A Question For The Board About The CFP

Rufus69

22 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Does anybody other than me believe...that no mater what...win or lose....OSU, LSU and Clemson are in...and that the only thing to be mulled over is the No.4 spot?

Rufus>>

I think the only scenario would be that if both LSU and Clemson lose.

OSU, Georgia, & LSU are in. 

Clemson, Utah, or Big 12 champ all have an argument then. Clemson probably gets the nod, but style points in Pac12/Big12 championship game could sneak one of those teams in.

With that being said, Clemson by 40....

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Does anybody other than me believe...that no mater what...win or lose....OSU, LSU and Clemson are in...and that the only thing to be mulled over is the No.4 spot?

Rufus>>

Yeah no matter what, they are in. 

IMO Clemson is the likeliest to not make it if they lose simply because they has the weakest schedule, but Im going to assume they make it even if they lose. I mean does Clemson even have 1 ranked win? I dont think so.  LSU and OSU are LOCKS. 

Now I definitely think Clemson is one of the 4 best teams... In fact Clemson is MY favorite to win the NC again.

That said, if LSU beats Georgia... All Utah has to do is win and they are in. Its clear the committee likes them more than Oklahoma. I honestly believe they want to give a Pac12 team a chance... Oklahomas had their chance and they are eliminated in the semis every single time... Enough of their pretending ass already.

If Baylor absolutely crushes Oklahoma, they have a legit shot at that #4 spot. I dont think anyo e else matters... Its Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor.... BUT if Georgia beats LSU none of this matters... Itll be Ohio St. vs. LSU and Clemson vs. Georgia in the Semis.

10 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I’m not sold on OU and even less so with Utah.  There’s got to be a better option.

Both are pretenders... Especially OU, but the committee seems to like Utah. If Utah wins AND Georgia loses... Utah will be #4 period.

If Oklahoma or Baylor crush the other... Then yeah they have a real argument. But Utah has been ahead of both of those teams since the beginning, Utah will stay ahead of them if they lose. And Oklahoma has the worst loss of the 3 (Baylor,Utah,OU). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mje44 said:

I think the only scenario would be that if both LSU and Clemson lose.

OSU, Georgia, & LSU are in. 

Clemson, Utah, or Big 12 champ all have an argument then. Clemson probably gets the nod, but style points in Pac12/Big12 championship game could sneak one of those teams in.

With that being said, Clemson by 40....

Georgia only in if they win

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Both are pretenders... Especially OU, but the committee seems to like Utah. If Utah wins AND Georgia loses... Utah will be #4 period.

If Oklahoma or Baylor crush the other... Then yeah they have a real argument. But Utah has been ahead of both of those teams since the beginning, Utah will stay ahead of them if they lose. And Oklahoma has the worst loss of the 3 (Baylor,Utah,OU). 

Utah isn't that bad, pretty balanced overall

In fact if what is expected to happen does happen the only team in CFP who will not be a balanced team will be LSU, Utah, Clemson and Ohio State all have solid defenses and offensive firepower

LSU defense is a huge red flag

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah no matter what, they are in. 

IMO Clemson is the likeliest to not make it if they lose simply because they has the weakest schedule, but Im going to assume they make it even if they lose. I mean does Clemson even have 1 ranked win? I dont think so.  LSU and OSU are LOCKS. 

Now I definitely think Clemson is one of the 4 best teams... In fact Clemson is MY favorite to win the NC again.

That said, if LSU beats Georgia... All Utah has to do is win and they are in. Its clear the committee likes them more than Oklahoma. I honestly believe they want to give a Pac12 team a chance... Oklahomas had their chance and they are eliminated in the semis every single time... Enough of their pretending ass already.

If Baylor absolutely crushes Oklahoma, they have a legit shot at that #4 spot. I dont think anyo e else matters... Its Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor.... BUT if Georgia beats LSU none of this matters... Itll be Ohio St. vs. LSU and Clemson vs. Georgia in the Semis.

I pretty much agree...but I think Clemson has Dabo...and he's doing a masterful job with the committee at the moment.  North Morven says it's Georgia vs Oklahoma in the Sugar.

