Edgewater Christian Leary has some serious wheels

954gator

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

The quote is meant for everybody! It’s usually the losing team that runs to the stat sheet to make themselves feel better about their loss. It’s usually players who lost looking for a ray of hope to feel better about themselves. winners usually aren’t looking at stats. 

Losing fans will point to stats to say “see, it was really close” when it actually wasn’t. Like this game. 

In this case stats didn’t tell the tale. The game wasn’t close. Up 20+ in the 4th quarter doesn’t say “close game”. Empty yards are for losers. Nobody cares if a team had 500 yards and got beat by 2+ TDs. 

I agree that the stats didn't tell the story of the game. And if you're trying to imply that I am supporting Edgewater, you would be incorrect. In fact, my high school, North Gwinnett, is in Georgia and Marietta is one of the teams I have the utmost respect for, having played and beaten them in the playoffs in 2017. All I wanted to do was make the point that stats can help determine who played better, but not always.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Maybe that quote is meant for players worrying about their individual statistics over the team's success? I don't know. But I would say that most of the time (not always), stats provide a relatively accurate measure of what happens in a football game. Of course, it depends what stats you choose to look at.

Notice my word choices in bold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

The quote is meant for everybody! It’s usually the losing team that runs to the stat sheet to make themselves feel better about their loss. It’s usually players who lost looking for a ray of hope to feel better about themselves. winners usually aren’t looking at stats. 

Losing fans will point to stats to say “see, it was really close” when it actually wasn’t. Like this game. 

In this case stats didn’t tell the tale. The game wasn’t close. Up 20+ in the 4th quarter doesn’t say “close game”. Empty yards are for losers. Nobody cares if a team had 500 yards and got beat by 2+ TDs. 

Exactly. Texas Tech used to throw 600 yards every game and go 7-5 or 6-6. Lol. 

Man fuck that Edgewater/Marietta game! Lol. Let's talk about the elephant in the room: Armwood vs North Gwinnett. There's no footage of that game anywhere, so please let us know what happened @ngdawg

I'm pretty sure @954gator and @Nolebull813 would like to have some clarity of the game changing call that occurred in overtime.

The floor is yours, champ! @ngdawg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Man fuck that Edgewater/Marietta game! Lol. Let's talk about the elephant in the room: Armwood vs North Gwinnett. There's no footage of that game anywhere, so please let us know what happened @ngdawg

I'm pretty sure @954gator and @Nolebull813 would like to have some clarity of the game changing call that occurred in overtime.

The floor is yours, champ! @ngdawg

Someone asked the same thing in a different thread, so I just copied and pasted it here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Honestly, best game I've ever seen in my life. And I've watched a state championship end on a game-winning field goal with no time left. The first half was really dry and defensive. But in the third quarter both teams picked it up. However, most people go to concessions during 3rd quarter at our school (I don't know why exactly), so many people missed out on the action. However, the end of the 4th quarter onwards was amazing! Right before Armwood got the game tying touchdown, I distinctlyremember one of their WRs had to get carried away in an ambulance after falling hard. But once overtime kicked in, it was lit up. Armwood could have won the gameeasily but they committed a holding penalty and a pass interference which forced them to settle for a field goal, 23-20. And then on the first play of the next overtime drive, North Gwinnett's QB JR Martin lateraled it to WR Josh Downs, who squared up and threw it to TE DJ Hart for the game-winning touchdown. But I have to say, had this game been played anywhere else or anytime earlier, Armwood would have won. I say anytime earlier because this win for North Gwinnett lit a fire under them and led to a 12 game win streak. However, I'd have to say these two teams were the most equally matched teams I've seen. What I mean is, if you are a Florida high school football fan and want to know how good North Gwinnett is, simply look at Armwood. Both teams are almost equal. And both teams brought their A game, which made for an instant classic. It sucks that there aren't any highlights because that game was legendary.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Someone asked the same thing in a different thread, so I just copied and pasted it here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Honestly, best game I've ever seen in my life. And I've watched a state championship end on a game-winning field goal with no time left. The first half was really dry and defensive. But in the third quarter both teams picked it up. However, most people go to concessions during 3rd quarter at our school (I don't know why exactly), so many people missed out on the action. However, the end of the 4th quarter onwards was amazing! Right before Armwood got the game tying touchdown, I distinctlyremember one of their WRs had to get carried away in an ambulance after falling hard. But once overtime kicked in, it was lit up. Armwood could have won the gameeasily but they committed a holding penalty and a pass interference which forced them to settle for a field goal, 23-20. And then on the first play of the next overtime drive, North Gwinnett's QB JR Martin lateraled it to WR Josh Downs, who squared up and threw it to TE DJ Hart for the game-winning touchdown. But I have to say, had this game been played anywhere else or anytime earlier, Armwood would have won. I say anytime earlier because this win for North Gwinnett lit a fire under them and led to a 12 game win streak. However, I'd have to say these two teams were the most equally matched teams I've seen. What I mean is, if you are a Florida high school football fan and want to know how good North Gwinnett is, simply look at Armwood. Both teams are almost equal. And both teams brought their A game, which made for an instant classic. It sucks that there aren't any highlights because that game was legendary.

