Live PD

rockinl

10 hours ago, rockinl said:

Guess I'm going to stop watching Live PD. Bothers me to see police officers continually search vehicles on traffic stops without consent or probable cause. We have Constitutional rights for a reason. 

I watch it because we need to see and understand how far our rights are eroded by each different officer. 

Every traffic stop doesn't need to be a big criminal investigation, but, so many of the stops we see on there every Friday and Saturday night do become that way. It's very interesting to watch how they're apparently trained to either trick a citizen into giving up their rights, or to circumvent those rights with very broad probable cause leeway. How they team together to trick the citizens, and how they talk out loud on camera so as to build their probable cause to erode the person's rights. 

It also gives a view into it all from the police officer's side as well, which is helpful imo. I especially like to pay attention to how the officers handle their adrenaline boosts during and after chases and that type of activity. Some of them clearly have a difficult time with that, and, I think they themselves and their precincts and "bosses" can use these videos to help them decide who should be a patrolman and who should be in some other capacity. 

Overall, I think LivePD is actually valuable to society in more ways than just simple entertainment.

13 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I enjoy watching the criminal with a crack rock in his pocket tell the officer "its not mine" or how the stolen car was a friend of his..but he doesn't know their name because "they just met a few hours ago"

Yeah, it's hardly ever theirs. Some of them even woke up and put on someone else's pants or jacket sometimes. Hahaha

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I enjoy watching the criminal with a crack rock in his pocket tell the officer "its not mine" or how the stolen car was a friend of his..but he doesn't know their name because "they just met a few hours ago"

Or my favorite how many have you had to drink it's always 2 beers.

Or they are trying to use their cell phone or smoke cigs while being arrested. It's all just a delay tactic.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I watch it because we need to see and understand how far our rights are eroded by each different officer. 

Every traffic stop doesn't need to be a big criminal investigation, but, so many of the stops we see on there every Friday and Saturday night do become that way. It's very interesting to watch how they're apparently trained to either trick a citizen into giving up their rights, or to circumvent those rights with very broad probable cause leeway. How they team together to trick the citizens, and how they talk out loud on camera so as to build their probable cause to erode the person's rights. 

It also gives a view into it all from the police officer's side as well, which is helpful imo. I especially like to pay attention to how the officers handle their adrenaline boosts during and after chases and that type of activity. Some of them clearly have a difficult time with that, and, I think they themselves and their precincts and "bosses" can use these videos to help them decide who should be a patrolman and who should be in some other capacity. 

Overall, I think LivePD is actually valuable to society in more ways than just simple entertainment.

Of course if you are doing nothing wrong and have all your crap together up to date drivers license, car tag,  pistol permit, insurance etc. and are not drunk or have drugs or driving crazy nothing happens. I have never even had a cop ask me to get out of a car before.  When a cop smells dope those kinda stops happen.  People say shit happens well only happens to those kind of people you see on live PD. 

HawgGoneit you must have had a bad run in with the police before.

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Of course if you are doing nothing wrong and have all your crap together up to date drivers license, car tag,  pistol permit, insurance etc. and are not drunk or have drugs or driving crazy nothing happens. I have never even had a cop ask me to get out of a car before.  When a cop smells dope those kinda stops happen.  People say shit happens well only happens to those kind of people you see on live PD. 

HawgGoneit you must have had a bad run in with the police before.

I know people that get stopped for speeding and get warnings from the police and then I know I always get the ticket. Haha. 

Your viewpoint there is part of the issue. "Those kind of people." 

They're us. 

Their rights are the same as your rights. A simple tag light stop on there turns into a thing where people are taken from their cars and searched. 

I see a lot of that type of viewpoint everywhere. With the covid thing, it's "ahh that's New York, old people and blacks." With live pd in this thread it's "those people." With the ongoing protests and riots it's, "liberal cities and shitholes, antifa etc." 

It's never US, it's always THEM or THOSE PEOPLE. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know people that get stopped for speeding and get warnings from the police and then I know I always get the ticket. Haha. 

Your viewpoint there is part of the issue. "Those kind of people." 

They're us. 

Their rights are the same as your rights. A simple tag light stop on there turns into a thing where people are taken from their cars and searched. 

I see a lot of that type of viewpoint everywhere. With the covid thing, it's "ahh that's New York, old people and blacks." With live pd in this thread it's "those people." With the ongoing protests and riots it's, "liberal cities and shitholes, antifa etc." 

It's never US, it's always THEM or THOSE PEOPLE. 

It is those people I have never been pulled over for a tag light I keep my cars maintained,  never had a car searched, never been ask if I have been drinking, never been ask stuff like got any drugs or warrants, don't Associate with anybody who may have drugs on them so they may end up in may car, inside of my car does not look like a hoarder home,  what are the odds of most of the people on live pd working full time 40 hour week jobs.  

It is those people I have never been pulled over for a tag light I keep my cars maintained,  never had a car searched, never been ask if I have been drinking, never been ask stuff like got any drugs or warrants, don't Associate with anybody who may have drugs on them so they may end up in may car, inside of my car does not look like a hoarder home,  what are the odds of most of the people on live pd working full time 40 hour week jobs.  

