Ryanair CEO

Mjd33

4 minutes ago, concha said:

So the little old lady from Pasadena it is then.

What percentage of the time is the little old lady from Pasadena getting pulled aside for secondary search? 

If you stop current methods, and go to singling out "single Muslim men", then the door is opened for the terrorist to shift to anything else without fear of being checked. 

The CEO was stupid to even say that, and, is probably bigoted to answer the OP, but, I don't want to judge the guy on one misinformed or ignorant statement. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What percentage of the time is the little old lady from Pasadena getting pulled aside for secondary search?  [It's the TSA. Ever met them?]

If you stop current methods, and go to singling out "single Muslim men", then the door is opened for the terrorist to shift to anything else without fear of being checked. [There is possibly an issue easily locating people of other profiles, not that it's impossible.]

The CEO was stupid to even say that, and, is probably bigoted to answer the OP, but, I don't want to judge the guy on one misinformed or ignorant statement. 

3 minutes ago, concha said:

I understand, but, the CEO in this case said the risk of Muslim families is 0 and a lot of other dumb and bigoted shit. 

The more I've read from the guy, the more I lean toward he's a biased idiot. xD

I'm guessing his job will be in trouble pretty soon. He was on a roll that day. Maybe should have not took that last shot of whiskey before going in for the interview. 

"O'Leary's interview with the Times included a number of disparaging comments, including calling the need for wheelchair facilities on every floor of a Dublin office building "complete and utter nonsense." He made fun of transgender rights and the need for gender-neutral bathrooms; and called obese passengers "monsters" who should consider buying two seats."

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I understand, but, the CEO in this case said the risk of Muslim families is 0 and a lot of other dumb and bigoted shit. 

The more I've read from the guy, the more I lean toward he's a biased idiot. xD

I'm guessing his job will be in trouble pretty soon. He was on a roll that day. Maybe should have not took that last shot of whiskey before going in for the interview. 

"O'Leary's interview with the Times included a number of disparaging comments, including calling the need for wheelchair facilities on every floor of a Dublin office building "complete and utter nonsense." He made fun of transgender rights and the need for gender-neutral bathrooms; and called obese passengers "monsters" who should consider buying two seats."

I'm not defending the man.  I didn't even read the article. I'm discussing the idea of common sense and more efficient surveillance in an area where surveillance already exists.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

I'm not defending the man.  I didn't even read the article. I'm discussing the idea of common sense and more efficient surveillance in an area where surveillance already exists.

I'm all for common sense security and policing. I'm dead set against telegraphing it in such an ignorant way, or adopting a procedure that says anything similar to what the dumb CEO said. 

You can train security to better identify persons of interest that should be pulled aside without a blanket check on every single Muslim man.