Your elected officials hard at work for you

thc6795

Tucker Carlson calls for Senator Burr to resign over insider trading ahead of coronavirus

yentlogo_jelly_small.jpg
March 20, 2020

On Thursday night, Fox News host Tucker Carlson called for Republican Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina to resign and be prosecuted for insider trading. Earlier in the day, it was reported that the Senate Intelligence Committee chairman sold stock in mid-February that he knew would take a hit due to the coronavirus. And while Burr downplayed the threat of the coronavirus publicly, NPR obtained a recording of him privately warning of its dangers.
“There is one thing about this,” Burr is heard saying in the recording, “it is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything we have seen in recent history. It’s probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic.”The 1918 pandemic to which Burr is referring is estimated to have killed between 50 million and 100 million people worldwide.Carlson slammed Burr not only for insider trading, but also for not warning the public about how dangerous the coronavirus actually is.

“He had inside information about what could happen to our country, which is now happening, but he didn’t warn the public,” Carlson said. “He didn’t give a prime time address. He didn’t go on television to sound the alarm…Instead, what did he do? He dumped his share in hotel stocks so he wouldn’t lose money, and then he stayed silent.”

Carlson went on to call for Burr to resign and be prosecuted.

“Maybe there’s an honest explanation for what he did. If there is, he should share it with the rest of us immediately,” Carlson said. “Otherwise, he must resign from the Senate and face prosecution for insider trading. There is no greater moral crime than betraying your country in a time of crisis.”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Tucker Carlson calls for Senator Burr to resign over insider trading ahead of coronavirus

yentlogo_jelly_small.jpg
March 20, 2020

On Thursday night, Fox News host Tucker Carlson called for Republican Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina to resign and be prosecuted for insider trading. Earlier in the day, it was reported that the Senate Intelligence Committee chairman sold stock in mid-February that he knew would take a hit due to the coronavirus. And while Burr downplayed the threat of the coronavirus publicly, NPR obtained a recording of him privately warning of its dangers.
“There is one thing about this,” Burr is heard saying in the recording, “it is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything we have seen in recent history. It’s probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic.”The 1918 pandemic to which Burr is referring is estimated to have killed between 50 million and 100 million people worldwide.Carlson slammed Burr not only for insider trading, but also for not warning the public about how dangerous the coronavirus actually is.

“He had inside information about what could happen to our country, which is now happening, but he didn’t warn the public,” Carlson said. “He didn’t give a prime time address. He didn’t go on television to sound the alarm…Instead, what did he do? He dumped his share in hotel stocks so he wouldn’t lose money, and then he stayed silent.”

“Maybe there’s an honest explanation for what he did. If there is, he should share it with the rest of us immediately,” Carlson said. “Otherwise, he must resign from the Senate and face prosecution for insider trading. There is no greater moral crime than betraying your country in a time of crisis.”

Ridiculous!  But it’s more than him, I think it’s a much bigger elaborate scheme 

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

Ridiculous!  But it’s more than him, I think it’s a much bigger elaborate scheme 

I know it's more than him...but I hope we make an example of him and the rest of them...for once!..the way things are now people are way too pissed and scared not to react to this...I hope this follows them around until the election comes and they get voted out...PLEASE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DBP66 said:

I know it's more than him...but I hope we make an example of him and the rest of them...for once!..the way things are now people are way too pissed and scared not to react to this...I hope this follows them around until the election comes and they get voted out...PLEASE!

I think DJT played into this as well.  Downplaying this until his buddies dumped their stocks,  holding the common investor at bay,  then telling the truth about the seriousness and watching the market plummet.  

8 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

yentlogo_jelly_small.jpg
March 20, 2020

Did you even read the article I posted man? Diane Finestien sold off more than the other two combined. They are all doing it.

However since you once again want to pick sides. where is the CNN article demanding anything be done? BTW aren’t you the one here always blasting Carlson? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I think DJT played into this as well.  Downplaying this until his buddies dumped their stocks,  holding the common investor at bay,  then telling the truth about the seriousness and watching the market plummet.  

agreed...I'm sure Trump nor any of his clan didn't lose their $$ like the rest of America did...and now he's wants to bail out Hotels??..what happen to draining the swamp?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Did you even read the article I posted man? Diane Finestien sold off more than the other two combined. They are all doing it.

However since you once again want to pick sides. where is the CNN article demanding anything be done? BTW aren’t you the one here always blasting Carlson? 

I'm not picking sides...they should all retire..Burr happens to be the chairman....and they have a recording of him telling a group of donors about this before we knew....he spread the word to his cronies...and I commend Carlson for having a backbone and calling Burr out.

• Haha 1

Just now, thc6795 said:

Im sure you do

Why would you think he’s insulated and not a part of the puppet show?

He’s built up this persona that he’s a champion of the common man when he has NEVER been that. You can bet your ass he’s capitalizing on this presidency, that’s what he does, right, wrong or indifferent. 

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I'm not picking sides...they should all retire..Burr happens to be the chairman....and they have a recording of him telling a group of donors about this before we knew....he spread the word to his cronies...and I commend Carlson for having a backbone and calling Burr out.

Burr actually was talking about this virus for quite a while, more than the others anyway. either way they are ALL in this together.

Like I have been saying from the get go all this bullshit isn’t adding up. Because of social media slowly but surely news is getting out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Why would you think he’s insulated and not a part of the puppet show?

He’s built up this persona that he’s a champion of the common man when he has NEVER been that. You can bet your ass he’s capitalizing on this presidency, that’s what he does, right, wrong or indifferent. 

Look if you want to start ANOTHER Trump bashing poll go right on ahead. My thread is intended to show how they are all in this together. Maybe Trump is involved maybe not.