Calpreps breakdown of 17 states...

golfaddict1

42 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don't get what's so hard to understand that human adjustment were made.  Fl was behind Michigan, Pa, NY, and Illinois.  I mean, ararar, wouldn't you adjust that if you could?

There was an adjustment but I would like to see what process went into that adjustment and why.Echs wants me to believe Ned hates GA. and golf says Ned is a liar I'm inclined to believe it had something to do with data Ned had collected that is all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

There was an adjustment but I would like to see what process went into that adjustment and why.Echs wants me to believe Ned hates GA. and golf says Ned is a liar I'm inclined to believe it had something to do with data Ned had collected that is all

Ahh I see.   I highly doubt whoever that is hates GA, but his algorithm has needed adjustments before (Wisconsin's top teams better than FL? lol)   I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that it may need more adjusting.    

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Ahh I see.   I highly doubt whoever that is hates GA, but his algorithm has needed adjustments before (Wisconsin's top teams better than FL? lol)   I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that it may need more adjusting.    

It ain't happening. No way NY, Pa, Wi, and IL hang with Florida in 11 man football. I doubt they even hang with La or NJ. 

Golf...your point is very clear and obviously traced.  The only people that don't notice it are people that do not want to.  Pretty much only a handful of guys, either affiliated with Cali (shocker) and someone who just want to be contrarian regarding every topic (another shocker).  The conclusion you drew is pretty indisputable by anyone with a brain.

• Like 3

Calpreps is very similar to the laxpower rankings.   Those rankings show a significant advantage especially in SOS to the northeast (which is warranted).   Eventually, other state's programs will step up (maybe lol), but if/when they do an adjustment in the scale would eventually have to be made (if warranted by OOS).    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Golf...your point is very clear and obviously traced.  The only people that don't notice it are people that do not want to.  Pretty much only a handful of guys, either affiliated with Cali (shocker) and someone who just want to be contrarian regarding every topic (another shocker).  The conclusion you drew is pretty indisputable by anyone with a brain.

Thanks for your support throughout.  

Gator interesting point about the laxpower site.  FL in previous years hasn't fared well in their national ratings.   It makes sense, but the play is getting better.  Let's see where STA finishes up and hopefully the NY school who beat them runs the table with hardware and boosts their sos :) 

21 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks for your support throughout.  

Gator interesting point about the laxpower site.  FL in previous years hasn't fared well in their national ratings.   It makes sense, but the play is getting better.  Let's see where STA finishes up and hopefully the NY school who beat them runs the table with hardware and boosts their sos :) 

Florida as a state is getting better, but looking at the OOS matchups the last few years, only the tip top from FL stand any chance against those NY teams.   I guess we'll see how that team that beat STA finishes up, but I mean still, overall NE/New York etc are king.   I'm still waiting to see St. Andrews or Highland actually beat Boys Latin lol.   

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 2:32 PM, noonereal said:

could you give me a link from Ned that explains this?

thanks

Could you explain to me what you base your opinion on in reference to this?

thanks

---------------------------

I'll ask the rest of my questions after I get the reply to these.

Thanks

On 5/2/2017 at 3:29 PM, noonereal said:

I caution everyone to be very weary of the anti Cal mathematicians. 

It did not take me long to find the source of Golf's quote. 

Guess what, besides calling Ned a liar, the quote is from  8 man football and is embellished. 

This is why he would not offer a link. 

You got your link now dbag.

On 5/2/2017 at 4:01 PM, golfaddict1 said:

AZ was in the cellar of the 17 schools listed in prior chart.  Theirs sos boosted up a little bit and boom... more depth of teams rated. 

The interesting thing on this is you would not find a long-time follower of Arizona high school football that would say the "depth" has improved since 2007-if anything, the absolute free-fall of top-tier (or close to it) inner-city programs has made the state more top-heavy in terms of talent.  In 2007 Sunnyside from Tucson's southside was an absolute bear; Phoenix South Mountain was a state semifinalist in the second-highest division, and district counterpart Phoenix North was in the same position in 2005.  You also had Westview and Marcos de Niza (two schools who demographically are on the fringe of that "inner-city" title) at or near peak power, and the same principle players we have now were at the top of their divisions as well (you can sub Hamilton for Chandler in 5A-1, Centennial was in year two of their near four-year tear in 5A-2, Saguaro notched their first undefeated season that year and was a year away from their best-ever team).

Incidentally I think it's pretty obvious that the one division where depth has improved in Arizona is in the 3A ranks (bolstered by the elimination of an entire division since 2007, the rise of suburban charter schools like American Leadership Academy, and sagging enrollment at former "large schools" a la Tucson Sabino) yet in 2007 you had a pair of 3A schools (Show Low and Blue Ridge) in CalPreps' Arizona top five but none to be found in the 2016 edition.  

• Like 1