Ryanair CEO

Mjd33

Says Muslims more likely to be bombers and should be profiled at airports. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ceo-one-worlds-largest-airlines-173741520.html

In other breaking news, water is in fact wet! 

Who’s the bitch I was arguing about this shit weeks ago? Was it you @HawgGoneIt? Can you believe the CEO’s comments? He’s obviously a KKK member too right? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We certainly weren't arguing. You are a bigot plain and simple. I was just man enough to say it to you. 

I'd say it to your face too. I believe you are a punk ass bigot bitch. :D

Is the CEO of one of the world’s largest airlines also a bigot? 

6 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Is the Ryanair CEO also a bigot? 

It's up in the air at the moment. As we type, his company is in damage control trying to walk back the statement. 

You on the other hand are trying to use it to double down on your own ignorance and are doing just as badly as before at trying to disprove you are a bigot. xD

I'm gonna guess that before it is all said and done, that CEO will have issued some statement that tries to clarify what he meant because he wasn't hiding behind an anonymous screen name like you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm gonna guess that before it is all said and done, that CEO will have issued some statement that tries to clarify what he meant

Pretty sure his comments are crystal clear. 

99% of the comments on the article also agree with him did you notice? 

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-boss-michael-oleary-accused-of-racism-for-saying-terrorists-are-generally-muslim-men-11940064

Just like I said. They claim he didn't mean it. It came out wrong. He didn't mean to say it that way or whatever. 

You, well, you get a pass because nobody knows who you are hiding behind mjd whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was just man enough to say it to you. 

Yes, you are quite manly. 

How do you walk around with those ginormous balls of yours calling someone you don’t know a bigot from behind your smart phone. You sir, are a fucking man if I say so myself! Bravo. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Hawg,

While I agree statements need to be carefully worded,  would you seriously argue that historically airline bombing and hijacking perps do indeed share certain traits. Is being Muslim one of them?

Why would I argue that? In recent times, that has been the trend. At the same time, you can't out and say you intend on profiling single Muslim males. Are they running around carrying a card that says, "Hey, I'm a Muslim." 

I happen to know quite a few African-Americans that could be single travelling Muslims. How do you identify them separate from single black Christian men if they aren't advertising it. 

I guess maybe the idea is to pull aside "for sure" Muslims? 

It would also be dumb as shit to telegraph that you intend to pull aside the single men. Hell, now they know your intention. The CEO even says let the women and children get a pass. Jesus. Ignorance man. 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why would I argue that? In recent times, that has been the trend. At the same time, you can't out and say you intend on profiling single Muslim males. Are they running around carrying a card that says, "Hey, I'm a Muslim." 

I happen to know quite a few African-Americans that could be single travelling Muslims. How do you identify them separate from single black Christian men if they aren't advertising it. 

I guess maybe the idea is to pull aside "for sure" Muslims? 

It would also be dumb as shit to telegraph that you intend to pull aside the single men. Hell, now they know your intention. The CEO even says let the women and children get a pass. Jesus. Ignorance man. 

"Recent times" is about 50 years now.

Isn't the intent the guy put forth to give some extra scrutiny to a known, clear profile?

Isn't that a sensible approach?

Or is the proverbial little old lady from Pasadena likely to be worth equal time and effort?

If a robberies are being committed in an area by tall, young males, the police don't begin an investigation spending time looking at files of older people, midgets, women, kids etc, right?

Is not the following true (certainly in the historical context of air travel)?  "Not all Muslims are terrorists (overwhelmingly so), BUT most terrorists are Muslim?" As oppose to the bigoted phrase "All Muslims are terrorists" ("bigoted" used as opposed to "racist" given that "Muslim" is not a racial description).

A day spent away from internet idiots is a great day.

We've been partying down here even that comes with a price. Somehow 2 people have been tragically killed by tandem floats. Let me give you some advice if you are ever at a Mardi Gras. The beads/throws will come to you. Do not attack the floats or try to beat the floats and know that millions of beads on the street are slippery almost ice like.  Damn!

Anyways, NO more tandem floats this Carnival. They have been banned! I actually saw this float as this parade almost reaches my house. 

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

A day spent away from internet idiots is a great day.

We've been partying down here even that comes with a price. Somehow 2 people have been tragically killed by tandem floats. Let me give you some advice if you are ever at a Mardi Gras. The beads/throws will come to you. Do not attack the floats or try to beat the floats and know that millions of beads on the street are slippery almost ice like.  Damn!

Anyways, NO more tandem floats this Carnival. They have been banned! I actually saw this float as this parade almost reaches my house. 

Near your swamp? So these floats really do float!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, concha said:

"Recent times" is about 50 years now.

Isn't the intent the guy put forth to give some extra scrutiny to a known, clear profile?

Isn't that a sensible approach?

Or is the proverbial little old lady from Pasadena likely to be worth equal time and effort?

If a robberies are being committed in an area by tall, young males, the police don't begin an investigation spending time looking at files of older people, midgets, women, kids etc, right?

Is not the following true (certainly in the historical context of air travel)?  "Not all Muslims are terrorists (overwhelmingly so), BUT most terrorists are Muslim?" As oppose to the bigoted phrase "All Muslims are terrorists" ("bigoted" used as opposed to "racist" given that "Muslim" is not a racial description).

I don't see it as any different than someone saying, any single white guy walking into a predominantly African-American church should be patted down. Stop and frisk any single white male before he can enter. 

Same shit. 

If that is fine and dandy by everyone, then, maybe it's fine and dandy to stop and frisk every single middle eastern male attempting to board a Ryanaire flight. 

Plane bombings and hijackings have been very low since 2011. The current methods are working just fine I'd say. That means the CEO's commentary caused a shitstorm for what? Something that is happening less than 0.01% of the time anyway. 

Racial profiling is bullshit no matter how you slice it. 

Not all Muslims are middle eastern, so, just saying stop all single Muslim men is dumb as shit. It's kind of bigoted, and it's impossible to do when you can't identify them all. I assume the CEO's real intent was to single out middle eastern men. Men with beards? Men with accents? Idk. 

It was unnecessary for him to even say given how safe it is to fly today anyway. It speaks directly to a certain group of "commenters" that automatically and ignorantly connect the word "Muslim" with brown or middle eastern people.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't see it as any different than someone saying, any single white guy walking into a predominantly African-American church should be patted down. Stop and frisk any single white male before he can enter. 

Same shit. 

If that is fine and dandy by everyone, then, maybe it's fine and dandy to stop and frisk every single middle eastern male attempting to board a Ryanaire flight. 

Plane bombings and hijackings have been very low since 2011. The current methods are working just fine I'd say. That means the CEO's commentary caused a shitstorm for what? Something that is happening less than 0.01% of the time anyway. 

Racial profiling is bullshit no matter how you slice it. 

Not all Muslims are middle eastern, so, just saying stop all single Muslim men is dumb as shit. It's kind of bigoted, and it's impossible to do when you can't identify them all. I assume the CEO's real intent was to single out middle eastern men. Men with beards? Men with accents? Idk. 

It was unnecessary for him to even say given how safe it is to fly today anyway. It speaks directly to a certain group of "commenters" that automatically and ignorantly connect the word "Muslim" with brown or middle eastern people.

So the little old lady from Pasadena it is then.

• Haha 2