Colquitt 35, North Cobb 7 final

Rufus69

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It definitely makes a difference having an SEC caliber back in the game. I thought Bubba "Wallace" Spradley(not sure why Durwood decided his name was Bubba Wallace last night... maybe he's been calling some NASCAR races and got mixed up) did pretty good in the first quarter too. If we'd have kept running him, I think he'd have popped a run or four too. 

Those receivers we have are amazing though. Super proud to see Carolina get some targets... He made the most of them too. That catch for a td over the defender's back was ridiculous. 

Not too bad subbing in for injured Carter Boatwright. 

Boatright might be a good kid which I know he Is, but definitely overhyped. Prefer Carolina all day. Look forward to watching him the next couple years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Boatright might be a good kid which I know he Is, but definitely overhyped. Prefer Carolina all day. Look forward to watching him the next couple years.

I think it's hard to compare Boatright and Carolina.  I mean...we actually throw the ball to Carolina........

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

I think there has possibly aleays been a "thing" between Harden and Boatwright where... idk  Hard to explain. 

I know we've all seen Boatwright running wide open and the ball get forced to someone else in a more dangerous spot. At the end of the day, the job gets done so it is what it is I guess.

Just my observation and opinion though. There's gotta be something to it.

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think there has possibly aleays been a "thing" between Harden and Boatwright where... idk  Hard to explain. 

I know we've all seen Boatwright running wide open and the ball get forced to someone else in a more dangerous spot. At the end of the day, the job gets done so it is what it is I guess.

Your post is loaded down with.................................................truths.

I believe it goes back a ways......

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He has great hands  but I dont think he has ever broken a tackle. Goes down on first contact. As long as your moving the chains that doesnt matter. Just have to wait and see how they use him at the next level. Wish we would use the tight end more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

He has great hands  but I dont think he has ever broken a tackle. Goes down on first contact. As long as your moving the chains that doesnt matter. Just have to wait and see how they use him at the next level. Wish we would use the tight end more. 

I do agree with this assessment as well. Sadly, we haven't really gotten to see what he possibly could really do as he doesn't get the targets. 

I've seen times when there would be sure touchdowns... untouched, to him and the ball is getting forced into a crossing route in heavy traffic. I get the contact thing though. He's not really dragging folks with him to the endzone each catch, but, he really doesn't get the targets either. 

Again, not judging anyone, because, it's hard to say why the ball is going into traffic with Boatwright streaking toward the endzone with two or three steps on the coverage. Could be the play call dictating it, the qb just missing the tallest guy on the field streaking the sideline or immediate preasure keeping the qb from his progressions. Still the point remains that with film review on certain routes/coverages, maybe someone could have changed the progressions. Idk. He was targeted even less last year, but, he puts in the work blocking. 

I hate the kid is hurt. It happened almost exactly the same time last year too. One of the first practices before the first playoff game... opposite ankle. 

I also wish we would use the tight end as a receiver more. Not sure why we don't. It seems like we have in the past, then even under that staff we didn't last year, now this year, new staff, we see minimal targets until last night with Carolina subbing the position getting targeted even heavily covered. 

Something odd with all of that. 

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol, there is definitely a "thing" between them. Defenses can play 11 on 10 against us because Carter isn't getting the ball.

• Like 2

Colquitt had some great catches in that game. They matchup really well with Parkview. They’ll be able to limit their offense and simply outscore them. Really like the Packers chances to play in Georgia State Stadium for the first time. It’s a long ways away, but I think the best two teams in the state are from Region 1-7A 

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Colquitt had some great catches in that game. They matchup really well with Parkview. They’ll be able to limit their offense and simply outscore them. Really like the Packers chances to play in Georgia State Stadium for the first time. It’s a long ways away, but I think the best two teams in the state are from Region 1-7A 

I'm curious if McEachern can get by North Gwinnett myself. 

I look at who they've played and the results, then compare "daisy chain style" and find myself wondering.

McEachern barely got by Hillgrove, who lost to North Cobb and Lowndes. Lowndes by a nice margin. 

North Cobb who beat Hillgrove lost to Colquitt pretty handily. 

Interesting results imo.

• Thanks 1

Marietta won’t light up Milton’s defense next week. They’ll win because Milton is SOOOOO average on offense without any playmakers but I bet that game is closer than a lot of folks think. Going against good defenses this year Marietta has struggled to move the ball (SJP, Grayson, McEachern, and hell even Collins Hill) 

PS Collins Hill lost five games this year. All against top 10 teams (North Gwinnett, Marietta, McEachern, Archer, & Mill Creek. Didn’t give up more than 31 all season! They lack the Jimmy and Joes right now but Coach Gregory has the program heading in the right direction. Several former Grayson coaches over there now. They were young this year and finally running an offensive system that can keep their best GFL kids from moving out of district before HS starts) 

• Like 1

Lord...we have had some knock'em down - drag'em outs with Parkview over the years.  Our crowd is obnoxious.  Their crowd is obnoxious.  And both teams play hard-nosed football.

This will be a GOOD football game.  I'm hearing GPB may carry it.  I truly despise televised high school football.  It disrupts the flow of the game.  I'm also hearing the latest soap opera involving two of Colquitt's starters has been resolved and they should play in Lilburn.  But hey...we still got a week to go before the game...so let's not get all excited.  Anything CAN happen...and usually does in Norman Park.

Rufus>>