Admire the honesty...

concha

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

So, being a Marxist is not necessarily incompatible with saving black lives. What's your beef? She said who she was. That's a lot more than many on this board do. 

1) Being a Marxist has rarely, if ever, been compatible with saving lives. It and its siblings are responsible for the deaths of potentially into the hundreds of millions of people in the last century or so.

2) "So" you apparently didn't read the title of the thread.  A complete non-shocker.

1 minute ago, concha said:

1) Being a Marxist has rarely, if ever, been compatible with saving lives. It and its siblings are responsible for the deaths of potentially into the hundreds of millions of people in the last century or so.

2) "So" you apparently didn't read the title of the thread.  A complete non-shocker.

So, capitalism has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions of lives since its inception several hundred years ago. What's the difference? You praise one and condemn the other, choosing to see virtue where there is none. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, DarterBlue said:

So, capitalism has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions of lives since its inception several hundred years ago. What's the difference? You praise one and condemn the other, choosing to see virtue where there is none. 

Debatable.  And within living memory the numbers aren't close.

Capitalism has created the technologies  and knowledge that have extended lifespans to what they are today and created wealth to the point where even most "poor" families in this country have fridges, microwaves, cable...

Marxism creates death, oppression, poverty and misery virtually without exception.

1 minute ago, concha said:

Debatable.  And within living memory the numbers aren't close.

Capitalism has created the technologies  and knowledge that have extended lifespans to what they are today and created wealth to the point where even most "poor" families in this country have fridges, microwaves, cable...

Marxism creates death, oppression, poverty and misery virtually without exception.

1. Not debatable at all. Capitalism has been responsible for the eradication of millions of indigenous people, not to mention child labor and indentured servitude and America's greatest sin, slavery.  

2. Most poor families are mired in debt to the point they have negative net worth.

3. The Soviet Union transformed from backward agrarian country into one of the world's two super powers (at the time) in a matter of three decades. This was done at great cost due to the tyranny of Stalin, but you can't ignore their achievements. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, DarterBlue said:

1. Not debatable at all. Capitalism has been responsible for the eradication of millions of indigenous people, not to mention child labor and indentured servitude and America's greatest sin, slavery.  

2. Most poor families are mired in debt to the point they have negative net worth.

3. The Soviet Union transformed from backward agrarian country into one of the world's two super powers (at the time) in a matter of three decades. This was done at great cost due to the tyranny of Stalin, but you can't ignore their achievements. 

1)  Marxism/Communism takes no silver medal to capitalism in body count.  Again, you are forced to go back centuries to even have an argument. I'd bet you even count the deaths from diseases brought the New World.  And America inherited slavery, it didn't invent it.  And it saw to its eradication.

2) Most poor families here live like kings compared to the vast majority of people in the world.

3) The Soviet Union murdered tens of millions of its own citizens and had the rest living like shit and in fear.  Many - if not most -  of those murdered were non-Russian minorities.  And you may have missed the part where it collapsed due to inefficiency, corruption and focus on military rather than human needs.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Germany was great under hitler too. Wamna do naziism again

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, concha said:

1)  Marxism/Communism takes no silver medal to capitalism in body count.  Again, you are forced to go back centuries to even have an argument. I'd bet you even count the deaths from diseases brought the New World.  And America inherited slavery, it didn't invent it.  And it saw to its eradication.

2) Most poor families here live like kings compared to the vast majority of people in the world.

3) The Soviet Union murdered tens of millions of its own citizens and had the rest living like shit and in fear.  Many - if not most -  of those murdered were non-Russian minorities.  And you may have missed the part where it collapsed due to inefficiency, corruption and focus on military rather than human needs.

1. Slavery ended in the USA after the bloodiest war in the nation's history. It's not as if the country became enlightened one day and said: "lets free the slaves." Also, the natives here were systematically slaughtered as the country moved west. To minimize the loss of life is an exercise in very selective memory at best.

2. Most poor families that I am acquainted with in the USA live hand to mouth at best, always one paycheck away from unmitigated disaster. I don't think you can live like a king in that kind of financial circumstance.