Gotcha. Now from what you saw, was it a legit penalty that took the touchdown off the board for Armwood?

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Gotcha. Now from what you saw, was it a legit penalty that took the touchdown off the board for Armwood?

I believe it was. I distinctly remember that play as the runner ran to the right of the field, wide open towards the endzone. There was a WR blocking an holding a North Gwinnett defender, preventing him from disengaging and catching the wide open runner. I had a very good view of the play as well, because the band stands are not where the fans sit, but behind the endzone. The reaction from the Armwood sideline was as if they expected the penalty, no one seemed to vigorously challenge the call. Again, this happened within 50 feet away from where I was standing, so I'd say I got a good view of the play.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

I believe it was. I distinctly remember that play as the runner ran to the right of the field, wide open towards the endzone. There was a WR blocking an holding a North Gwinnett defender, preventing him from disengaging and catching the wide open runner. I had a very good view of the play as well, because the band stands are not where the fans sit, but behind the endzone. The reaction from the Armwood sideline was as if they expected the penalty, no one seemed to vigorously challenge the call. Again, this happened within 50 feet away from where I was standing, so I'd say I got a good view of the play.

Okay. Just needed some clarification on that. Don't want the florida guys thinking that the refs just called a penalty for the hell of it. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Okay. Just needed some clarification on that. Don't want the florida guys thinking that the refs just called a penalty for the hell of it. 

They didn't, calls were going both ways throughout the games and there was no clear and outstanding evidence of bad referees. But of course, there will always be people who think otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

LSU could’ve scored 100 against chokie and nobody can convince me otherwise. 

We were scoring when trying to burn clock. 

LSU was a force last year, one of the best if not the best in college football history. I don't think anyone could have beat them. Would love to see a team like them again in the near future.

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

LSU could’ve scored 100 against chokie and nobody can convince me otherwise. 

We were scoring when trying to burn clock. 

With you being an LSU, why is it that auburn gave LSU hell when they played? Being objective... but I truly feel like auburn blew several chances to win that game. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

With you being an LSU, why is it that auburn gave LSU hell when they played? Being objective... but I truly feel like auburn blew several chances to win that game. 

It's just crazy to think that LSU's magical season could have been shut down by 1 third down stop against Texas or at home against an Iron Bowl Champion Auburn team. But the second they beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, everyone in the country knew they were legit. If only Texas or Auburn had clutched up...

11 hours ago, ngdawg said:

It's just crazy to think that LSU's magical season could have been shut down by 1 third down stop against Texas or at home against an Iron Bowl Champion Auburn team. But the second they beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, everyone in the country knew they were legit. If only Texas or Auburn had clutched up...

Yeah I think Texas blew it on two 4th down tries. Auburn failed to cash in on several opportunities as well. LSU was the real deal, but it does require a little luck to win as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Yeah I think Texas blew it on two 4th down tries. Auburn failed to cash in on several opportunities as well. LSU was the real deal, but it does require a little luck to win as well. 

It was all about confidence for LSU. I bet they felt like "woah we got lucky, let's ride it as long as can" and they used that as motivation for the rest of the year. Crazy team that was, thanks to Joe Burrow and a great supporting cast.

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

It was all about confidence for LSU. I bet they felt like "woah we got lucky, let's ride it as long as can" and they used that as motivation for the rest of the year. Crazy team that was, thanks to Joe Burrow and a great supporting cast.

Still not sold on him (Joe Burrow) due to only seeing him play at a high level for 1 season. We'll see how it goes in the pros for the guy.

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Still not sold on him (Joe Burrow) due to only seeing him play at a high level for 1 season. We'll see how it goes in the pros for the guy.

Oh yeah, I'm not sold on him being a star NFL quarterback either. I just believe that Joe Burrow would not have done better at any other college in the US. I'm a huge Buckeyes fan as well, but I know that if we had started Joe Burrow over Justin Fields, we still would not have won games like Burrow did with LSU. I must say that Burrow's season was one of the greatest a quarterback has had in history.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Auburn had a good defensive game plan. LSU had 500+ yds but not a lot of points. Stingley fumbling that punt gave them a 15 yard field and when stuff like that happens games will be a lot closer than they should. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Auburn had a good defensive game plan. LSU had 500+ yds but not a lot of points. Stingley fumbling that punt gave them a 15 yard field and when stuff like that happens games will be a lot closer than they should. 

I don’t know, for me personally I never felt the Auburn game was in doubt at all.    They just really couldn’t do shit on offense.  So a 3-10 pt lead felt like a ton for some reason.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Oh yeah, I'm not sold on him being a star NFL quarterback either. I just believe that Joe Burrow would not have done better at any other college in the US. I'm a huge Buckeyes fan as well, but I know that if we had started Joe Burrow over Justin Fields, we still would not have won games like Burrow did with LSU. I must say that Burrow's season was one of the greatest a quarterback has had in history.

I think biggest thing working against Burrow is that he went to the Bengals

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

They were loaded on offense and earned the national championship but I will say the people out there trying to put them in the same category as 95 Nebraska, 01 Miami, 04 USC, 05 Texas, 08 UF, 13 FSU?

I think that's a very deep stretch to put LSU in same categories of those teams