preparedness

noonereal

Rudderless, blindsided, lethargic, and uncoordinated, America has mishandled the COVID-19 crisis to a substantially worse degree than what every health expert I’ve spoken with had feared. “Much worse,” said Ron Klain, who coordinated the U.S. response to the West African Ebola outbreak in 2014. “Beyond any expectations we had,” said Lauren Sauer, who works on disaster preparedness at Johns Hopkins Medicine. “As an American, I’m horrified,” said Seth Berkley, who heads Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. “The U.S. may end up with the worst outbreak in the industrialized world.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-end/608719/

24 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Rudderless, blindsided, lethargic, and uncoordinated, America has mishandled the COVID-19 crisis to a substantially worse degree than what every health expert I’ve spoken with had feared. “Much worse,” said Ron Klain, who coordinated the U.S. response to the West African Ebola outbreak in 2014. “Beyond any expectations we had,” said Lauren Sauer, who works on disaster preparedness at Johns Hopkins Medicine. “As an American, I’m horrified,” said Seth Berkley, who heads Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. “The U.S. may end up with the worst outbreak in the industrialized world.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-end/608719/

Thanks to New York, perhaps.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's hard on the eyes/ears watching this guy give Coronavirus Briefings....

Sheesh!

I don't watch them. xD they're for sure a waste of your time. I can be rewriting my will, cutting the lawn, coloring by number, watching paint dry, an entire host of things that are more productive than paying that mess any attention. 

Pretty sure that's what 60% of America is doing too, which explains the polling numbers. They don't know that the action has all been local and ernge dude is just a mouth piece. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't watch them. xD they're for sure a waste of your time. I can be rewriting my will, cutting the lawn, coloring by number, watching paint dry, an entire host of things that are more productive than paying that mess any attention. 

Pretty sure that's what 60% of America is doing too, which explains the polling numbers.

I need to use this in another thread.

23 hours ago, noonereal said:

@noonereal

The Atlantic has been committing solid journalism for a long time.  I let my subscription lapse years ago, but it might be time to re-up.

I also read this article earlier in the week.  One of the things I most appreciated about it was the way it begins the conversation about the aftermath of COVID-19. But in the meantime, the test is yet to come (yes, both bad pun and message).

@HawgGoneIt

You've been writing about Albany, GA.  It really is terrible, and serves as a cautionary tale to anybody who still thinks 'it can't happen here.'  Sounds like it traces back to a heavily attended funeral on Feb 28, with mourners from 100's of miles.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/city-under-seige-coronavirus-exacts-heavy-toll-albany/xC9NO677gfDQSaGEQDXSAN/

😷

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

You've been writing about Albany, GA.  It really is terrible, and serves as a cautionary tale to anybody who still thinks 'it can't happen here.'  Sounds like it traces back to a heavily attended funeral on Feb 28, with mourners from 100's of miles.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/city-under-seige-coronavirus-exacts-heavy-toll-albany/xC9NO677gfDQSaGEQDXSAN/

😷

One of the real hidden tragedies of this are all the people who will pass away during this time and can't have a proper burial or service because people can't congregate in large numbers.

• Like 2