So Is Pence Out and Putin In For 2020 VP?

Rufus69

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yup.  And the NYT/WaPo just regurgitates this crap fed to them.  No skepticism on their part.  As long as it fits the narrative and benefits the DNC et al.  They are nothing but prostitutes for the entrenched power structure in Washington.  But people ignore the screeching headlines - because 4 times out of 5 it is overblown, inaccurate or simply made up.

• Like 1

Democrats have become a party for white LIBERALS.  White and pro-life - go to the GOP.  White and pro-gun - go to the GOP.  White and concerned about illegal immigration - your home is the GOP.  White and a coal worker - the GOP is for you.  And they wonder why there is no one left to stop Sanders.  Sorry - the deplorables all went bye-bye.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s the only way they know how to compete. Lying and cheating used to work in the 90s. No longer in 2020. #KAG 

LOL..lying huh??….how many more lies do the dems have to tell to get up to Trump's 16,000+ lies??….lies??..LOL...it's the only way Trump knows how to communicate to his minions...:$

cheating??..he did that too by asking a Pres. of a foreign country to get involved in our election...:$

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

LOL..lying huh??….how many more lies do the dems have to tell to get up to Trump's 16,000+ lies??….lies??..LOL...it's the only way Trump knows how to communicate to his minions...:$

cheating??..he did that too by asking a Pres. of a foreign country to get involved in our election...:$

😭👶🐑

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, noonereal said:

If you are serious.... you just can't live lief like that. (IMHO, of course)

I just don't get it. In a ruby red state you fear a lone car scratcher? 

ll i can say is that i am very different.

probably why i like you so much, you make me see a different perspective and don't post as  mindless dullard like most 

Just this week in Indiana (a deeply red state) a couple intentionally forced 2 teenagers riding bicycles with Trump flags on them off the road by swerving their car at them.  A little more serious than the lone car-scratcher.  The driver got out of the car and tore the Trump flags off the bicycles.

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Just this week in Indiana (a deeply red state) a couple intentionally forced 2 teenagers riding bicycles with Trump flags on them off the road by swerving their car at them.  A little more serious than the lone car-scratcher.  The driver got out of the car and tore the Trump flags off the bicycles.

Psychos..hope they had their cell phones filming

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ve always wondered why African-Americans would support the party that started slavery vs the one that ended it. Makes no sense. I guess it’s just more proof that brainwashing, lying and cheating worked like a charm years ago. Not in today’s world, thank goodness. #blexit 

They don't support the party that started slavery.  Now you don't have to wonder.  

10 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Do you ever post a link?  I guess I'll just take your word for this?  

15 minutes ago, Bormio said:

and someone got hit by lightening! 

get my point?

BTW, I have FLorida State tonight and had to give 3.... WTF!?

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

does it matter?

it's a logical fallacy if it happened or not

one incident does not support a (implied) claim that anyone with a Trump banner will be victimized 

The claim was not anyone would be victimized.  The claim was vandalism of that sort is not rare anymore and I did not want to risk it

43 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You had to quote a single incident from several states away... it is very rare

My guess is that you have a better chance of being struck by lightening. 

That was assault - that probably is fairly rare - certainly not unheard of.  Vandalism is much more common.  You seemed to think it could not happen in a red state.  It does.

11 minutes ago, Bormio said:

That was assault - that probably is fairly rare - certainly not unheard of.  Vandalism is much more common.  You seemed to think it could not happen in a red state.  It does.

anything is POSSIBLE 

The likelihood, very low. VERY.

Honest, I just could not live like that. 

I am not so presumptuous to say my way is the right way, I am simply saying, IMO, you are making decisions based on emotion not objective thought considering probabilities. 

Chinatown in Manhattan is empty because of the fear of the virus. (not a case found there yet, not a one) Guess where I am eating tomorrow? 

We are all different. 

23 minutes ago, Bormio said:

On 911, I saw the second plane hit. Later that day we had the roads closed down, our park converted to a heliport, tanks in the street,  army with machine guns in the subway,  our ice rink was converted to a morgue, or docks to a triage center. 

That night I saw that in St. Louis how they had armed guards at the arch to protect it.

