Ohio Playoffs Round 3

93CardinalsFan

2 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Just getting out of the Ed’s/Mentor. Talk about a  game of inches. My lord. Credit to Mentor on that comeback. Lombo and company going to be second guessing some of those decisions. 

Inches from Ed’s scoring at goal line and would have been 21-0

that was big

halftime adjustments did not work out this time

no shame, good game and year. Lose only twice by one point to the same team that seems to have destiny on their side 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

that was big

no shame, good game and year. Lose only twice by one point to the same team that seems to have destiny on their side 

I think the Mentor, Pick Central winner will be the D1 state champ.

14 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I think the Mentor, Pick Central winner will be the D1 state champ.

Agree, but you never know with Elder. They can literally line up and just run the ball behind their line. Not even sure why they pass. But even when they do, they're pretty good, and Royer is uncoverable. 

Their defense though is vulnerable. Dont see them stopping Pick C or Mentor. Not sure if theyll have trouble with the R2 winner

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

that was big

The one that will keep Lombo up at night was the terrible call to go for it on fourth at the 50. Two score lead. You're controlling the LOS and TOP throughout the game to that point. Bonehead move. Ed's looked like a level above Mentor for most of the game and a few bad series turned the tides. Lot of laundry on the Eagles tonight as well. 

1 minute ago, OdbCle said:

The one that will keep Lombo up at night was the terrible call to go for it on fourth at the 50. Two score lead. You're controlling the LOS and TOP throughout the game to that point. Bonehead move. Ed's looked like a level above Mentor for most of the game and a few bad series turned the tides. Lot of laundry on the Eagles tonight as well. 

I’m thinking the same 

laundry like 12-3 or more

just saw the replay on channel 19 for the 2 point conversion. Looks like Floria pushed off

oh well , good year to come this far 

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

I’m thinking the same 

laundry like 12-3 or more

just saw the replay on channel 19 for the 2 point conversion. Looks like Floria pushed off

oh well , good year to come this far 

Did Ed's pick up that fourth down by the way? It was mass confusion at the game. The side judge to closest to where Formani went down seemed to run out right at the yard to gain. The far ref ran in short. They signal Mentor ball without even measuring. Then they measure and signal Ed's first down. And then they reverse that somehow. Everyone at the game was scratching their heads. 

2 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Did Ed's pick up that fourth down by the way? It was mass confusion at the game. The side judge to closest to where Formani went down seemed to run out right at the yard to gain. The far ref ran in short. They signal Mentor ball without even measuring. Then they measure and signal Ed's first down. And then they reverse that somehow. Everyone at the game was scratching their heads. 

I thought it was a first down easily

one official had him almost one yard farther than the other 

2 hours ago, CardinalTruth said:

Honestly can say colerain missed the abilities of JT and what sparked this offense and what cleaned up the defense when need be. Still by far surpassed what I expected this year from colerain and I’ll take it. After flipping the channels a bit and the last couple weeks.... don’t sleep on PC. 

Yea, I think with JT,  Colerain takes this game. The offense was a shoestring tackle away from taking it to the house all night. JT ran through  tackles. Defense really coulda used him. It does suck that Colerain  stepped out inside the half yard line on the last play of the 1st half. Also the dropped Td pass with no defenders within 20 yds. Good game and season though. 

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea, I think with JT,  Colerain takes this game. The offense was a shoestring tackle away from taking it to the house all night. JT ran through  tackles. Defense really coulda used him. It does suck that Colerain  stepped out inside the half yard line on the last play of the 1st half. Also the dropped Td pass with no defenders within 20 yds. Good game and season though. 

You had a great run with a new coach and still the GMC champs

great year and well done!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

The Eagles too. I thought for sure Eds would take it this year. 2 losses by 2 points combined!  Mentor appears to be a team of destiny........though I thought the same thing for Colerain last year. 

Lot of good teams went down tonight not only our state but Nationwide

Colerain, Ed’s, Hoban

Allen, Colquitt, Lakeland 

tough night for the regulars 

7 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

The Eagles too. I thought for sure Eds would take it this year. 2 losses by 2 points combined!  Mentor appears to be a team of destiny........though I thought the same thing for Colerain last year. 

Certainly looks that way. Even the Mentor faithful are acknowledging the better team probably didn't win last night. Happens. Congrats on a great season for Colerain by the way. 

• Thanks 1