Edgewater Christian Leary has some serious wheels

954gator

22 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Plus no one was pimping Edgewater in this thread,  only a very good player. 

Sweetlarry, like Nolebull is a blind homer. I watched the Edgewater/Marietta game, streamed live by Marietta. The Marietta commentators were nervous as hell as they felt they were being worked by Edgewater. I will credit Marietta with one thing, though. They stopped Edgewater three times inside their own 25 on critical plays which if Edgewater had scored it could have been a totally different ball game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Just stating facts my man.   Your comment made it seem like he wasn’t that good, but the facts show Edgewater’s offense did work vs Marietta’s D.   They also show Edgewater outgained Marietta by 150 yards.

What also isn’t a good look is when a team is hosting an OOS team and the refs call 100+ Yards against said traveling team.    This is a VERY common theme when Fl teams play in GA.  It’s no secret Bud.

Did you watch the game? It wasn’t a secret that the game wasn’t that close. Congrats on gaining empty yards against our JV kids! Still couldn’t score against them. 

Losing and making excuses is a very common theme, especially when you get waxed. It’s no secret, Bro’!

56 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Sweetlarry, like Nolebull is a blind homer. I watched the Edgewater/Marietta game, streamed live by Marietta. The Marietta commentators were nervous as hell as they felt they were being worked by Edgewater. I will credit Marietta with one thing, though. They stopped Edgewater three times inside their own 25 on critical plays which if Edgewater had scored it could have been a totally different ball game. 

I just watched the game Son. Then the film later.  I could probably find and send to you if you’d like. Even jawja posters who hate me and Marietta commented on two things. Marietta whooped that ass and Edgewater was as dirty as the south is in the summer. 

You act like the game was close except for these “critical plays” in which Marietta stuffed them. Well isn’t that the difference between an ass whoopin’ and a close game? The ability to stop somebody? 

That comment is ridiculously basic and senseless. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Just stating facts my man.   Your comment made it seem like he wasn’t that good, but the facts show Edgewater’s offense did work vs Marietta’s D.   They also show Edgewater outgained Marietta by 150 yards.

What also isn’t a good look is when a team is hosting an OOS team and the refs call 100+ Yards against said traveling team.    This is a VERY common theme when Fl teams play in GA.  It’s no secret Bud.

HE is a good ball player. They weren’t very good against Marietta. 

Better?

24 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Did you watch the game? It wasn’t a secret that the game wasn’t that close. Congrats on gaining empty yards against our JV kids! Still couldn’t score against them. 

Losing and making excuses is a very common theme, especially when you get waxed. It’s no secret, Bro’!

I did actually and the game was close for a decent bit.   Nobody's making excuses only stating facts, unlike you who makes statements like we whipped them etc.      I guess Grayson whipped Marietta last year huh.   I'm sure Marietta only had 25 penalty yards in that game too since they seem to be so disciplined.    No way there was any home field advantage in that game.   

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I did actually and the game was close for a decent bit.   Nobody's making excuses only stating facts, unlike you who makes statements like we whipped them etc.      I guess Grayson whipped Marietta last year huh.   I'm sure Marietta only had 25 penalty yards in that game too since they seem to be so disciplined.    No way there was any home field advantage in that game.   

Yes Grayson whooped Marietta. mceachern did too. And? We won when we needed to and it netted us a state title. 

You’ll never see me take the bitch route and make excuses. That’s for some of y’all. Know anybody here like that?

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

Yes Grayson whooped Marietta. mceachern did too. And? We won when we needed to and it netted us a state title. 

You’ll never see me take the bitch route and make excuses. That’s for some of y’all. Know anybody here like that?

You act like Edgewater’s my team or something.   Congrats on the state title!  

Back to what I was saying...Leary tore up both Marietta and STA....facts.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

You act like Edgewater’s my team or something.   Congrats on the state title!  

Back to what I was saying...Leary tore up both Marietta and STA....facts.

😂 

and Marietta tore up his team!  Facts

Where I come from we prefer our teams winning as opposed to individuals having good games. 

But hey.......you do you 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Look, the dude has to convince you that Marietta destroyed Edgewarter. He is one of those humans that has reality in his, and only his mind. Until you acknowledge this, he will not be satisfied. 

Bro. I’ve seen your posts on the OT board. 

You’re one to talk. 😂 

Looking at the box score for the Marietta vs. Edgewater game, the stats don't exactly match up to the 39-24 final score. Edgewater outpassed and outrushed Marietta. It seems that if Edgewater had had a stronger start in the first half, they could have won. The scoretracker for the game shows that Edgewater passed up on some field goal points by going for it on 4th down and not getting it. Overall, I just wanted to say that this game was closer than the score showed. I mean no harm or disrespect to fans of either team or state, I just wanted to point out what I noticed.