3. See 1., especially as it relates to non-European minorities including the original inhabitants. Today, the USA is on the brink of collapse due to the same inefficiency, corruption ad focus on military rather than human needs.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1. Slavery ended in the USA after the bloodiest war in the nation's history. It's not as if the country became enlightened one day and said: "lets free the slaves." Also, the natives here were systematically slaughtered as the country moved west. To minimize the loss of life is an exercise in very selective memory at best.

2. Most poor families that I am acquainted with in the USA live hand to mouth at best, always one paycheck away from unmitigated disaster. I don't think you can live like a king in that kind of financial circumstance.

3. See 1., especially as it relates to non-European minorities including the original inhabitants. Today, the USA is on the brink of collapse due to the same inefficiency, corruption ad focus on military rather than human needs.  

1)  The country was established recognizing that it could not stand if the slave-holding states were not "in". And it was designed to limit any growth in slavery. And, again, slavery was here for generations before America became a country.  

Growth and conquest do not require capitalism as driving factors.

The truth is that in modern times, Marxists/Communists have no rivals in death count.

2)  How do they compare to a poor (or even average) Jamaican? Just for example.  Russian?  Chinese?

3)  You are forced to go back to a times where many if not most countries in Europe were still ruled by kings and queens or were just getting rid of them.  

The US is nowhere near where the USSR was, when it was spending 15%-20% of GDP on the military.  We currently spend well under 4%.  To compare inefficiency, corruption and military spending between the USSR and current day America is beyond foolish. Seriously, man...

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Most families live hand to mouth due to high taxes, low level of education businesses left for other countries due to spinless governments. Many different circumstances

Yes a majority of the 6000000 dead soldiers were white who went to die in fields to free the slaves 

Lots of blood was spilt by the democrats in the age of reconstruction after the war. 

39 minutes ago, concha said:

1)  The country was established recognizing that it could not stand if the slave-holding states were not "in". And it was designed to limit any growth in slavery. And, again, slavery was here for generations before America became a country.  

Growth and conquest do not require capitalism as driving factors.

The truth is that in modern times, Marxists/Communists have no rivals in death count.

2)  How do they compare to a poor (or even average) Jamaican? Just for example.  Russian?  Chinese?

3)  You are forced to go back to a times where many if not most countries in Europe were still ruled by kings and queens or were just getting rid of them.  

The US is nowhere near where the USSR was, when it was spending 15%-20% of GDP on the military.  We currently spend well under 4%.  To compare inefficiency, corruption and military spending between the USSR and current day America is beyond foolish. Seriously, man...

1. Over 150 years after its abolition, blacks in America still have a lower life expectancy than Jamaicans, since you choose to bring that up. 

2. Hitler's Germany was a capitalist endeavor. How many people's death was he responsible for, again? And, yes, he murdered his own citizens, too, just ask any German, Jewish family.

3. See 2. In addition, I can cite brutal capitalist dictatorships such as the Shah's Iran which came to power by a CIA sponsored coup which eliminated Mohammed Mussadegh; the Chilean sponsored coup which put in place the brutal Pinochet regime; many brutal, Brazilian regimes that vaporized many of its citizens. Or, before I forget, the current gangsta regime in Saudi Arabia that also vaporizes its citizens including a journalist that was an American resident. 

Concha, the fact of the matter is that both communist and capitalist regimes have done bad things to their people. Where you and I differ, is that I can acknowledge that, while you must forever revile the one and extol the other. I am a realist. I keep my eyes open realizing that any Government, or Corporation for that matter, has the capacity to do horrible things to individuals. And, over the course of history, they have done so. The fact is that power, as Lord Acton observed, is corrupting and corrosive. It matters not the ideology behind it.  

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1. Over 150 years after its abolition, blacks in America still have a lower life expectancy than Jamaicans, since you choose to bring that up. 

2. Hitler's Germany was a capitalist endeavor. How many people's death was he responsible for, again? And, yes, he murdered his own citizens, too, just ask any German, Jewish family.

