Living in Utah

ChimpGrip

On 12/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, Sweetlarry said:

Haven’t been there for a while, but love the area. I grew up in the Glendale neighborhood of SLC. It was a lower/middle class area with a lot of us minorities. Mexicans and Polynesians mostly.

Cedar log homes are on or near the mountains. Beautiful and well made.

Very interesting. I'd love to have a cabin out there on something like a 4000 acre ranch.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Has anyone here live or ever lived in Utah? How was it? How popular are cedar log homes in the more rural areas? Is Mitt Romney really that popular out there?

No romney is not popular 

Romney’s approval rate among “strong Republicans” is actually underwater: Only 40% approve of him, while 59% disapprove of him.

• Like 1

Utah has changed quite a bit over the last 20 yrs. Opioid and gang violence is huge right now. The state is run by the church, so bar close early beer is not strong and shaker joints are not as common as other cities. So if you’re going to Utah for the night life stay home.

If you love the outdoors Utah is for you. Hunting and fly fishing is second to none. We have quite a few beautiful golf courses. Winter is amazing. They do not call it the “Greatest Snow on Earth” for nothing. If you love to ski and snowboard go to Utah. Park City is a great little town, Snowbird is a hell of good time as is Solitude, Snow Basin, Deer Valley and others. If you want to get out of the cold during winter drive abt 6 hours south and you can be in Vegas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Utah has changed quite a bit over the last 20 yrs. Opioid and gang violence is huge right now. The state is run by the church, so bar close early beer is not strong and shaker joints are not as common as other cities. So if you’re going to Utah for the night life stay home.

If you love the outdoors Utah is for you. Hunting and fly fishing is second to none. We have quite a few beautiful golf courses. Winter is amazing. They do not call it the “Greatest Snow on Earth” for nothing. If you love to ski and snowboard go to Utah. Park City is a great little town, Snowbird is a hell of good time as is Solitude, Snow Basin, Deer Valley and others. If you want to get out of the cold during winter drive abt 6 hours south and you can be in Vegas. 

Agreed. As far as the gangs go, I would have a place out in the country. Either a cozy, smaller cabin or something like a 4000-5000 sq ft cedar house. 

30 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No romney is not popular 

Romney’s approval rate among “strong Republicans” is actually underwater: Only 40% approve of him, while 59% disapprove of him.

Aside from his politics (love it or hate it), I am interested to learn how he was successful in business. I know he makes 8 figures a year.