Must See: Ricky Gervais "entertaining" the Hollywood Elite

Blueliner

21 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

They don't practice what they preach...and they preach A LOT from their ivory towers

That would merely be the beginning. There are a 100 reasons as to why that they got flamed (exposed) the way that they did. Hard to claim a conspiracy theory like every leftist likes to claim on whenever the accusations fly against them....when it was one of their own that did the flaming🤣

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I'm curious as to what these people did to make you all so angry.  How have they affected you in such a negative way?  

idk but it seems you all just like to bitch about things that have nothing to do with you.  Is it because they have opinions?  

Btw, I could care less what anybody in Hollywood says or does.  I don't watch those stupid award shows.  

Ya know what? After seeing this, I'm starting to warm up to the creeps in Pervertwood. Enjoy.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/michael-moore-apologizes-iran-us-airstrike-qassem-soleimani-trump

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I'm curious as to what these people did to make you all so angry.  How have they affected you in such a negative way?  

idk but it seems you all just like to bitch about things that have nothing to do with you.  Is it because they have opinions?  

Btw, I could care less what anybody in Hollywood says or does.  I don't watch those stupid award shows.  

It's good for us, because it's good for our society, when public figures are rightly criticized, especially in an effective way, because it reaffirms our values.

We're not much for hypocrisy, self-importance, self-aggrandizement, paternalism, sanctimoniousness, etc.

It was good for Ricky Gervais to tell his peers to stop "lecturing" the public -- his word, not mine -- because they are hypocritical, out of touch, and uneducated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

It's good for us, because it's good for our society, when public figures are rightly criticized, especially in an effective way, because it reaffirms our values.

We're not much for hypocrisy, self-importance, self-aggrandizement, paternalism, sanctimoniousness, etc.

Sounds like many large areas of industry.  Pro sports come to mind but we don't get angry at ALL  pro athletes but instead condemn the bad ones who do not reaffirm our values.

It was good for Ricky Gervais to tell his peers to stop "lecturing" the public -- his word, not mine -- because they are hypocritical, out of touch, and uneducated. 

I can agree with all this but that does not answer my question.  The question was why the anger.  I am not questioning the criticism of Hollywood being self-important, self-aggrandizement, etc. but the vitriol and anger, at apparently anybody who happens to work in the film/TV world, just seems a bit unnecessary and over the top.  I truly do not understand why people choose to be angry at other people they don't even know and that have not done anything to harm them in any way.  

Everyone can choose to be pissed all the time if they wanted to, it's just a poor choice and a waste of time.  Imho

Reading the comments after viewing some of the news outlet reports on his monologue... its clear most of the country is definately tired of the far left. Very few if any of those I read critisized it. Common sense may finally be prevailing.

As an asside... This will be a great set up for whoever hosts the Acadamy Awards.