• Like 2

Just now, ngdawg said:

Looking at the box score for the Marietta vs. Edgewater game, the stats don't exactly match up to the 39-24 final score. Edgewater outpassed and outrushed Marietta. It seems that if Edgewater had had a stronger start in the first half, they could have won. The scoretracker for the game shows that Edgewater passed up on some field goal points by going for it on 4th down and not getting it. Overall, I just wanted to say that this game was closer than the score showed. I mean no harm or disrespect to fans of either team or state, I just wanted to point out what I noticed.

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

YOUR reality, which is why I thought the comment was comical considering the source. 

Larry, I trade financial markets full time. I have traded for over 30 years. I was not a trust fund boy. In fact I am as far from that as Shanghai is from Atlanta. I have survived precisely because I have always has a grip on reality. I found this board shocking for the extent of ignorance and flat out delusion I have found here. All I have to say is that the USA has a serious mental health problem. 

I will leave it at that. 

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Larry, I trade financial markets full time. I have traded for over 30 years. I was not a trust fund boy. In fact I am as far from that as Shanghai is from Atlanta. I have survived precisely because I have always has a grip on reality. I found this board shocking for the extent of ignorance and flat out delusion I have found here. All I have to say is that the USA has a serious mental health problem. 

I will leave it at that. 

I’d agree. While I think a lot is in jest, I think many are bipolar. I don’t take that lightly either.  

I’ll also leave it at that. 

I called it when Edgewater played a crap game against garbage Bishop Moore. 

I told the Florida Board right after that that they were going to get steamrolled against Marietta and they did. 

The game was never close or never in doubt.  Edgewater had some late garbage scores against back ups when the game was firmly decided. They racked up most of their points in yards against the back ups late in the game. 

But Marietta was the large class Georgia state champion which is one if not the toughest bracket in the country.  So there’s no shame.  It would happen to 99.5% of all the other teams in the country 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I called it when Edgewater played a crap game against garbage Bishop Moore. 

I told the Florida Board right after that that they were going to get steamrolled against Marietta and they did. 

The game was never close or never in doubt.  Edgewater had some late garbage scores against back ups when the game was firmly decided. They racked up most of their points in yards against the back ups late in the game. 

But Marietta was the large class Georgia state champion which is one if not the toughest bracket in the country.  So there’s no shame.  It would happen to 99.5% of all the other teams in the country 

Thank you! Finally somebody with the truth. 

The game wasn’t close regardless of the stats. Anybody who saw the whole game and knows anything about football knows this. 

Some people just can’t help themselves and gotta make their area seem like it’s something it’s not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It was 32-10 then 39-17 LATE in the game. 

No honest person could ever say that at any point the game was close. It was 18-10 at half. That was as close as it got. It was cruise control after that 

If only Edgewater had gotten their head into the game in the first quarter, they may have won. It's either that or the Marietta defense held strong in the first half when it mattered most. However, if someone had just provided me the stat lines for both teams and asked me to guess the score, I would have said that the game would have been very close, maybe even a victory for Edgewater.

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

If only Edgewater had gotten their head into the game in the first quarter, they may have won. It's either that or the Marietta defense held strong in the first half when it mattered most. However, if someone had just provided me the stat lines for both teams and asked me to guess the score, I would have said that the game would have been very close, maybe even a victory for Edgewater.

Direct quote from the Marietta coach....

F6BE63BF-8910-4BF2-BDB9-99BC6D950A99.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Direct quote from the Marietta coach....

F6BE63BF-8910-4BF2-BDB9-99BC6D950A99.jpeg

Maybe that quote is meant for players worrying about their individual statistics over the team's success? I don't know. But I would say that most of the time (not always), stats provide a relatively accurate measure of what happens in a football game. Of course, it depends what stats you choose to look at.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Maybe that quote is meant for players worrying about their individual statistics over the team's success? I don't know. But I would say that most of the time (not always), stats provide a relatively accurate measure of what happens in a football game. Of course, it depends what stats you choose to look at.

The quote is meant for everybody! It’s usually the losing team that runs to the stat sheet to make themselves feel better about their loss. It’s usually players who lost looking for a ray of hope to feel better about themselves. winners usually aren’t looking at stats. 

Losing fans will point to stats to say “see, it was really close” when it actually wasn’t. Like this game. 

In this case stats didn’t tell the tale. The game wasn’t close. Up 20+ in the 4th quarter doesn’t say “close game”. Empty yards are for losers. Nobody cares if a team had 500 yards and got beat by 2+ TDs. 

• Like 2