So yeah, definitely the issue is you look down your nose at people that can't afford to maintain their car and that type of thing. 

Clearly you are much better than most other Americans since you are privileged and your rights have never been infringed like multitudes of others have. 

I know, if you go to YouTube and watch Tom Zebra and the other cop watcher videos, you will have a problem with the guy holding the camera and not the officers that try to infringe on their first amendment rights because the cops are stopping "those people." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are missing the WHOLE point. I'll never understand why so many Americans are so willing to give up their rights when they dont have to, or shouldnt.

I dont want them illegally searching a "losers" vehicle without consent or probable cause because they god damn sure arent searching me or mine without it. BTW, and illegal lane change is not probable cause.

And by the way, I was a LEO for 13 years. I know how it works. Ive seen it MANY times. 

If it cant be done within the framework of the constitution, then dont do it.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So yeah, definitely the issue is you look down your nose at people that can't afford to maintain their car and that type of thing. 

Clearly you are much better than most other Americans since you are privileged and your rights have never been infringed like multitudes of others have. 

I know, if you go to YouTube and watch Tom Zebra and the other cop watcher videos, you will have a problem with the guy holding the camera and not the officers that try to infringe on their first amendment rights because the cops are stopping "those people." 

Excellent.

3 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Excellent.

Man, idk. We have some major problems in this country, and most of them stem back to how quickly folks assume the "us and them" viewpoint. It's amazing how quickly folks go directly to that mechanism. "Oh, that's those people." 

On live pd for instance, the car getting pulled over is a beater with the hood zip tied shut and a blown tag light. So, now, it's perfectly OK to take this stop to a full blown investigation and pretty much infringe on the person's rights because the car is a mess. There has to be something going on in there with all that trash and stuff. Then after the person's rights are more or less infringed and something surfaces then it's all affirmed that the way the stop went down must have been fine and dandy because they found something. It's fine because it was "those people" and I'm privileged enough to have never had an issue. 

I've recently been reading on Qualified Immunity and how it's applied in different situations where the police have made mistakes in arrests and or brutality cases. Just another part of the problem as to how we are policed differently and are allowed fewer rights than the police. 

15 minutes ago, rockinl said:

You are missing the WHOLE point. I'll never understand why so many Americans are so willing to give up their rights when they dont have to, or shouldnt.

I dont want them illegally searching a "losers" vehicle without consent or probable cause because they god damn sure arent searching me or mine without it. BTW, and illegal lane change is not probable cause.

And by the way, I was a LEO for 13 years. I know how it works. Ive seen it MANY times. 

If it cant be done within the framework of the constitution, then dont do it.

Because if I don't I get arrested or fined or some other BS. I can't tell the cops "I know my rights, You can't search me" either I comply or have something happen to me... Shit I could comply and still have something happen to me... I don't hate the cops but I don't trust em either...  

I can follow the law but some other officer might decided to dish out his own law... 

• Thanks 1

I say all of this stuff, and I definitely like a good many of the cops on Live PD and how they conduct themselves. 

Then, I sit back and think, of course they're hand picked for t.v. by their communities because they are probably the best at what they do. I see the ones that make what I consider a mistake and then suddenly that officer, police force or city is suddenly no longer carried on the show.

For instance there was one up in the northeast somewhere, can't remember the exact town now, cop always seemed a little chippy to me already anyway, but, he gets into a foot pursuit with a man. Eventually the man falls down and gives up. Turns and faces the officer while on his knees with his hands up, the officer takes a quick pause, I mean, I could almost understand he was making a mental decision right in a momentary pause, and then he dives into the guy like a football player. Full on tackle of the guy that just gave up already. Classic adrenaline overload and inability to make a good decision by that officer due to that.. Last time I saw that cop or city on the show. 

See a tatted up one from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol that is a straight up jerk as well. They've pretty well stopped carrying him also, although they still do carry some footage from there. 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Because if I don't I get arrested or fined or some other BS. I can't tell the cops "I know my rights, You can't search me" either I comply or have something happen to me... Shit I could comply and still have something happen to me... I don't hate the cops but I don't trust em either...  

I can follow the law but some other officer might decided to dish out his own law... 

Never tell them you know your rights. That's probable cause to search your shit down. Haven't you ever watched Live PD? 

As soon as someone takes that type posture with the cop, it opens a whole new can of worms. xD

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't look down on those people. I just try not to put myself in a position of having a higher chance to get pulled over.  For instance I live by the old saying nothing good happens after midnight I'm never out late unless I have no choice. Having a tag out of date for example 90% of the people pulled over on live TD have at least 1 of these things going on beer/booze, cigs, drugs how about getting your tag renewed instead of buy a few cases of beer or cigs with an out of date tag you are asking to get pulled over an up to date tag you don't get pulled over. These people you see on live PD are just begging to get pulled over.  People have a choice next week for example it is tag month I got paid I can go to the courthouse get my tag renewed or go buy 2 cases of beer, a case of cigs and a bag of dope that is a choice. Some make the right choice some don't.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Never tell them you know your rights. That's probable cause to search your shit down. Haven't you ever watched Live PD? 

