Nancy caving on impeachment

Bormio

39 minutes ago, Bormio said:

... boy, that’s a stunner.  After digging a hole nearly to China

Hahaha.  What a joke.  Turns out you don’t have “leverage” when what your holding on to is a shit sandwich.   

Of course she could have actually tried to subpoena these “important witnesses” and/or enforce any subpoenas Trump may have told his people not to comply with.  You know, actually investigated this thing and try to force Trump’s hand on “obstruction”.  But like all government employees she didn’t want to actually do any actual work 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Like why the F not enforce a subpoena on Giuliani?  He’s the alleged bag man for Trump on this.  And truth be told he seems kinda deranged at this point; who knows what whacky stuff he might say under intense questioning?  And if he refuses to comply you get a nice PR fight over executive privilege/abuse of power and maybe even get a judge to throw him in jail for contempt?  

You were willing to go the initial step for documents he may have, why not push it if this whole thing is truly is a “Grave Threat”©️™️®️ To our constitutional republic?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Like why the F not enforce a subpoena on Giuliani?  He’s the alleged bag man for Trump on this.  And truth be told he seems kinda deranged at this point; who knows what whacky stuff he might say under intense questioning?  And if he refuses to comply you get a nice PR fight over executive privilege/abuse of power and maybe even get a judge to throw him in jail for contempt?  

You were willing to go the initial step for documents he may have, why not push it if this whole thing is truly is a “Grave Threat”©️™️®️ To our constitutional republic?

Trump can stop anyone from testifying due to executive privilege 

Giuliani is trump personal lawyer 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Trump can stop anyone from testifying due to executive privilege 

Giuliani is trump personal lawyer 

I don’t pretend to be an expert here, but I do know Trump’s assertion of the privilege isn’t the end - the Democrats can always fight that in court.

if he’s a personal lawyer (I.e. not the presidents lawyer) only you could argue that the privilege doesn’t apply for instance.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I don’t pretend to be an expert here, but I do know Trump’s assertion of the privilege isn’t the end - the Democrats can always fight that in court.

But ur talking about subpoena his personal lawyer. He would never speak out on his client

Attorney client privilege 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But ur talking about subpoena his personal lawyer. He would never speak out on his client

Attorney client privilege 

Again I think that’s a good argument.  But there are exceptions to privilege and my bigger point is that Dems are full of shit on this.  if they felt strongly they could fight it. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Again I think that’s a good argument.  But there are exceptions to privilege and my bigger point is that Dems are full of shit on this.  if they felt strongly they could fight it. 

Yeah exceptions are like if I go to my lawyer and say I have killed someone they cant exactly hide that. 

Just like u cant go to a doctor and ask for someone health information that would violate HIPAA laws. 

Without attorney client privilege you could never trust your lawyer to act honestly on your behalf. 

This is a good article 

https://abalegalfactcheck.com/articles/attorney-client-privilege.html

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

Remember when Nancy was the shrewdest politician ever, and was playing Drumpf like a fiddle? She literally stole the idea of holding the articles from some dumb TV talking head.

That was awesome lol.

Nbcnews has an article out today about how Pelosi is a hypocrite 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, Hardcore Troubador said:

Bolton wont testify

Trump has used his executive privilege to stop it

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Bolton wont testify

Source?  Has Bolton actually been called to testify?  Has Trump actually invoked executive privilege?  Or has he just threatened to do so if Bolton is called to testify?  And even if he has, maybe Democrats just leave it at that.  But again the privilege doesn’t stop them from going to court to challenge it.  And a court may find the privilege is inapplicable in this case for some reason.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Bolton wont testify

I just think it’s amazing that they never even really tried to pursue his, or any other major White House official’s testimony during the whole “investigation”.  Shows what a farce it was from start to finish.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I just think it’s amazing that they never even really tried to pursue his, or any other major White House official’s testimony during the whole “investigation”.  Shows what a farce it was from start to finish.

Of course it's a farce. And it hasnt helped the democrats at all