Georgia 6A OOS games

Ga96

21-Aug AAAAAA Buford vs Wren (Piedmont, SC)
21-Aug AAAAAA Lakeside (Evans) vs North Augusta (SC)
21-Aug AAAAAA South Effingham vs Beaufort (SC)
28-Aug AAAAAA Effingham County vs Beaufort (SC)
28-Aug AAAAAA Johns Creek vs Travelers Rest (SC)
4-Sep AAAAAA Grovetown vs North Augusta (SC)
4-Sep AAAAAA Johns Creek vs Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, NJ)
4-Sep AAAAAA Valdosta vs Columbia (Lake City, FL)
4-Sep AAAAAA Westlake vs Viera (FL)
18-Sep AAAAAA Buford vs Ridge View (Columbia, SC)
25-Sep AAAAAA Grovetown vs Spartanburg (SC)
25-Sep AAAAAA Pope vs Auburn (AL)
2-Oct AAAAAA Lee County vs North Miami Beach (FL)
2-Oct AAAAAA Valdosta vs Westside (Jacksonville, FL)
  • Thanks 1

out of the four games against Florida teams only one appears to be competitive.  Westside and North Miami Beach stink. Both will get rolled. 

Westlake seems to be trending upwards with some transfers and a ton of starters returning. Viera is doing the opposite, with losing guys to transfer and not returning much. WL should win big. 

Columbia vs Valdosta looks like a good game on paper. Old school programs who have played I think 9 times in the past. I think Columbia has a great shot at winning. Will be a good one. 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

out of the four games against Florida teams only one appears to be competitive.  Westside and North Miami Beach stink. Both will get rolled. 

Westlake seems to be trending upwards with some transfers and a ton of starters returning. Viera is doing the opposite, with losing guys to transfer and not returning much. WL should win big. 

Columbia vs Valdosta looks like a good game on paper. Old school programs who have played I think 9 times in the past. I think Columbia has a great shot at winning. Will be a good one. 

If you count in the Lake City era Valdosta is 11-4-1 vs Columbia. 

Idk if Lake City is a predecessor of Columbia. I think Columbia fan said they where. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Idk if Lake City is a predecessor of Columbia. I think Columbia fan said they where. 

I have 7-9-1 being Columbia record against Valdosta 

Not good but more closer to even than that and in addition they haven't played a regular season game since 1999 so it's been a while and both programs aren't what they were the last time they faced off, If you have the years of these games I can check my records and see if I missed any games or vise versa 

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lake City is Columbia. Back in the day most teams were called the name of the town. Orlando High turned into Edgewater and Boone. Ocala High turned into Vanguard and Forest. Duvall High turned into Jackson and Robert E Lee. Etc etc. 

So Lake City and Columbia are the exact same team. The county wasnt the big enough for 2 teams. But they changed the name once everyone else did it 

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Westside is slowly getting better (made playoffs last year and are finally starting to keep their talent in house and not get it stolen by Ed White, Lee or Raines) but they aren't gonna be in a good spot having to travel to Valdosta 2 consecutive years

Columbia getting a home game in the series will help them and I'm certain Columbia won't get swept in the series, they will find a way to win at least one of the games if not both

A lot of talent returning on both sides of the ball, young but full of potential

I saw a lot of freshman and sophomores start to break out last year who will fit into starting roles with flying colors, Columbia ain't going away anytime soon

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lake City is Columbia. Back in the day most teams were called the name of the town. Orlando High turned into Edgewater and Boone. Ocala High turned into Vanguard and Forest. Duvall High turned into Jackson and Robert E Lee. Etc etc. 

So Lake City and Columbia are the exact same team

There's a few schools like that here. Not many...  

Most schools like that just went defunct... 

There used to be Fulton county schools like:

North Fulton county HS

South Fulton county  HS 

Etc you get it but Atlanta has obviously grown a Ton since then and now you have North Atlanta HS 

South Atlanta HS  and a bunch more schools in Atlanta..  

I think apparently the school was once called Lake City High but it became Columbia High after segregation and Columbia High held all the records but Lake City High (Columbia) was only one who had sports so any game was by the original school 

Only reason they built Fort White in the south section of the county was to alievate bus routes because Columbia county north end stretches about all the way up to the GA border so they wanted to cut down on daily travel costs 

33 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can’t wait to see Johns Creek live at DBP. #nonborderingstate

You should come down to Columbia vs Valdosta either this year or next year

These teams go back over 100 years of border war history

May be one of the first instances of OOS games between the 2 states since I have records taking the Columbia vs Valdosta series back to 1915

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You should come down to Columbia vs Valdosta either this year or next year

These teams go back over 100 years of border war history

May be one of the first instances of OOS games between the 2 states since I have records taking the Columbia vs Valdosta series back to 1915

If we have a season, I may possibly make this game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

First year up in Valdosta but who knows maybe we can carpool up there if there a season (or more specifically a season with fans) but I guess we won't know that until much closer to the season 

Valdosta is only about 20 miles up 75 after you enter Georgia. So, it's not that bad. If I make it (assuming it is played), I would probably have to spend the night somewhere on the way back, as making the Orlando area would be a bit too much. But we will see, sadly, it may not happen this year. 

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

So Lake City and Columbia are the exact same team. The county wasnt the big enough for 2 teams. But they changed the name once everyone else did it 

Pretty much the story for Colquitt.  From 1913-1977 the Hawgs were the Moultrie Packers.  They opened the new school in 1978 (combining Norman Park, Doerun and William Bryant) and the Hawgs became the Colquitt County Packers.

Rufus>>

• Like 1