As soon as someone takes that type posture with the cop, it opens a whole new can of worms. xD

I never told a cop that because personally I fear police. Again don't hate em but don't trust em  and I've got family that works in law enforcement got an uncle that's a U.S Marshall and 3 cousins that work in various other Police departments.  

But I don't say anything when pulled over unless asked to because I want the exchange to be over as quick as possible.... 

Forgive me if I don't see the law as a friend. 

But I see your point saying shit like "I know my rights" does sound self incriminating

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, idk. We have some major problems in this country, and most of them stem back to how quickly folks assume the "us and them" viewpoint. It's amazing how quickly folks go directly to that mechanism. "Oh, that's those people." 

On live pd for instance, the car getting pulled over is a beater with the hood zip tied shut and a blown tag light. So, now, it's perfectly OK to take this stop to a full blown investigation and pretty much infringe on the person's rights because the car is a mess. There has to be something going on in there with all that trash and stuff. Then after the person's rights are more or less infringed and something surfaces then it's all affirmed that the way the stop went down must have been fine and dandy because they found something. It's fine because it was "those people" and I'm privileged enough to have never had an issue. 

I've recently been reading on Qualified Immunity and how it's applied in different situations where the police have made mistakes in arrests and or brutality cases. Just another part of the problem as to how we are policed differently and are allowed fewer rights than the police. 

Is the person you described more likely to have drugs on them or a 65 grandmother driving a 2016 camry?

I also had a state trooper tell me when they perform a traffic if the back seat of a car is full of misc garbage it shoots a red flag up instantly. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, it's hardly ever theirs. Some of them even woke up and put on someone else's pants or jacket sometimes. Hahaha

I saw an episode on Cops where the guy had a crack rock in his shorts and he said that he just bought the shorts at a consignment shop so it must have been already there LOL

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You are right once you get pulled over they can do anything they want. All they have to do is say I smell something funny next thing you know here comes the k9 you are handcuffed then they search your car from bumper to bumper. You have no choice in the matter this is why I go to extremes not to give them any  reason to pull me over. I take no chances when it comes to cops.

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I say all of this stuff, and I definitely like a good many of the cops on Live PD and how they conduct themselves. 

Then, I sit back and think, of course they're hand picked for t.v. by their communities because they are probably the best at what they do. I see the ones that make what I consider a mistake and then suddenly that officer, police force or city is suddenly no longer carried on the show.

For instance there was one up in the northeast somewhere, can't remember the exact town now, cop always seemed a little chippy to me already anyway, but, he gets into a foot pursuit with a man. Eventually the man falls down and gives up. Turns and faces the officer while on his knees with his hands up, the officer takes a quick pause, I mean, I could almost understand he was making a mental decision right in a momentary pause, and then he dives into the guy like a football player. Full on tackle of the guy that just gave up already. Classic adrenaline overload and inability to make a good decision by that officer due to that.. Last time I saw that cop or city on the show. 

See a tatted up one from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol that is a straight up jerk as well. They've pretty well stopped carrying him also, although they still do carry some footage from there. 

Don't run and you will not get tackled.

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I don't look down on those people. I just try not to put myself in a position of having a higher chance to get pulled over.  For instance I live by the old saying nothing good happens after midnight I'm never out late unless I have no choice. Having a tag out of date for example 90% of the people pulled over on live TD have at least 1 of these things going on beer/booze, cigs, drugs how about getting your tag renewed instead of buy a few cases of beer or cigs with an out of date tag you are asking to get pulled over an up to date tag you don't get pulled over. These people you see on live PD are just begging to get pulled over.  People have a choice next week for example it is tag month I got paid I can go to the courthouse get my tag renewed or go buy 2 cases of beer, a case of cigs and a bag of dope that is a choice. Some make the right choice some don't.

I don't disagree with that. I try to not be in that position myself. 

However, when I watch Live PD, I see people being pulled over because they look out of place in a neighborhood. "Look out of place." 

I looked out of place coming out of northwest Moultrie before my ownself. I was stopped in my own town because the officer thought I shouldn't be in that neighborhood because I'm white. That sir, is not a lawful stop, but, of course had I tried to file a suit, they would have magically had probable cause for some reason. Now, I was questioned and whatever, taken out of my clean and perfectly operating vehicle for no good reason except the officer "thought" I was out of place. They searched my truck and patted me down for their safety.

It's bullshit. First it was none of that guy's business what I was doing over there. I could have been dropping off a football player which I have been known to do occasionally. I could have been mentoring. Dropping off an employee. I could have been doing a lot of stuff, and not one little bit of it was any of that cop's fucking business. Of course I was clean and set about my way after being inconvenienced for no good reason, but, still... I don't forget about shit like that. 

• Like 1

Don't run and you will not get tackled.

Well fucking duh. 

So, because he ran, and then he gave up, you still think it was fine that he was tackled after having given up? He gave up. Don't be obtuse. 

This type of shit is why cities are burning.