So Is Pence Out and Putin In For 2020 VP?

Rufus69

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Conch my comment has nothing to do with the Dem or Republican Party.  The AA community needs to focus on changing or economic prosperity through business ownership and entrepreneurship along with a few other things.  I’m less concerned with where we place our party allegiance.  

I hear you.

Yet politics will play a large part in this, no?  Trump proposes prosperity zones, for example.  The Dems tend to handouts and dependence. How has that worked out?

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I hear you.

Yet politics will play a large part in this, no?  Trump proposes prosperity zones, for example.  The Dems tend to handouts and dependence. How has that worked out?

dependence is a personal trait that has to be unlearned.  The focus needs to shift to  empowerment, initiative, education and community support.  National politics overall is less impactful to those objectives.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

dependence is a personal trait that has to be unlearned.  The focus needs to shift to  empowerment, initiative, education and community support.  National politics overall is less impactful to those objectives.  

And how is local politics going to change?  For millions of urban African Americans, the Democratic Party is all they know. The cities and the schools are run by the Dems and have been for generations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

And how is local politics going to change?  For millions of urban African Americans, the Democratic Party is all they know. The cities and the schools are run by the Dems and have been for generations.

By educating communities on education, economics, etc  and holding leadership accountable in those areas.  

There’s a lot communities can do and that extends to those that have financial means to invest back in those communities and keep $$ in those areas.  

IMO wealth and focused objectives change politics not the other way around. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

By educating communities on education, economics, etc  and holding leadership accountable in those areas.  

There’s a lot communities can do and that extends to those that have financial means to invest back in those communities and keep $$ in those areas.  

IMO wealth and focused objectives change politics not the other way around. 

What you suggest hasn't happened in the last 5 or 6 decades. Why is that?

I respect your optimism, but...

1 hour ago, concha said:

What you suggest hasn't happened in the last 5 or 6 decades. Why is that?

I respect your optimism, but...

Well part of the reason is the communities we tried to build were destroyed 5 or 6 decades ago and parts of integration took away the AA developing middle class.  Major factors in slowing wealth building.  

However, I’m far from a lone thinker in this.  Many AA are advocating refocusing our attention on rebuilding our communities and shoving away from partisan loyalty.  There are plenty that are rising up and rejecting partisan politics.  It will become a movement and not just a moment in response to the current political environment 

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Well part of the reason is the communities we tried to build were destroyed 5 or 6 decades ago and parts of integration took away the AA developing middle class.  Major factors in slowing wealth building.  

However, I’m far from a lone thinker in this.  Many AA are advocating refocusing our attention on rebuilding our communities and shoving away from partisan loyalty.  There are plenty that are rising up and rejecting partisan politics.  It will become a movement and not just a moment in response to the current political environment 

I hope you are right. Time is on your side. 

• Like 1