Fed reserve pushed by Trump drops one full point off interest rates (now close to zero). Market reaction for tomorrow morning: “limit down.”

BigDrop

Serious comment:  including Friday of last week we are now down 19% in the stock market in the last month.  Bonds and bond funds have lost approximately ten per cent of their value as have REITS.  Tomorrow appears to be devastating as the market is rejecting Trump’s plea for zero rates.

The coronovirus is the most serious threat on earth in my 73 year lifetime.  

The virus doesn’t care about a rate.

Good luck to all.

39 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Serious comment:  including Friday of last week we are now down 19% in the stock market in the last month.  Bonds and bond funds have lost approximately ten per cent of their value as have REITS.  Tomorrow appears to be devastating as the market is rejecting Trump’s plea for zero rates.

The coronovirus is the most serious threat on earth in my 73 year lifetime.  

The virus doesn’t care about a rate.

Good luck to all.

What about North Korea? And or Iran and whatever other end of world event you’ve cried about in last year? 

8 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

This is Trump.  Not Obama, not Hillary, not even Jarad. Not anyone else.

Trump.

Oh no sir. Just a few days ago Obama was telling everyone who wd listen. This was his economy.

But don't worry we know how you fucktards work. Everything bad Trump's fault. Everything good is because of you fucking Dems.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 11:53 PM, concha said:

It's all he IS capable of.

Tomorrow morning is the 20th.  Many reading this will have lost much of their life savings.  Others are now concerned for those who test positive living closer than they had expected.

And Trump continues to lie and blame anyone else.  But now people are dying.  Look back through this thread and note who supported and defended him.

This is a lot closer to home than any of us feared.

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Tomorrow morning is the 20th.  Many reading this will have lost much of their life savings.  Others are now concerned for those who test positive living closer than they had expected.

And Trump continues to lie and blame anyone else.  But now people are dying.  Look back through this thread and note who supported and defended him.

This is a lot closer to home than any of us feared.

K3VK.gif

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:26 PM, Slotback Right said:

Look at it this way. When it goes back up again (and it will bigly), Big Drop will not be able to claim Obama had anything to do with it.

Do you give Obama any credit for the substantial success of the stock market during his presidency? At least one guy one here has found a way not to, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there were two of you.

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Do you give Obama any credit for the substantial success of the stock market during his presidency? At least one guy one here has found a way not to, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there were two of you.

The stock market under Obama's presidency is not what was being discussed.

Hope this helps.

Just now, concha said:

The stock market under Obama's presidency is not what was being discussed.

Hope this helps.

Once again, your "Hope this helps" doesn't really help. Kind of sounds like something one of the characters from Mean Girls or Queer Eye for the Straight guy might consistently use. I've never been a fan of that phrase.

The post I responded to referenced Obama, meaning he, in fact, became part of the discussion. So I asked a question, which I followed with a little jab at you for being the one person on here so ridiculous as to downplay any positive impact Obama might have had on the stock market during his presidency. I think you picked up on that. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Once again, your "Hope this helps" doesn't really help. Kind of sounds like something one of the characters from Mean Girls or Queer Eye for the Straight guy might consistently use. I've never been a fan of that phrase.

The post I responded to referenced Obama, meaning he, in fact, became part of the discussion. So I asked a question, which I followed with a little jab at you for being the one person on here so ridiculous as to downplay any positive impact Obama might have had on the stock market during his presidency. I think you picked up on that. 

I don't recall downplaying the stock market. Unemployment, yes. definitely.

I think the market has been out of whack for a long time.

You mistake me for others, I think. I generally don't fixate on the market.