St Frances Academy coach Henry Russell was asked by an Alabama reporter for his comments on playing against Bryce Young and trying to pressure him:

“The kid can throw seven touchdowns on you in one game and he can then go and rush for four touchdowns in the next one.”

A deeper look at new Alabama QB commit Bryce Young and why this is such a significant pick-up for Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide:https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/10/hes-electric-a-deeper-look-at-new-alabama-qb-commit-bryce-young.html 

Moments after receiving the shotgun snap, Bryce Young had a St. Frances linebacker charging towards him and closing in quickly.

It was a blitz from the Maryland school that worked perfectly. The linebacker was left unaccounted for and ran untouched through the middle of Young’s offensive line.

Any hesitation from Young and it would have been a sack.

Instead, it ended up being one of the first plays from Young that left St. Frances coaches looking on from the sideline in disbelief during that Sept. 14 matchup between two of the nation’s top high school football programs.

“The guy came unblocked and just drilled him and he still put the ball right on the money and completed the ball over the middle and they get the ball at the 1-yard line,” St. Frances co-head coach Henry Russell said. “That play was very special. It was like, ‘Holy crap. What are we supposed to do to stop this kid?’”

Being around top prospects is nothing new for Russell, who has coached several former and current Alabama players.

But after seeing Young — and after watching him account for 352 yards and four touchdowns during Mater Dei’s 34-18 win over his team — Russell had some lofty praise for the Crimson Tide’s new quarterback commit from California.

“Honestly, he’s probably the best high school quarterback I’ve seen in person,” said Russell, who coached in the 2018 Under Armour All-American game. “He’s electric. The poise he had and the control over the game he had for a high school kid, I haven’t seen that before. He’s special. He’s special. ... The kid made a lot of plays against us, more plays than anyone else has in a long time.”
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

MD or SJB want to come to Florida to play IMG or STA? OH hell no... . Let them come to Florida to play an elite team. Hell they scared to go play Colquitt in Gawga...

11 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Colquitt has come and played several Florida teams. But do you think MD or SJB want to come to Florida to play IMG or STA? OH hell no... But they get accused of bing scared if they don't go to California  every year... I call MD and SJB a bunch of home town binky suckers that are afraid of leaving the crib. Let them come to Florida to play an elite team. Hell they scared to go play Colquitt in Gawga...

Well...I have always been one to argue financial feasibility.  Whether STA goes West Coast or MD comes Southeast....neither one make financial sense.  Colquitt will travel.  We've done it in the past...but....mainly...it was Rush's scheduling.  Colquitt knows...we'll get our miles going north.   I mean...Interstate 75 should pay US !!!!

i've said this many times before...but when Colquitt plays at home...there are MAJOR pesos placed in our coffers.  I have been adamant about dumping the Corky Kell and bringing in a high profile team to do an opener in Mack Tharpe.  It costs us $36,000 in guaranteed ticket sales to go up to the Benz.  And that DOES NOT include travel expenses.  We could pay good money for an elite team to come to Norman Park  in late August to open the season.   And Packer Nation would EAT IT UP !!!!

But when it all comes down...it's about the pesos !!!!

Or at least it should be......

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Did you get your financial education at Moultrie Community College?

@The Guru I usually tend to stay quiet... and I’m definitely not jumping into a fight but....you obviously don’t know Rufus lol. He is one of the sharpest men I have had the pleasure to meet.....but you know what you must be right because you are “the guru”. His financial education has led him to have to spend his retirement on Amelia Island FL. Maybe I’m just simple minded but Rufus lives in my #lifegoals situation. 

EB8B8DE6-2EA8-4685-9593-C706935DB514.jpeg

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

Remind me when Colquitt came to Florida.

Well they did play Columbia... I thought that was in Florida.

BUT... You are right... I don't see any games where Colquitt come to Florida to play a regular season game.

I thought that when they had the Burger King playoffs they came but I don't see that listed anywhere either. 

Plant, Madison County etc... went to Georgia to play.

Florida almost always travels to play the elite OOS games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Well they did play Columbia... I thought that was in Florida.

BUT... You are right... I don't see any games where Colquitt come to Florida to play a regular season game.

I thought that when they had the Burger King playoffs they came but I don't see that listed anywhere either. 

Plant, Madison County etc... went to Georgia to play.

Florida almost always travels to play the elite OOS games. 

LOL...you are correct.  I'm not sure if you know HOW that game worked out.  We had a preseason game...and then we didn't.  The same thing happened to Columbia with IMG.  Both of us sitting there with no opponent.  I think GSB may have gotten involved.  All I know is Tick (the Colquitt AD) said we're going to Lake City !!!!

Packer Nation liked that idea.

It may lead to a home and home regular season deal.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

@The Guru I usually tend to stay quiet... and I’m definitely not jumping into a fight but....you obviously don’t know Rufus lol. He is one of the sharpest men I have had the pleasure to meet.....but you know what you must be right because you are “the guru”. His financial education has led him to have to spend his retirement on Amelia Island FL. Maybe I’m just simple minded but Rufus lives in my #lifegoals situation. 

EB8B8DE6-2EA8-4685-9593-C706935DB514.jpeg

"94"...don't worry yourself with the troll.

Rufus>>

• Haha 3