Yawn....

Rufus>>

16 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I’m not sold on OU and even less so with Utah.  There’s got to be a better option.

Oklahoma with 6 wins within a TD or less. 

Utah has literally been killing everyone. I'll give the Big 12 a nod on the Pac 12, but not by much.

By almost every statistical measurement Utah is the better team. & its not really that close. 

I don't think people realize that Utah has as much NFL talent as anyone

Utah beats them 8 out of 10 times imo 

44 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Utah isn't that bad, pretty balanced overall

In fact if what is expected to happen does happen the only team in CFP who will not be a balanced team will be LSU, Utah, Clemson and Ohio State all have solid defenses and offensive firepower

LSU defense is a huge red flag

LSU D isnt as bad as people are making it out to be. A lot of the points scored on them are scored after the game is well in hand.

35 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Oklahoma with 6 wins within a TD or less. 

Utah has literally been killing everyone. I'll give the Big 12 a nod on the Pac 12, but not by much.

By almost every statistical measurement Utah is the better team. & its not really that close. 

I don't think people realize that Utah has as much NFL talent as anyone

Utah beats them 8 out of 10 times imo 

Lol. Utah doesnt have as much NFL talent as OSU, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, or Georgia. They are a good team though. Theres just a few teams on an entirely different level this year.

47 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I pretty much agree...but I think Clemson has Dabo...and he's doing a masterful job with the committee at the moment.  North Morven says it's Georgia vs Oklahoma in the Sugar.

Yawn....

Rufus>>

Georgias going to beat LSU. 

Ive made 2... I guaran-fucking-tee you predictions.

One was STA losing to Centennial AZ. Everyone said BS.

I guaranteed LSU was going to beat Alabama. A lot of people said BS.

... Hear me ... Georgia is going to beat LSU. 

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If it happens it will likely come down to LSU offense going cold and UGA scoring what they need to

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Man...if we had all our bullets...I'd love our chances.  I'm just not sure we have enough firepower.

But I'll vote with you.....

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol. Utah doesnt have as much NFL talent as OSU, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, or Georgia. They are a good team though. Theres just a few teams on an entirely different level this year.

Maybe not as much first round talent and definitely not across all grade levels but they have 9 players that are projected to get drafted in 2020, with 6 of those on defense.

They clearly aren't a recruiting machine like the others but when half of your defense is getting drafted I think you have to put them into the elite talent category. 

Point is that most of the country is blind to how real Utah is. 

1 minute ago, mje44 said:

Maybe not as much first round talent and definitely not across all grade levels but they have 9 players that are projected to get drafted in 2020, with 6 of those on defense.

They clearly aren't a recruiting machine like the others but when half of your defense is getting drafted I think you have to put them into the elite talent category. 

Point is that most of the country is blind to how real Utah is. 

I agree with you.

Most people that know have been high on utah since the beginning of the year. They are a legit team. 

Heres there weakness. Their secondary isnt great. Ohio state if they play utah should be able to expose that

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with you.

Most people that know have been high on utah since the beginning of the year. They are a legit team. 

Heres there weakness. Their secondary isnt great. Ohio state if they play utah should be able to expose that

I was at the USC Utah game. Definitely a weak spot.

Utah won the line of scrimmage battle but huge plays killed them. 

Don't think Utah beats LSU, Clemson, or OSU, but I think they beat Georgia and easily beat Oklahoma 

2 minutes ago, mje44 said:

I was at the USC Utah game. Definitely a weak spot.

Utah won the line of scrimmage battle but huge plays killed them. 

Don't think Utah beats LSU, Clemson, or OSU, but I think they beat Georgia and easily beat Oklahoma 

I agree with 99% of it. Idk if they beat beat Oklahoma. I know they lost to k state plus other very close wins. But their offense clicks and idk if utah can keep up

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Well...we get Pickens for the 2nd half in Atlanta.  They ruled not to sit him for the entire game.  Will wonders never cease....

Rufus>>

On 12/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, ECHS05 said:

Great pick here.