3. See 2. In addition, I can cite brutal capitalist dictatorships such as the Shah's Iran which came to power by a CIA sponsored coup which eliminated Mohammed Mussadegh; the Chilean sponsored coup which put in place the brutal Pinochet regime; many brutal, Brazilian regimes that vaporized many of its citizens. Or, before I forget, the current gangsta regime in Saudi Arabia that also vaporizes its citizens including a journalist that was an American resident. 

Concha, the fact of the matter is that both communist and capitalist regimes have done bad things to their people. Where you and I differ, is that I can acknowledge that, while you must forever revile the one and extol the other. I am a realist. I keep my eyes open realizing that any Government, or Corporation for that matter, has the capacity to do horrible things to individuals. And, over the course of history, they have done so. The fact is that power, as Lord Acton observed, is corrupting and corrosive. It matters not the ideology behind it.  

Hitler is actually responsible for 0 deaths since he did not directly kill anyone by his own hand. Its like Charlie Manson. He did not kill anyone 

Matter of fact hitler was not even at the meeting when his generals decided on the last solution. Hitler was so drugged up he probably had very little clue what was going on 

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1)  Is that due to poverty? Or things like diet?  So a Jamaican lives a longer life in abject poverty?  Win!

2)  Capitalism is most strongly associated with free market democracies.  Nazi Germany's atrocities were not committed in the name of nor driven by capitalism. It was driven by a racist dictatorship and the economy had a high degree of central planning.  Fail.

3)  Both sides can point to brutal regimes in the Cold War.  Chile actually ended up very prosperous thanks to Pinochet.  Rather than ending up like Cuba or current day Venezuela, it is now the most prosperous country in Latin America.  I know. I lived there.  

The fact is that the high standards of living in many of the world's nations generally have nothing to do with Marxism.  Marxism leads nations to collapse and mass death. Almost invariably. Capitalism has been the greatest driver of wealth and increased standards of living the world has ever seen.

45 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Hitler is actually responsible for 0 deaths since he did not directly kill anyone by his own hand. Its like Charlie Manson. He did not kill anyone 

Matter of fact hitler was not even at the meeting when his generals decided on the last solution. Hitler was so drugged up he probably had very little clue what was going on 

You really need to stop.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I gotta admit this made me laugh my ass off

Liberal amazon gave black people chicken and waffles to celebrate today lmaooooooo

Seriously - liberal white people are truly amusing at times.  Should have done the Fuzzy Zoeller meal - fried chicken and collards

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, concha said:

1)  Is that due to poverty? Or things like diet?  So a Jamaican lives a longer life in abject poverty?  Win!

2)  Capitalism is most strongly associated with free market democracies.  Nazi Germany's atrocities were not committed in the name of nor driven by capitalism. It was driven by a racist dictatorship and the economy had a high degree of central planning.  Fail.

3)  Both sides can point to brutal regimes in the Cold War.  Chile actually ended up very prosperous thanks to Pinochet.  Rather than ending up like Cuba or current day Venezuela, it is now the most prosperous country in Latin America.  I know. I lived there.  

The fact is that the high standards of living in many of the world's nations generally have nothing to do with Marxism.  Marxism leads nations to collapse and mass death. Almost invariably. Capitalism has been the greatest driver of wealth and increased standards of living the world has ever seen.

1. Even poor Jamaicans tend to have a better diet than poor inner city blacks or Appalachian country whites. For those in the country tend to grow their own food and raise small livestock such as goats, pigs (not all are Rastas) and chickens. The country is poor and some are extremely poor, but the gap between those at the bottom of the totem poll in the USA and Jamaica is not as wide as you think. Trust me, I have lived in both places and am more qualified than you on this matter. 

2. Notwithstanding Milton Friedman's book, capitalism has produced all kinds of governments, many of which were not liberal democracies. The notion that capitalism must necessarily lead to freedom is a myth perpetrated by its apologists.

3. Cubans, despite the USA's murderous embargo, enjoy a very decent lifestyle relative to its Caribbean counterparts. They have a higher literacy rate and more per-capita doctors than our good old USA, thank you very much.  

I will let you have the last word as your ego requires it. 

PEACE!

• Thanks 1