Colquitt 35, North Cobb 7 final

Rufus69

Amigos,

Listen to me.  I'm gonna give you some inside Gospel.

Tonight is "long john and scuba gear" night at the Hawg Pen.  Come prepared.  I'm afraid the weather is gonna have a say in our game against North Cobb.  Our turf is old and about half paid for...and could be slippery in certain spots.  Here's hoping we have a good map of where we greased it.

Me and Ms. Violet are coming.  I just can't stay away.  But fair warning...I may watch the 2nd half on my laptop if I feel the need (in other words if Ms. Violet feels the need).  Here's hoping we keep everybody safe...and as always....

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I will likely be standing in the rain waiting on the gate to open. Like always. 

Rain or shine, idc. I'll be there to support our kids as always. We usually have at least one nasty rain game per year, and tonight has drawn the straw I think. 

See you guys there! 

It looks like I may be working in the rain with the headlights on to the sound of Durwood and the crew in the background.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

SO IS THIS game really gonna be Qb run Left QB run middle Qb run right 

That's apparently what North Cobb is going to attempt. Look a lot like a Lowndes type offense. Built the same way. Qb with huge legs and a nice rb. 

Colquitt has tried to air it out some but the weather is not super conducive. 

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

North Cobb may have 50 or so in the stands. The Hawg Pound may be doubling that. Not sure about the home side. Maybe 1000 to 1500, I cant see this side well enough. 

I think 1500 on the home side might be close.  Very disappointing for a Packer crowd.  I drove 200 miles to sit in that "merde".  But then again...I just love it to no end.  As an aside...do you think having Mr. Edwards in the game...makes a difference?  Not sure that soap opera is completely over.

Rufus>>

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I think 1500 on the home side might be close.  Very disappointing for a Packer crowd.  I drove 200 miles to sit in that "merde".  But then again...I just love it to no end.  As an aside...do you think having Mr. Edwards in the game...makes a difference?  Not sure that soap opera is completely over.

Rufus>>

It definitely makes a difference having an SEC caliber back in the game. I thought Bubba "Wallace" Spradley(not sure why Durwood decided his name was Bubba Wallace last night... maybe he's been calling some NASCAR races and got mixed up) did pretty good in the first quarter too. If we'd have kept running him, I think he'd have popped a run or four too. 

Those receivers we have are amazing though. Super proud to see Carolina get some targets... He made the most of them too. That catch for a td over the defender's back was ridiculous. 

Not too bad subbing in for injured Carter Boatwright.