I flipped out. I said to the people in the room that I'd sleep on top of the thing with no guards and have a great nights sleep. No one was gonna storm an arch in Missouri on 911. 

I am not a tough guy, not at all. I am simply one who figures things rationally. What are the probabilities, odds? Not, OMG, the sky is falling. 

Peace out, I won both games tonight! 

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ve always wondered why African-Americans would support the party that started slavery vs the one that ended it. Makes no sense. I guess it’s just more proof that brainwashing, lying and cheating worked like a charm years ago. Not in today’s world, thank goodness. #blexit 

You have plenty of AA on here that can give you a thorough history on why.  For starters it has nothing to do with slavery and a lot to do with civil rights passage under Kennedy and Johnson and political candidacy representation under the same party.  At the same time republican candidate Barry Goldwater in ‘64 described parts of the civil rights passage as unconstitutional. (Politically not a good look for AA support on a generation changing law) These actions in tandem pushed blacks primarily towards one party.  

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You have plenty of AA on here that can give you a thorough history on why.  For starters it has nothing to do with slavery and a lot to do with civil rights passage under Kennedy and Johnson and political candidacy representation under the same party.  At the same time republican candidate Barry Goldwater in ‘64 described parts of the civil rights passage as unconstitutional. (Politically not a good look for AA support on a generation changing law) These actions in tandem pushed blacks primarily towards one party.  

Not disputing this, but being so affiliated with one party likely diminishes AA political power.  Democrats take their votes for granted, and Republicans see little benefit in competing for them.  The rise in Hispanic political power recently seen is due in part to rising numbers, but also due to a more balanced political allegiance than with AA.  Hispanic votes are seen as being in flux - AA will accrue more power when theirs are too.

41 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Not disputing this, but being so affiliated with one party likely diminishes AA political power.  Democrats take their votes for granted, and Republicans see little benefit in competing for them.  The rise in Hispanic political power recently seen is due in part to rising numbers, but also due to a more balanced political allegiance than with AA.  Hispanic votes are seen as being in flux - AA will accrue more power when theirs are too.

I was answering his question on how the allegiance started, although prior to civil rights (1920-1840s) AA leaned Republican.  

Agree on Dems taking votes for granted, true power will come when we acquire economic wealth along with rising numbers to influence politics.  No one truly cares about a base that doesn’t have financial clout and is only a benefactor from political decisions 

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I was answering his question on how the allegiance started, although prior to civil rights (1920-1840s) AA leaned Republican.  

Agree on Dems taking votes for granted, true power will come when we acquire economic wealth along with rising numbers to influence politics.  No one truly cares about a base that doesn’t have financial clout and is only a benefactor from political decisions 

Not sure how black America is going to materially benefit from continued (and almost monolithic) support of the Dems.

Frankly,  the economic improvement of AA's is in respects counter to the interests of the Dem Party (though of course the rhetoric says otherwise).  And Latinos are now the preferred minority demographic given numbers at very least. Dems will do the usual pandering, with no results (as usual) as they recognize that without African Americans continuing to vote 90%+ for them, they are history at the polling booth. This is one of the DNC's great fears for 2020 (amongst many at this point, what a train wreck).  Trump's approval in the AA community is showing 30%+ in multiple polls. Serious problems for Dems if AA voting drops into the 80s for them.

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Not sure how black America is going to materially benefit from continued (and almost monolithic) support of the Dems.

Frankly,  the economic improvement of AA's is in respects counter to the interests of the Dem Party (though of course the rhetoric says otherwise).  And Latinos are now the preferred minority demographic given numbers at very least. Dems will do the usual pandering, with no results (as usual) as they recognize that without African Americans continuing to vote 90%+ for them, they are history at the polling booth. This is one of the DNC's great fears for 2020 (amongst many at this point, what a train wreck).  Trump's approval in the AA community is showing 30%+ in multiple polls. Serious problems for Dems if AA voting drops into the 80s for them.

Conch my comment has limited focus on the Dem or Republican Party.  The AA community needs to focus on changing our economic prosperity through business ownership and entrepreneurship along with a few other things.  I’m less concerned with where we place our party allegiance.  

• Like 3